Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
I wanted to make sure I purchase all of what I need and assemble them in the car before driving the car, something goes wrong because it is weaker quality/dysfunctional, and then waiting a week to get parts and lose track time because of the wait. That is all.

I want to make sure I assemble the car correctly the first time. Not build it, and keep tearing it down because something goes wrong or is recommended to upgrade it because of harsher driving conditions, etc.
Well, my advice is... if your LHS don't have Serpent parts... don't do it...

Always do something that you can get local supply, regardless what brand it's. Because shit always happen and you always run into situation that need local parts supply...
Old 12-18-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ttso
Well, my advice is... if your LHS don't have Serpent parts... don't do it...

Always do something that you can get local supply, regardless what brand it's. Because shit always happen and you always run into situation that need local parts supply...
Yeah but see, I been a long time Serpent fan. I love the cars. They are such high quality and engineered cars and always built to satisfy the hobbyist. As far as parts, when I order kits, I always buy enough parts to last me a season of racing. So I am not worried about that.

What I am worried about is buying a car, but not buying the upgrades recommended to keep the car driving smooth in harsh conditions. That's all.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah but see, I been a long time Serpent fan. I love the cars. They are such high quality and engineered cars and always built to satisfy the hobbyist. As far as parts, when I order kits, I always buy enough parts to last me a season of racing. So I am not worried about that.

What I am worried about is buying a car, but not buying the upgrades recommended to keep the car driving smooth in harsh conditions. That's all.
The serpent 733 does not require any upgrades to keep the car driving smooth in harsh conditions.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by G87z
The serpent 733 does not require any upgrades to keep the car driving smooth in harsh conditions.
That is good to hear. Looks like Serpent has not changed much in terms of getting quality all included with the kit from the start.

Now my final two questions:

What body works well with this car? Audi A5 from Xceed? Mazda Speed 6? DNA1?

What LiPo RX pack works with this car? I will be using the JR 9100HS HV servos.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That is good to hear. Looks like Serpent has not changed much in terms of getting quality all included with the kit from the start.

Now my final two questions:

What body works well with this car? Audi A5 from Xceed? Mazda Speed 6? DNA1?

What LiPo RX pack works with this car? I will be using the JR 9100HS HV servos.

the AUDI works the proline stratus still works well
the new blitz and the proline r5 all work very good
you will be happy with all the above
I would not use the 6 or the dna IMO they dont work

xceed lipo fits the car very good or you could look into
a new life 6.6

as far as the kits all the new stuff is in the kits now
I got one of the first kits to come in 2 florida.
and I just got another about a month ago and all the new plastics /belts /tank /stickers came with It I was very happy
Old 12-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
the AUDI works the proline stratus still works well
the new blitz and the proline r5 all work very good
you will be happy with all the above
I would not use the 6 or the dna IMO they dont work

xceed lipo fits the car very good or you could look into
a new life 6.6

as far as the kits all the new stuff is in the kits now
I got one of the first kits to come in 2 florida.
and I just got another about a month ago and all the new plastics /belts /tank /stickers came with It I was very happy
Oh wow, that is very good to hear. You just made me happy in the pants.

How about parts? Everything in stock? I think the only other upgrade I will do is the engine mount monobloc.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Oh wow, that is very good to hear. You just made me happy in the pants.

How about parts? Everything in stock? I think the only other upgrade I will do is the engine mount monobloc.
Every parts are in stock, It comes with a unique monoblock chassis tuning engine mount, all you might want to add is a front spool (option part) here: http://kamikazercracing.com/proddeta...prod=SER804185
Old 12-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Every parts are in stock, It comes with a unique monoblock chassis tuning engine mount, all you might want to add is a front spool (option part) here: http://kamikazercracing.com/proddeta...prod=SER804185
The more I hear about this car, the more excited I get.

So I guess it is safe to say that I should just stock on arms (upper and lower, front and rear), bumper, knuckles... and that's it? Anything else I should consider with my order?

As far as a spool on a foam-based car... is that really recommended? I usually like to run front and rear diffs.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

The more I hear about this car, the more excited I get.

So I guess it is safe to say that I should just stock on arms (upper and lower, front and rear), bumper, knuckles... and that's it? Anything else I should consider with my order?

As far as a spool on a foam-based car... is that really recommended?
I usually like to run front and rear diffs.
Spool is a tuning option and it's just a suggestion and yes it is smart to order extra parts like Front upper and lower arms, rear lower arms, Front knuckles, rear upright or just get the 804175 which I call it a crash pack, (it comes with all the mentioned arms knuckles and uprights) and don't forget the 804165 front bumper and 804164 front body plate.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Suspended

Spool is a tuning option and it's just a suggestion and yes it is smart to order extra parts like Front upper and lower arms, rear lower arms, Front knuckles, rear upright or just get the 804175 which I call it a crash pack, (it comes with all the mentioned arms knuckles and uprights) bumper and 804164 front body plate.
I would also get the front upper and lower bumper plates and wide foam bumper they work great and will save your arms
Old 12-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
I would also get the front upper and lower bumper plates and wide foam bumper they work great and will save your arms
Forgot to mention 804160 and 804161 and good news about the parts are the prices are very reasonable.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Suspended

HARRY listen to SAM @ kamikazercracing he can help you out BIG time on all of your rc needs for the serpent 733
and then some
Old 12-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

+1 on what Pete said Sam is one of the best Hey Pete I'll be in Florida as of later tonite
Old 12-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Forgot to mention 804160 and 804161 and good news about the parts are the prices are very reasonable.
Hey Sam,

I thank you for your assistance. When I searched for the crash pack and other other numbers you posted, I could not get them to show up in the search.

I wanted to get a total of all the body, parts, car, engine, muffler, so I know what I will be looking at to spend. What kind of muffler would you suggest for a technical track that has a long straight and high-speed sweeper?

Also, I saw on your site that the 733 comes with 1 free set of tires? What kind of tires?
Old 12-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

CHASSIS STIFFNER REAR
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-ser-804192.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.