Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA TRANS AM - "VINTAGE CLASS" TWEAKS AND SUGGESTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I vote no on a tread rule. I'm not truing and will not true them as that defeats the purpose of the "for fun" factor, but these tires work like crap until you get mold-release/rubber preservative wore off. I tried all kinds of stuff on them to get that off but found running them was the only way to break them in. But if we go to a tread rule, we might as well just run the slick tires rather than have another rule. Keep It Simple Stupid rule.

The 8 minute epic Ford vs Chevy battle with Dave was a blast to drive also! These tires really went thru phases during the 8 minute run, loose/hooked up-fast/slow-then back to loose/hooked.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Hey guys it looks like we got a few more choices for bodies.

Pegasus makes a 70 Camaro, 70 Cuda , and 70 Mustang fast back. The Camaro and Cuda are on backorder but the Mustang is availabe (TROY)...

http://search.horizonhobby.com/index...d=1179E6418231
Old 01-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

Come on guys...just remember its for the fun & what was already said just to bring other racers back into one class again & show off there driving skills. I agree to keep this simple..no on the tire tread rule...& vintage means vintge?...so they said the pan chassis was on the list...well then the pan cars should run the muscle body's & tires. Im not craken the pan car driver..I didnt have my car ready for the race...so kudos. Dave, Troy..nice run O yea..Just remember...13.5motors,HPI tires & rims,Vintge bodies,& whatever chassis.... Keep it simple,keep it fun
Old 01-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Its a fun class to run. I also spoke with others planning to enter this class in future races. I like the class the way it is, but wouldn't object to slowing it down some if it doesn't require another motor purchase. I really don't want to spend another 80 bucks for a motor. I would like to run my tires until the liner pokes through. I really don't want to put alot of effort into this class. Its to much fun to get serious about. Just my thoughts.

Dave
Old 01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

moved to proper thread.

Last edited by Nuclear Dave; 01-22-2008 at 02:27 PM. Reason: moved to proper thread.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Somebody already said it but I'll say it again- this was a fun class.Get people back into racing that includes pan cars in this class.But if you don't want them then you can count me out and probably Rocky.I'm tired of the BS, been doing this hobby for too many years-This was my LAST state race but not my last comments....................

Last edited by BullFrog; 01-22-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sorry, Don't want to cause a debate.

Last edited by Tim Kowal; 01-22-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default suggestions

Bill....I'm sorry to hear that you've elected not to continue the series. You might want to consider starting a new thread outlining exactly why so the reason's are clear and others don't have the same issues and leave. This is the thread for SUGGESTIONS to improve the vintage class.
Maybe inverted, or Leman's style starts. I agree, slow 'em down quite a bit. Troy and Dave put on a driving exhibition...in every heat.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

find one of those Dungeon and Dragon's nerds with the dice that has the same number of sides of the amount of cars you will ever run in a race. you could use this a few ways..

1) could be used to determine a number of cars to invert. (by one person rolling it or maybe 1st and last guy, meet in the middle)
2) each guy could roll the dice and that number is their starting order. If same number turns up roll again.

or get a regular six sided dice..
1) same thing as 1 above for invert
2) number of rows to line up cars in on grid
3) number of cars on each row

hrmm roll for number of turn marshals?? lol bad idea.
You guys could try a rolling start. Grid up, pace one lap and race director yells go, any jump puts you at the back of the field.

just some ideas.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Deleted

Last edited by BullFrog; 01-22-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Deleted, Sorry!

Last edited by Tim Kowal; 01-22-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Deleted

Last edited by BullFrog; 01-22-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Something to consider is to adapt the US Vintage Trans Am Association rules completely, and be done with it. One of the things you would get past is the pain and anguish of making up your own rules base and getting people all bent out of shape about it.

The biggest problem in U.S. road racing is that everyone runs different rules to suit their own personal tastes everywhere in the country. Run the rules they way everyone else will be running the class and just ENJOY racing in this awesome class.

You can't make everyone happy, but our formula is tested and successful. If outdoors isn't enough speed for you, run the 13.5 and 19T on 4-cells. Trust me, the slower the class is, the better it will be for everyone.

Just a simple suggestion. You guys seem to be over complicating the class and the basic idea for no reason. It will relieve a lot of your stress about figuring our your own rules for this class. Otherwise, 13.5/6-cells is just a stock rubber class with a different body.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Bill,

I do not get you, the two of us made suggestions about pan cars. I said I did not agree with them, THATS ALL. The class is a consortium of different racers coming up with suggestions. So, your going to quit a series that you have supported for over 25 years, because 2 people made comments against your view.

The points have been made for and against pan cars, it is what it is, and nowhere has it been said Pan cars were going to be dropped.

I am sorry to see you leave, you bring alot of experience to the series. I really hope Rocky continues on.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BullFrog
I believe I agreed with Troy about splitting up the class. Now before its gets started good the group is now deciding to kill it before it has a chance to get going.Oh I forgot it's only a Suggestion?
If you agree, why are you stating that the TC car guys are "KILLING" the pan cars? Again, trying to discuss anything with you is impossible, You "Hear", but you do not "Listen".

This back and forth discussion, does nothing to help promote the class, I will just "listen" from here on out. Thanks for all your help Bill!

Deleted previous posts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.