Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
afm, you are correct. Will have to wait for a bit for the .12 version though, it is not available yet.
No, the .12 engine is available for quite some time. I think almost over 3 months...
Old 12-29-2004, 05:06 PM
afm
Tech Master

Hmmm ... I tried ordering from the a few weeks ago and they said it wasn't available yet.

It was from this page ... ah well, now it looks that its available! Too late now, I've spent enough on engines, especially a few seconds ago!

Oh, and this was what I posted at 3Hobby back in November.

Been told that Ultimate Hobbies and Sheldon's in California have them in stock at $299.90. It doesnt show in their site, you must call, and BTW they are IFMAR/ROAR Std. version.

AFM
Old 12-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by afm
Been told that Ultimate Hobbies and Sheldon's in California have them in stock at $299.90. It doesnt show in their site, you must call, and BTW they are IFMAR/ROAR Std. version.

AFM
AFM, thanks for the info. Seems that we now have to race these IFMAR/EFRA specs for our National races which is why I've been hunting for new engines.

5-port outlaws, thankfully, can still be used for club races. Still, anyone wants a new 5-port OS 12 TR or 5-port NovaMax can pm me.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by daniz24
No, the .12 engine is available for quite some time. I think almost over 3 months...
Daniz, obviously one has to hunt around. I just checked again at this page and it now says not available again.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:18 PM
afm
Tech Master

AFM, thanks for the info. Seems that we now have to race these IFMAR/EFRA specs for our National races which is why I've been hunting for new engines.

5-port outlaws, thankfully, can still be used for club races. Still, anyone wants a new 5-port OS 12 TR or 5-port NovaMax can pm me.
Well be sure which rules, because IFMAR and EFRA are different. If you are sure it's EFRA rules you are playing with, you won't find these engines in the USA, you must search in Europe.
USA goes by ROAR rules which are similar to IFMAR.

If you wan't a Sirio or Collari EFRA, I bought mine in Spain at Modelcar (no web site) you can call Carlos Ducay at
(34) 627-416131, he'll gladly help you. Don't forget to use Sirio's own pipe, it's the best for these engines.

AFM
Old 12-30-2004, 02:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by afm
Sorry to give the bad news, but the engine you've bought is not a true Lamberto Collari engine. The engine you bought is an Innotech / Rossi engine. True Collari engines are Sirio based engines.
I think that the engine i bought is a a true collari innotech. For this reason. Those L. Collari engines have always been made by collari-innotech.

The fact that collari has now switched to sirio does not change that (for me at least).

Meaby, you may not call those Collari innotech engines, Collari anymore. Thats not even sure though. But that does not change the fact that these innotech engines are the exact product that collari has sold under their name for many years with the same high specifications and are at least for sale at very competative pricing at that shop.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by afm
Well be sure which rules, because IFMAR and EFRA are different. If you are sure it's EFRA rules you are playing with, you won't find these engines in the USA, you must search in Europe.
USA goes by ROAR rules which are similar to IFMAR.

What are the differences in engine technical specifications between IFMAR and EFRA?

I know ROAR pretty much allows any nitro content but eveything else is the same as IFMAR isn't it?

If you wan't a Sirio or Collari EFRA, I bought mine in Spain at Modelcar (no web site) you can call Carlos Ducay at
(34) 627-416131, he'll gladly help you. Don't forget to use Sirio's own pipe, it's the best for these engines.

AFM
Thanks for this info, appreciate it!
Old 12-30-2004, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jaugernaut
I think that the engine i bought is a a true collari innotech. For this reason. Those L. Collari engines have always been made by collari-innotech.

The fact that collari has now switched to sirio does not change that (for me at least).

Meaby, you may not call those Collari innotech engines, Collari anymore. Thats not even sure though. But that does not change the fact that these innotech engines are the exact product that collari has sold under their name for many years with the same high specifications and are at least for sale at very competative pricing at that shop.
You guys are both right, Collari has engines that they market as Collari Innotech previously and their latest, Sirio based engines are marketed by Werks Racing as Werks Collari or L. Collari engines.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:37 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by jaugernaut

Sorry to insist, but these new Innotech engines are Rossi based engines using Collari's name, and that is why there is a trial still going on.
When Lamberto Collari was at Innotech they worked over Picco based engines (I have one of those original Collari), so these new engines can't be the exact product that L.Collari made a couple of years back, and that is the issue. Picco based engines are totally different than Rossi based engines (not Novarossi).

Now, I'm not saying these Innotech engines are bad or anything alike, but they are not Collari designed and modified engines, and that is why Lamberto Collari is warning people about it.

AFM
Old 12-30-2004, 06:48 AM
afm
Tech Master

What are the differences in engine technical specifications between IFMAR and EFRA?

I know ROAR pretty much allows any nitro content but eveything else is the same as IFMAR isn't it?

Thanks for this info, appreciate it!
Main difference is in the crankshaft.
EFRA allows a max. of 7mm internal diameter passage and no chamfer at exit face and turbo scoop can't match with internal passage. Also carb venturi is restricted to 5.4mm.

IFMAR has no restriction over crank, it's open to any mod.
Carb restriction is 5.5mm

Fuel is limited to 16% Nitro contents , in both EFRA and IFMAR, and you are right, ROAR has no limit on Nitro contents, and engines go by IFMAR specs.

So all above been said, Sirio and Collari IFMAR/ROAR cranks have an 8mm center passage, hugh turbo scoop deeply blended into center passage, and 213º induction timing.

AFM
Old 12-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by afm
Main difference is in the crankshaft.
EFRA allows a max. of 7mm internal diameter passage and no chamfer at exit face and turbo scoop can't match with internal passage. Also carb venturi is restricted to 5.4mm.
I thought chamfer and exit face matching is OK if it "accomodates" manufacturing. Agree with the 7mm int. dia. though.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:06 AM
afm
Tech Master

I thought chamfer and exit face matching is OK if it "accomodates" manufacturing. Agree with the 7mm int. dia. though.
Exact quote from EFRA rules is:

"The crankshaft hole shall have a maximum diameter of 7.00mm at its end. The hole can be finished with a continuous unbroken chamfer with a maximum width of 0.50mm, if this is required for manufacturing purposes at the crank web end"
(Crankshaft drawing equal to one on page 141 for the 1/10 IC Track Class).

AFM
Old 12-30-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Sirio M. Collari

I used the old Sirio based Collari last race season and this thing is FAST!! The only complainent I had on this motor was the sirio carb...it didn't want to hold a tune. I wounder if this new Collari will interchage parts with the old.....I guess we're have to see. Dose anyone have a part listing??
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-picture-555.jpg  
Old 12-30-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Sirio M. Collari

Originally posted by PUNISHER
I used the old Sirio based Collari last race season and this thing is FAST!! The only complainent I had on this motor was the sirio carb...it didn't want to hold a tune. I wounder if this new Collari will interchage parts with the old.....I guess we're have to see. Dose anyone have a part listing??
Hey Punisher!! You know that you can use a Novarossi carb on a Sirio. I did that late last year with two Sirios that I picked up and the engines scream and hold a tune. I have one on a 5-port and 3-port. The Sirio Evo 2 that I have has the original carb that Sirio seems to have corrected the problems from the earlier design. But if I start have problems, I will be switching that one as well.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Novarossi carb on a Sirio

Yup,
That's what I have on there now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.