Search

New On-Point OP12C

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

whoops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq00eXAkwOo

This one works if I'm correct. Thanks for the heads up!

Regards Robert
Old 02-19-2013, 01:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nice one again Robo!!!

Keep this up man! A lot of usefull stuff, not only for 12th scale but also WGT & Pro10...
Old 02-01-2014, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Things have been quiet on the thread for some time but not on the race track and behind the scenes.

Hyperdrive/Mudslide Racing, always the materials supplier for the On-Point car from its inception, has now taken over its distribution. A complete kit is in the final stages of being packaged and continued development is on the books. Both USA and European team members are still actively campaigning the car with Mike Pulfer now the acting team manager.

Cars and Parts are available in the USA from Hyperdrive/Mudslide Racing at this link:
http://www.muddslidemotorsports.com/1kiandpa.html

A big THANK YOU needs to be given to the creator of the On-Point car; Paul Chicarrelo (SP) also known simply as Chicky, who is himself a world class 12th mod racer. His imagination, expertise, and dedication helped to propel the On-Point car to such lofty levels as an "A" final grid spot in the last World Champ's, piloted by Jilles Groskemp (SP). The On-Point car was also in the "A" at last year's on-road Roar Carpet Nationals in 12th mod, and there were also multiple cars in both the stock and mod "A" at last year's Halloween Classic. This year there were On-Point cars in both "A" mains at the Roar Region 5 championship; going 1-2 in 12th Mod.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good to see On-Point is still going strong. I'm new to 12th scale and recently picked up a Serpent S120 equipped with the OP conversion. Very nice indeed. It was a pleasant surprise to find out Barry was the distributor as I recently arranged a dealer account with them for oval items.
Hyperdrive/Muddslide, Barry and Joe Hill are great to deal with. Looking forward to more On-Point greatness !!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Questions??

Can the OP rear pod be used with the AE 5.1 lipo chassis? really trying to find replacement aluminum parts to get away from the blue cheese. Have already bent two AE motor mounts
And if so, would I need to use the OP bottom plate, or could I just buy the top and the two sides?
Thanks
Old 02-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by durtbag
Can the OP rear pod be used with the AE 5.1 lipo chassis? really trying to find replacement aluminum parts to get away from the blue cheese. Have already bent two AE motor mounts
And if so, would I need to use the OP bottom plate, or could I just buy the top and the two sides?
Thanks
Not sure if Op pod fits, but the 5.2 pod is redesigned with less bending in in mind. I luckily got the last Tamale pod, but Zen offers adjustable pods. They look very beefy: http://www.zen-racing.co.uk/catalog/...a&filter_id=57
Old 02-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks
Not sure, BUT I can get you an answer this upcoming week. I'll call Pulfer and see if he knows. If he doesn't I'll take some parts over to my buddy James' house and we will see what fits on his AE 5.1 and 5.2 car.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darnold
Things have been quiet on the thread for some time but not on the race track and behind the scenes.

Hyperdrive/Mudslide Racing, always the materials supplier for the On-Point car from its inception, has now taken over its distribution. A complete kit is in the final stages of being packaged and continued development is on the books. Both USA and European team members are still actively campaigning the car with Mike Pulfer now the acting team manager.

Cars and Parts are available in the USA from Hyperdrive/Mudslide Racing at this link:
http://www.muddslidemotorsports.com/1kiandpa.html

