CLICK THE LINK
http://rugspingraphix.smugmug.com/Ho...144489_jFL3cct
Old 09-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anyone going to ger somme running in 2 morrow
Old 09-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Oh Yeah this weekend is the VP Powermaster Challenge!! Should be awesome!

There is a change in procedure for entering the Vail Lake Resort on event days at ARC Raceway. At any promoted event, not club racing or practice days, Vail Lake Resort will be collecting $5.00 per Automobile at the guardshack in order to enter the premises.

ARC Raceway has had it great for the last 3 years as the only ones with no vehicle entry costs. Vail Lake Resort typically charges Auto's $10.00 to $20.00 to enter the premises at all other events being held on the property, so we are still getting a huge break @ $5.00. We apologize for the inconvenience but it is completely out of our hands.

Last edited by ARC Raceway; 09-12-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

That sucks i will still be there though doing miner track changes still
Old 09-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Will it still be the same track for this weekend???
Old 09-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Yes
Old 09-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ARC Raceway
Oh Yeah this weekend is the VP Powermaster Challenge!! Should be awesome!

There is a change in procedure for entering the Vail Lake Resort on event days at ARC Raceway. At any promoted event, not club racing or practice days, Vail Lake Resort will be collecting $5.00 per Automobile at the guardshack in order to enter the premises.

ARC Raceway has had it great for the last 3 years as the only ones with no vehicle entry costs. Vail Lake Resort typically charges Auto's $10.00 to $20.00 to enter the premises at all other events being held on the property, so we are still getting a huge break @ $5.00. We apologize for the inconvenience but it is completely out of our hands.
So how about dropping the entry fees $5 to compensate?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

The entry fees are going to stay the same for now. The 5.00 fee is from Vail Lake not from ARC Raceway.

Honestly most racers carpool and 5 bucks divided is really cheap. If its too much, then all we can do is say sorry at this point.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Sunday Sunday Sunday........30 thoasand RPM's.....of Nitro Powered mayhem.........Dirt Slinging...High Flying 1/ 8 Scale Off Road racing........... Be there at ARC Raceway for the VP Powermaster Fuel Challenge

Something Like that...........braaaaaaap.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Hey Guys... As always, i had a blast racing at ARC this weekend. Good turning out! But i do have a few questions.

1) Is it necessary to have 15 drivers in any main? Is that not excessive? Is this like any IFMAR rule or something?

2) After a long day of racing, the track somewhat becomes blown out. There was one major hole on the track over by the double, before the straight. That was causing a lot of flips and hiccups for us less good drivers. Is it possible to ask the racers are there any parts of the track that needs attention before the main starts?

thanks for listening!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by teeforb
Hey Guys... As always, i had a blast racing at ARC this weekend. Good turning out! But i do have a few questions.

1) Is it necessary to have 15 drivers in any main? Is that not excessive? Is this like any IFMAR rule or something?

2) After a long day of racing, the track somewhat becomes blown out. There was one major hole on the track over by the double, before the straight. That was causing a lot of flips and hiccups for us less good drivers. Is it possible to ask the racers are there any parts of the track that needs attention before the main starts?

thanks for listening!
I too had a great time at ARC. Thanks to the ARC Crew as well as VP Fuel for stepping up and putting on this event. I also feel like 15 drivers is a bit much for ARC....it gets pretty crowded on the track. I was in the last main of the night and honestly I feel like the track held up great. I definitely understand where Teeforb is coming from, but you just have to adapt and change your line to avoid the holes. I just look at it as part of the "challenge" I guess. Anyways, great day, great racing.....I wish I had a little more for Mr. Drake in the buggy main, but it was fun chasing him for 20 minutes. Thanks Gary for all of your help and Awesome Pit Stops!

Last edited by revrace; 09-19-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Little more u finished on the same lap as him and semi close great run i would say and i agree on the track condition it was great any track blowz out i thought it held up fantastic. 15 cars in main is standard at all big races little hectic but works make for good fun at beg. Of any class even tthe pros were not playi.ng nice at the start but think makes the fast guys shine lime robert w. In expert who went tq to back of pack and fauvht back for the win nice run and thanks to dan and gary from arc
Old 09-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the words guys we appreciate it and do the best we can for yoy guys.

Answers:

15 car mains are the standard for most major events. ARC Raceway wants to give everyone a chance to make the main and duke it out for the finish. look at all other forms of motorsports racing, main events are maxxed out to give EVRYONE who qualified into the final a chance to win.

Also: Look at the history of ARC raceway and we have helped over 15 drivers become full flegded factory sponsored racers, that doesnt happen by providing an easy breezy this is so simple enviroment. Our racers get up to speed quick and aqquire the skills to go to any race at any track and be a threat! 15 car mains make it fair and give everyone a solid chance to get into the show.

The track just gets rough, I wish it would stay a little smoother but blown out tracks are just a part of Nitro off road racing.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Results from VP race?
Old 09-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Had a great time at the race yesturday. The track i believe held up well. There were some sections that were slightly blown out. That is the nature of it. Got to adapt as i didn't do a very good job. Anyway's, well done by all the racers and orginizers of the event.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.