Wiki Posts
Search

Receiver q'n (noob)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Receiver q'n (noob)

Sorry guys, relative newbie here and hope it is not too dumb a question...

I bought a buggy with everything included, and the Tx is a JR XS3.
Now, I have been out of the hobby for 10yrs, and seems it has all changed. I see I don't need to buy crystals as it synthesises the channel and I have a choice of 6 channels. Awesome.

Now I want to use that Tx with a newly purchased kit buggy, so

(1) do I need a JR RS300 receiver (which is possibly not available now) or will any FM 27meg with a similar channel select function work?

(2) are there disadvantages to this system? if all aussie units are 27meg, the only channels offered by JR are ch 1 - 6, then there is more chance of rolling up the track and not being able to run?
Or are other brands ch 7 - 11 for example?
Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

You can run any reciever you want. But if it is noty synthisized then you can only run the channel on the crystal. I would go for an RS310. They are MUCH smaller and not very much more money. I have a bunch of em but that prolly wont help you if you are in Australia.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
You can run any reciever you want. But if it is noty synthisized then you can only run the channel on the crystal. I would go for an RS310. They are MUCH smaller and not very much more money. I have a bunch of em but that prolly wont help you if you are in Australia.
Well depends how much you may be selling them for?
Old 10-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

You cant run any 27 reciever some brands are negative shift & some are posative shift you need to find out what you have & what the part you purchase is.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

+1 to butch man
Im running a novac with green antenna in one of my cars perfect with the 75mgz version. They might make both shifts.Futaba i know is the oppisite shift . These rec are still ava and very tough and water doesnt hurt them much as i run boats. Alot of ready to runs use 27 mgz so whatch for newbies turning on their radios not knowing the protocal on clips ect. 3010 recs are smaller versions of these recs