A big THANK YOU needs to be given to the creator of the On-Point car; Paul Chicarrelo (SP) also known simply as Chicky, who is himself a world class 12th mod racer. His imagination, expertise, and dedication helped to propel the On-Point car to such lofty levels as an "A" final grid spot in the last World Champ's, piloted by Jilles Groskemp (SP). The On-Point car was also in the "A" at last year's on-road Roar Carpet Nationals in 12th mod, and there were also multiple cars in both the stock and mod "A" at last year's Halloween Classic. This year there were On-Point cars in both "A" mains at the Roar Region 5 championship; going 1-2 in 12th Mod.
at the time there seems to be no complete kit available. Also the descriptions on the other conversion kits is minimal.Not sure what its a kit for...
Old 02-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peter george
at the time there seems to be no complete kit available. Also the descriptions on the other conversion kits is minimal.Not sure what its a kit for...
Its a converson kit using 12R5 parts: side links, front end, side and center springs, any 12th center shock, center pivot, bearings, etc. Also needed is a IRS axle kit.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oddski
Not sure if Op pod fits, but the 5.2 pod is redesigned with less bending in in mind. I luckily got the last Tamale pod, but Zen offers adjustable pods. They look very beefy: http://www.zen-racing.co.uk/catalog/...a&filter_id=57
Yeah, the new 5.2 pod looks better.... but it's still AE aluminium:roll eyes:. The Zen pod looks interesting, but also looks heavy. I wanted to get the Team Tamale pod, but that isn't available anymore.

Originally Posted by darnold
Not sure, BUT I can get you an answer this upcoming week. I'll call Pulfer and see if he knows. If he doesn't I'll take some parts over to my buddy James' house and we will see what fits on his AE 5.1 and 5.2 car.
Thanks, darnold! would be nice to have it checked out. I should have mentioned that I have already converted to the 5.2 tubes and tweak plate on the 5.1 lipo chassis.
I was also thinking that the OP front bulkheads might work with the AE V2 lower arms without the need to use the inserts, since it appears that the OP bulkheads are threaded. That would would cool as well.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:57 AM
avs
Tech Master

Yeah, the new 5.2 pod looks better.... but it's still AE aluminium:roll eyes:. The Zen pod looks interesting, but also looks heavy. I wanted to get the Team Tamale pod, but that isn't available anymore.

Thanks, darnold! would be nice to have it checked out. I should have mentioned that I have already converted to the 5.2 tubes and tweak plate on the 5.1 lipo chassis.
I was also thinking that the OP front bulkheads might work with the AE V2 lower arms without the need to use the inserts, since it appears that the OP bulkheads are threaded. That would would cool as well.
the onpoint pod plates are nice, not too heavy but sturdy, and the front bulkheads have full contact with the chassis plate (easier on shims)

you might do best to get the conversion, as just the parts may be false economy. you can still reuse the front end parts, pivots, links. I don't know about the diff, you may need an offset diff depending on your choice of tire.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoyU
Its a converson kit using 12R5 parts: side links, front end, side and center springs, any 12th center shock, center pivot, bearings, etc. Also needed is a IRS axle kit.
Thank you sir. I know I got a 12r5 somewhere, now gotta look for it.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by avs
the onpoint pod plates are nice, not too heavy but sturdy, and the front bulkheads have full contact with the chassis plate (easier on shims)

you might do best to get the conversion, as just the parts may be false economy. you can still reuse the front end parts, pivots, links. I don't know about the diff, you may need an offset diff depending on your choice of tire.
I hear what your saying, false economy indeed. I wasn't sure if the AE axle could be used with the conversion kit (not a lot of info on the site). If not, the cost of buying the IRS axle really would add to the total.

Since I added the Slapmaster thrust kit to the AE diff, it has been really good, and I was hoping to re-use it. I am using Jaco, CRC, and some Contact pre-mounts.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:28 AM
avs
Tech Master

I hear what your saying, false economy indeed. I wasn't sure if the AE axle could be used with the conversion kit (not a lot of info on the site). If not, the cost of buying the IRS axle really would add to the total.

Since I added the Slapmaster thrust kit to the AE diff, it has been really good, and I was hoping to re-use it. I am using Jaco, CRC, and some Contact pre-mounts.
see post 21 of this thread, I linked Chicky's detailed list of bits required to complete.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/9766038-post21.html
Old 02-03-2014, 04:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default axle

While I use the IRS axle with a Slapmaster assembly, you will NOT have any problems using the AE axle; in fact I think the AE axle may be from IRS anyway. You will not have any problems with the AE/Slapmaster combo and the On-Point car.

Last edited by darnold; 02-03-2014 at 06:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.