Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What has Roar done for me lately ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Some track do longer mains. But for the big races with triple a mains, would they still be longer? Or maybe a competition caution with a first leg winner. The possibilities are endless.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by JDCrow
The Electric Committee is very actively working on many items. This one included.

Why do you ask?

Cus its time to increase mains from 5 min and wondered when and how many minutes Roar is considering increasing the mains ....
Old 09-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Cus its time to increase mains from 5 min and wondered when and how many minutes Roar is considering increasing the mains ....
I can tell you that the Electric Off-Road Committee has been tasked with many new and revision action items over the course of this year. We have nearly a completely new group of dedicated members who are very active within the committee, and have been working effectively to enhance the racing experience at all levels.

We have been and are working on a Heat/Main Race Length Revision, and our recommendation will be presented for the Executive Committee to Review at their Fall Meeting.

Just another one of those little things ROAR the Organization is doing for you, to improve your membership experience.

You can always PM me here, email me at JD<DOT>CROW<AT>YAHOO<DOT>COM or contact your Regional Director, ROAR Competition Director, or even Dawn if there is a Rule, Class, or Competition change/improvement you would like to recommend.

Please don't just say whats wrong, also include your thoughts on how to revise.

JD

Last edited by JDCrow; 09-05-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Are track has been running 6 minute heats and mains. Every month or two we will throw in a 8 to 10 minute main. Everyone seems to been happy with that.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDCrow
I can tell you that the Electric Off-Road Committee has been tasked with many new and revision action items over the course of this year. We have nearly a completely new group of dedicated members who are very active within the committee, and have been working effectively to enhance the racing experience at all levels.

We have been and are working on a Heat/Main Race Length Revision, and our recommendation will be presented for the Executive Committee to Review at their Fall Meeting.

Just another one of those little things ROAR the Organization is doing for you, to improve your membership experience.

You can always PM me here, email me at JD<DOT>CROW<AT>YAHOO<DOT>COM or contact your Regional Director, ROAR Competition Director, or even Dawn if there is a Rule, Class, or Competition change/improvement you would like to recommend.

Please don't just say whats wrong, also include your thoughts on how to revise.

JD
Thanks for the update post JD.
Is there any way a ROAR member can find out what the proposals are before being booted upstairs?
It would be nice to know whats going on and have some member input beforehand instead of the annual surprise of a major rules change.

Thanks, Fred # 11-109234
Old 09-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
So take your smug opinions and put them somewhere else.
+2 I've read many of the posts "RCabcs" has placed. The attitude behind them really reminds me of someone who used to be on here but was suspended, his avatar was a Jack Nicholson. I just blocked his comments cause they are often rude and counterproductive...
Old 09-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
+2 I've read many of the posts "RCabcs" has placed. The attitude behind them really reminds me of someone who used to be on here but was suspended, his avatar was a Jack Nicholson. I just blocked his comments cause they are often rude and counterproductive...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/oldschoolracer.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/rocketrob40.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...-mtrsprts.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/szakcajaru.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/oxymoron.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/ratherbracin.html

...and now:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/rcabcs.html

BTW -- I was looking forward to meeting Dawn at the Nats, but it didn't work out. I kept asking around to see if you were there...and I guess you either weren't coming out or not until Sunday...and I figured that Sunday wasn't a day you had a lot of spare minutes.

I don't *do* big races, only club stuff...and frankly, I until recently, haven't had much interest in joining ROAR, because I never really figured that anything they did applied to what I do. "ROAR" was always a bad word to me, because when someone mentioned it, that meant that I couldn't race for one reason or another (long-time brushless and Lipo user here).

It's been really interesting watching how you have literally turned around ROAR...or at least turned around the attitude...and really kicked ass. Hats off for all your hard work. It ain't easy to be the leader of anything...especially one who comes on one of these boards and takes all the shots you do...justified or not.

Last edited by Turbo Joe; 09-05-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
who.....

...me?

or do you mean oldschoolracer, rocketrob40, rocket-mtrsprts, ratherBracin, or oxymoron?

Sorry RB Five - you have the best threads. Provocative, insightful, entertaining.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

damn turbo...beat me again.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stitchy
Maybe I'll get my buggy out and you can have a chance for redemption tomorrow night.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by stitchy
you wee lads are such a hoot
Old 09-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What has Roar done for me lately -

1. Lipo
2. Brushless
3. National and regional events
4. Made and maintained a set of rules that are followed in general by about
every club that I ever visit.
5. Made it when I go visit a club any of the same class vehicles can be competative if I drive well.

6. Not approved everything during this age of internet "approve it now or you suck" attitude so that item 4 is still there.

And many numerous other items that I can not account.

What have I done to make Roar better -

1. Complain about them not approving the one item I want.
2. Complain about ..... (Place in some other item depending on the day.)
3. Complain and not get involved.
4. Ok I lied, I did help with track maint during my regional race. But that is realy not a lot of involvement.

All I can say is if this was a marraige the judge would throw most of us under the jail.

All I can do is beg you - If you do not like what is happening get involved. Run for office. Help with the work on regional races. Learn all that goes into it and help make the changes.

I helped maintain a track for over a year and all I can say is 99% of the people in Roar are doing it more for love of RC and personal satisfaction than anything else.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCabcs
you wee lads are such a hoot
...and you seem to have an inordinate fascination with all of us being young boys. I mean...I'm sure there could be some reasonable explanation for it and all, but it does strike me as a bit creepy.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

I've heard this 2 ways. Can you run a ROAR approved sensored motor with a sensorless ESC, so the sensors are not connected?
Old 09-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Alberico
I've heard this 2 ways. Can you run a ROAR approved sensored motor with a sensorless ESC, so the sensors are not connected?
Can't imagine how it could be deemed illegal, just because the ESC isn't doing anything with the wires.

I also could not imagine why the sensor wires would have to be used/connected since they are not needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.