Wiki Posts
Search

Collet break

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
So because he does it it's better? If there tighten correctly you won't have issue
I offered this as an alternative idea to his situation. I didn't say it was better. If a collet is junk, it doesn't matter how much you tighten them down.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
I believe Ty uses a standard 3 shoe clutch. The one for the TLR 8 3.0 is different.
I don't think it matters how many shoe clutch they use. The collet should be the same no matter how many shoes are on the flywheel. But I could be wrong... I think most flywheels utilize the same taper on the collet.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TruggyDude91
I don't think it matters how many shoe clutch they use. The collet should be the same no matter how many shoes are on the flywheel. But I could be wrong... I think most flywheels utilize the same taper on the collet.
Per my understanding, the orginal post was about a collet on TLR 8 3.0. The clutch on a TLR car is different. The flywheel, the shoes, the way the shoes mount and the tools used are different. The collet is a bit shorter than a regular 3 shoe clutch...
Old 09-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TruggyDude91
I offered this as an alternative idea to his situation. I didn't say it was better. If a collet is junk, it doesn't matter how much you tighten them down.
You're way off course. He's using Losi clutch parts then you jump ship with what Ty uses. Then somehow went to tighten nut down won't matter if collet was junk. I talking about issue was mostly caused by it NOT being tighten
Old 09-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default yeah

That's even worse. I would throw the losi clutch in the trash and use a Mugen setup. Much better and more standard parts.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
That's even worse. I would throw the losi clutch in the trash and use a Mugen setup. Much better and more standard parts.
Surely you arent stating that the Mugen setup is more common than the Losi? There are at least 10 to every 1 Mugen out there and probably more like 20+.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by merdith6
Isnt it the same standard 3 shoe clutch system all the other cars use?
Old 09-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default no

Originally Posted by token
Isnt it the same standard 3 shoe clutch system all the other cars use?
The losi clutch is very specific. it has a really small brass collet and it is not standard. It is a 4 shoe design too. Most 3 show clutches copied Mugen on their design. So it's standard across different brands with similar designs and the collet is steel and lasts forever with no issues.

oops I kind of misread your post. you are right mugen is more standard.