Wiki Posts
Search

tc6.1 worlds help needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tc6.1 worlds help needed

ive just built a tc6.1 worlds kit and need some advice on electronics. im wondering what would be a good steering servo and esc/motor set up for me? the place were I race is a smaller carpet track with medium traction. I have two other touring cars that ive run on this track and the 1st car is a tc4 club kit with a duratrax element system in it and it has sooo much power that it spins way too easy and is hard to handle the other car ive tried was my son tc3 car with a 17t brushed motor set up and a streak esc and it was slow however more controllable. any advice other than give up on touring cars would be greatly appreciated. I would ask the other touring car guys at the track for advice however my son has no clue because he is only 8 and other other guy is always asking me for advice.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bo duke
ive just built a tc6.1 worlds kit and need some advice on electronics. im wondering what would be a good steering servo and esc/motor set up for me? the place were I race is a smaller carpet track with medium traction. I have two other touring cars that ive run on this track and the 1st car is a tc4 club kit with a duratrax element system in it and it has sooo much power that it spins way too easy and is hard to handle the other car ive tried was my son tc3 car with a 17t brushed motor set up and a streak esc and it was slow however more controllable. any advice other than give up on touring cars would be greatly appreciated. I would ask the other touring car guys at the track for advice however my son has no clue because he is only 8 and other other guy is always asking me for advice.
well im running the orca 17.5, a couple other guys are running apex 2, and others are running the speed passion motors all seem to be working well, i believe for the apex 2, and the speed passion you should invest in a 12.5 ht rotor, as for the esc ive heard that a good one is either the lrp flow, or hobbywing v3, also heard the Orion is doing decent, as for the servo a low profile, brushless system with decent stats i think savox are fairly cheap and work well i think im running a futaba something or other
Old 01-07-2014, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you are just starting out in a racing level setup, a speed passion or hobby wing combo will be a good place to start. Their stuff is affordable and reliable with plenty of support here on rctech. What area are you racing? What classes are available at your local track? The most common class in the U.S. Is 17.5t no timing "blinky". It's reasonably fast but not crazy fast. Another spec class is VTA (vintage trans am). They usually run 25.5t motors. FYI the lower number of wire turns has more power output ie, less wire resistance = more power.
Hope this helps.
P.S. Take a look at the TC6 thread as you will get plenty of advice there.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

+1 on the Hobbywing ESC and a 17.5T Brushless motor. Relatively inexpensive and has great performance. If you send me a "pm" with email address, I can send you a good car setup to get you started.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

just so im ordering the correct esc, I want the just stock (js5) esc and 17.5 motor. is that correct?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-combo-js5.html
Old 01-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Does your local track run VTA? If so, that'd be the perfect class to start learning how to drive a Touring Car. VTA uses a 25.5t motor.

The tires last a really long time so you don't need to put a ton of money into a new set of tires every run. The cars are the perfect speed so that you can really learn how to drive a car.

The Justock ESC is perfect. Order from falconsekido.com and use the code RCT4U to get a discount from RCTech. They're Hobbywing's North American distributor, and I've ordered tons of stuff from them.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

just so im ordering the correct esc, I want the just stock (js5) esc and 17.5 motor. is that correct?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-combo-js5.html
Hi Bo,
what you want to order is primarily dictated by the class you intend to run for the next 12 months. If it's 17.5t and don't want any extra bells and whistles, you can certainly stick with a "stock" combo. I prefer the speed passion stuff myself since that's what I am familiar with and I don't know if the hobbywing motors are ROAR legal... that's just my ignorance shining through. Something to consider is to invest in large pinion gears somewhere in the 45-60 tooth range is a pretty big spread for 17.5 through VTA. Yeah Racing makes nice little kits of 6 gears in 1 tooth increments for like $20 a set. You may just want to get the 17.5 system and pickup a 25.5t motor as an alternative for VTA if you decide to run that class.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

The justock esc is an awesome speedo imo better than tekin for spec racing and it only cost 49.99
Old 01-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was able to buy it today, cant wait to get it put together with the car...anyone have a servo suggestion?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I was able to buy it today, cant wait to get it put together with the car...anyone have a servo suggestion?
BUT you have forgoten to answer there question» what class will you be racing and do they have a VTA class...
Im a veteran racer in OVAL started in 1986,but Im building a TC 6.1 for VTA racing this looks like a fun and worth why'll class + I love the old Trans Am bodies...
Old 01-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Go with the Savox low profile hi speed servo. I have both the futaba and the Savox. I prefer the Savox.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by flag72
BUT you have forgoten to answer there question» what class will you be racing and do they have a VTA class...
Im a veteran racer in OVAL started in 1986,but Im building a TC 6.1 for VTA racing this looks like a fun and worth why'll class + I love the old Trans Am bodies...
no there isn't a vta class at this track, not to say it wont develop in the future. so far there is only 3 touring cars at this track. I also have a tc4 with a 69 Camaro body and the vta tires and wheels in case I could get a vta class as well.

Originally Posted by YoDog
Go with the Savox low profile hi speed servo. I have both the futaba and the Savox. I prefer the Savox.
what is it about the savox you prefer? also is the sc1251 the savox I should use?

Last edited by bo duke; 01-09-2014 at 03:51 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I use the HW Justock ESC and Savox 1251MG servo in my sedans.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Savox 1252 for steering duties
Old 01-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Bo,
the Savox is a good performer for the money and is slightly smaller than many others in the same category. It feels quick, smooth and precise, actually more precise than my Futaba which costs $30 more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.