Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I'v gotten fairly desperate for rear grip in my TC6 so in addition to the 1 degree rear toe insert I put an offset arm mount on the back of the rear arm. It looks like a lot of toe, does anybody know how much that really is?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KC10Chief
It's not there yet because you haven't drilled it! Sorry I'm so useless.
Ahhh he just needs to put some hair around it and the hole will be discovered!!

Originally Posted by YoDog
LOL!!
If you gotta ask...maybe power tools ain't your thing.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Motor and Speed Control?

Ok..I just recently purchased a TC6.x and was wondering what type of motor and speed control you all like that won't cost (together) roughly the price I paid for the car kit?

The track I plan to race on is here in Texas (Porter) called Mike's Hobby Shop

I am wanting to race a 17.5 T motor on asphalt.

I am sure this was answered on an earlier post but any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davinci7_gis
Ok..I just recently purchased a TC6.x and was wondering what type of motor and speed control you all like that won't cost (together) roughly the price I paid for the car kit?

I am sure this was answered on an earlier post but any help would be greatly appreciated!
I prefer Speed Passion, for the money they are great. Stick with the GT2.0 pro as it is pretty bullet proof and about $100 on the SP USA website.
They have new Revention stuff but I keep reading that people are having a little trouble with the software.
Their motors are pretty good but if you want to be more competitive, go for a D3 based motor a la Revtech and the like.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Get a Hobbywing Xerun 120a from Hobbypartz.com. but you have to get the program card at the same time or you'll regret it. 130 bucks for the whole kit, and you have a boosting ESC that will run blinky, on one or two cells.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
Ahhh he just needs to put some hair around it and the hole will be discovered!!

Gay. It's alright gentleman I got my answer from the manufacturer. For a minute there I was under the assumption that these forums were created to help people.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davinci7_gis

I was in the same boat. I got back into RC racing with a touring car! Not only that, but I got a car for my son as well. So, LOTS of money spent. To save money, I decided to get a cheaper ESC and motor and then upgrade later. My ESC is an 80A LT4 from Brushless Hobbies. They are in Oklahoma City. It's a fantastic speed control. Super easy to program and use. You don't need a programming card like you do with the Hobbywing. It's sensored and you can run boost too. Stan, the owner, is a super nice guy to talk to. Very quick with the replies to any questions I had. $63
http://www.brushlesshobbies.com/LT4-...mer_p_112.html

My motor is a 17.5T Turnigy Trackstar from Hobby King. This motor is great! I can't tell a difference between it and the expensive ones like Reedy, LRP, etc. It works great. $32.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_2270KV.html

So, for less than $100, you can have a great setup. I bought mine thinking that I'd just run it until I had another $300 to blow on a Tekin ESC and maybe an LRP motor. But I'm so impressed with my setup, that I'm just going to keep it. My car is fast. I'm always catching people on the straights when I can compare top speed. I won the A-main last weekend in 17.5 blinky against guys that were running the expensive stuff. Several people came to look at my car to see if I had my end bell turned up or something. The throttle is nice and smooth on the ESC and neither one of them get very hot. Even after a 20 minute run.

If you want a great inexpensive battery pack, get the Turnigy Nano-Tech from hobby king as well. I am using 5300mah packs. They now have 6600mah packs that are the same weight as the 5300! I think I paid $30 each for my packs. The 6600s are about $43 if I remember right.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
Gay. It's alright gentleman I got my answer from the manufacturer. For a minute there I was under the assumption that these forums were created to help people.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KC10Chief
I was in the same boat. I got back into RC racing with a touring car! Not only that, but I got a car for my son as well. So, LOTS of money spent. To save money, I decided to get a cheaper ESC and motor and then upgrade later. My ESC is an 80A LT4 from Brushless Hobbies. They are in Oklahoma City. It's a fantastic speed control. Super easy to program and use. You don't need a programming card like you do with the Hobbywing. It's sensored and you can run boost too. Stan, the owner, is a super nice guy to talk to. Very quick with the replies to any questions I had. $63
http://www.brushlesshobbies.com/LT4-...mer_p_112.html

My motor is a 17.5T Turnigy Trackstar from Hobby King. This motor is great! I can't tell a difference between it and the expensive ones like Reedy, LRP, etc. It works great. $32.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_2270KV.html

So, for less than $100, you can have a great setup. I bought mine thinking that I'd just run it until I had another $300 to blow on a Tekin ESC and maybe an LRP motor. But I'm so impressed with my setup, that I'm just going to keep it. My car is fast. I'm always catching people on the straights when I can compare top speed. I won the A-main last weekend in 17.5 blinky against guys that were running the expensive stuff. Several people came to look at my car to see if I had my end bell turned up or something. The throttle is nice and smooth on the ESC and neither one of them get very hot. Even after a 20 minute run.

If you want a great inexpensive battery pack, get the Turnigy Nano-Tech from hobby king as well. I am using 5300mah packs. They now have 6600mah packs that are the same weight as the 5300! I think I paid $30 each for my packs. The 6600s are about $43 if I remember right.

Good info.
I ran that speed control, its great and cheap. Its basically a rebadged hobbywing esc but for half the cost. Also since I run hobbywings xeruns 120 the brushless hobbies has better brakes at low speeds. You can also load the hobbywing software's and even use the tunner card!!! I run all nano techs but after switching to 4000-5300mah they are much lighter and same c. This dropped some noticeable temps in brushed motor in my case.

Kc10chief did you order your conversion yet?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
Good info.
I ran that speed control, its great and cheap. Its basically a rebadged hobbywing esc but for half the cost. Also since I run hobbywings xeruns 120 the brushless hobbies has better brakes at low speeds. You can also load the hobbywing software's and even use the tunner card!!! I run all nano techs but after switching to 4000-5300mah they are much lighter and same c. This dropped some noticeable temps in brushed motor in my case.

Kc10chief did you order your conversion yet?
Yes I did! I ordered the 6.2 Evo. Reflex sent me a message saying that there was some sort of problem with their last batch of carbon fiber or something and that they weren't going to ship for a while longer. No biggie. I'm already killin' it with my TC6.1. I love this thing! I never knew on road cars could be so addicting!

I love my ESC as well. I have quite a few runs on it now. Unfortunately, I can only go drive once a week since we only have a club here and not an actual dedicated track. We went out a church gym that has carpet in it. There's about a foot of snow in my street right now. It's not going anywhere until May.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default subaru bodies

Any know where I can buy a realistic looking subaru body that will fit my tc6.1?
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Resqnu
Any know where I can buy a realistic looking subaru body that will fit my tc6.1?
Two options for you are the RIDE Subaru and HPI/HotBodies Suburu
Old 12-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MDawson
Thanks. Are they 190mm? Do I need to make any mods to run them? Any place you recommend to purchase?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Resqnu
Thanks. Are they 190mm? Do I need to make any mods to run them? Any place you recommend to purchase?
They are both 190mm. No mod. Try speedtechrc.com
Old 12-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
I would say the tamiya bodies are the most realistic, and will fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.