Search

Zeppin Racing Digital Tweaker Scale Black

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Zeppin Racing Digital Tweaker Scale Black

http://zeppinracing.com/portfolio-vi...r-scale-black/

is this a good tool to purchase, so if the weight is not equal how to proceed.

Why 4 scales if they only use 3.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

I can't speak for the quality of the unit, but the principle is sound. There is a long thread somewhere on here about corner weighting a car. Basically, assuming the car has no physical tweak (bent chassis), you "tweak" the car by adjusting the pre-load on the springs until you get equal cross-weights (sum of FL+RR and sum of FR+RL). It's also a good way of measuring front/rear and left/right weight distribution.

I'm not sure why they are showing it with three scales. The idea is that the third scale is in the middle of the car so you can tweak each axle independently - but in all honestly, that is going to introduce more innaccuracies. I would always put the car on all four scales.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks, anyone know where may the above said thread?

beside that should it be done after pack because the tires will change and that should affect the readings.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have seen the system and it seemed nice but the 200g wight limit per scale is a little bit of a bummer as you could not use it on say an offroad truck but only onroad 10th and 12th scale cars. Plus it would not be very accurate unless you always have a perfectly level surface to work from as there is no provision for getting all 4 scales at the same level. I think I will stick with my tweak gauge for now that can be leveled on a untrue surface.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I believe its 500g per scale. Also I think you can use 4 scales if you were so inclined, 3 can also be used (heck I bet you could even just use 2!)

You would use it BEFORE you run to properly setup your car and make sure it is properly balanced.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by mkiiina
I believe its 500g per scale. Also I think you can use 4 scales if you were so inclined, 3 can also be used (heck I bet you could even just use 2!)

You would use it BEFORE you run to properly setup your car and make sure it is properly balanced.
i bought 4 of these on sale at Harbor Freight at 7.00 each and they work great. so far use them on my 1/12 and on my tc...

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-gr...ale-97920.html
Old 02-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

For some, it will be the convience of having all four weights on one screen. Just wondering if you can calibret each scale. As for a level surface, get a setup board with adjustable legs.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Personally, I see that as quite a bit of hardware to lug around. I suppose it's convenient to have all four readouts right in front of you, but I don't think it's that much of a pain to simply use 4 small scales. Although, the scales themselves are very small, the 5th piece of equipment would simply be in the way. I check my corner weights prior to every run. I think I would find that setup a bit annoying to move around and store. I use a quartet of AWS 1kg scales. Not as inexpensive as the harbor freight stuff, but they're nice... and small. (5" x 3")
http://www.kitchenscales.com/product...ks3nlvaogeekv2
Old 02-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

At least you can take off the covers to those scales. Can't remember where I read it probably on another thread concerning scales, is that you need make sure all the scales are caliberated and are exacting the same height.

Since I just race club level, I don't bother. I use a tweak station and two chassis balancing tools.

Left hander rc has a board with 4 scales and leveling screws and a level bubble.

Last edited by vabroom; 02-20-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I also bought 4 small scales off ebay. Too bad I found out I just wasted 40 dollar cause I can put it on my integy tweak board and level the surface but the scales are all at different height .
I think if you believe the manufacturer ,it is better to ask the manufacturer if the listed tolerance is for the system or just the scale itself.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bpalmer
i bought 4 of these on sale at Harbor Freight at 7.00 each and they work great. so far use them on my 1/12 and on my tc...

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-gr...ale-97920.html
I recently picked up 4 of these. They work great, and I've learned quite a bit.