Wiki Posts
Search

08 cen matrix c-1

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (98%+)
Default 08 cen matrix c-1

anyone seen this buggy ran? any info would be good, looking at getting one 1/8 scale, .26 motor stock, airtronics mx3 radio/gear... brand new $325.00
Old 05-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's a great buggy man. It actually now comes with the SH .28 that's in the truggy. It's a great motor, too. Holds a tune easily, and pretty fast. A lot of bottom end though hehe. It now comes with cross pin diffs too. It will fare very well for a racer and a basher. If you are looking at racing only, I recommend a kit. But like you said, the Matrix is a great car, and at a great price.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm in the process of making my new Matrix C-1 RTR race ready and legal. I got mine off the bay for $250 shipped (approved dealer, but sent direct from CEN). I was stunned at the auction closing price. I haven't been able to drive it yet, but it seems like a very nice quality buggy, especially when you consider the cost and the engine/radio gear it includes. I can't wait to get mine on the track!
Old 05-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (98%+)

ttt
Old 05-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The current CEN Matrix buggies are awesome. You get a lot of buggy for the money. I have two Matrix buggies. A RTR and an FRE. I can't wait for the Re-Matrix or Matrix II (whaterver they are going to call it) to come out. I want to see what changes have been made to an already good buggy.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

From my experience, the CENs seem to be a bit fragile. My buddies and I ran them for a bit. When they stay together they are great. But they tend to break to easy whether its steering parts or internal diff gears.....
Old 05-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bushyar15
From my experience, the CENs seem to be a bit fragile. My buddies and I ran them for a bit. When they stay together they are great. But they tend to break to easy whether its steering parts or internal diff gears.....
How long ago did you run the CEN? I have not seen any of these types of peoblems. CEN has made running changes along the way and have fixed any problems. The CEN is solid!

Colin
Old 05-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I've been running th CEN buggy for 3 years, and the truggy since they came out, I could probally count the number of broken parts between the two on one hand, I've seen some of the steerin parts break (never broken them myself), but they made a running change and the parts are now solid where they used to have a hole in them so they are much stronger now, but I've never even heard of internal diff gear failures till now?
Old 05-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default cen

I am sponsored by CEN and you diffently need the servo saver upper alum arm piece mine broke after 3 turns.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default diffs

The alum housing diffs wear from the small spider gears not having a washer but I believe the new plastic diff cases are spaced enough to use the washer behind the spider gear.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:47 AM
Tech Adept

Never broke a diff but have had problems with the plastic steering parts while using the aluminum upper servo saver piece. Found that if we tighten the servo saver more than 3mm (threads showing) it would break the plastic piece with a hard impact. Loosened it back up and now its good. The new plastic steering pieces are stronger since they are filed in. Andrew and Ken are constantly getting updates from the team drivers on things that need to be improved. The new Matrix II that is due in July/August is going to be Light and solid.