Community
Wiki Posts
Search

whats the fastest .12 i can put in my jammin crt.5

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the gearing on these little trucks evens out all of these motors.at the end of our straight 90 ft we are all going the same speed. With that being said you should buy what ever engine is on sale. if all out speed is your goal get the tz 18 . Dont forget the fastest on the straight is usally a handful and the slowest in the turns ,where races are won. i would never pay over 250 for a .12 because they are all disposable--just my opinion

joe
Old 05-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Dude the JLR Picco is the strongest .12 on the market today !!! no need to roill your eyes at me bud......... the dyno shows the JLR stomps all the other much more expensive motors....

And if you guys want the craziest .12 on the planet Adam at AB MOds is the guy to talk to... these other modders offer lots odf flash and a big name, but Adam is the only person to show dyno gains with a .12...no other modders have been able to do that !!!!!!! Hype is one thing, but cold hard dyno data is another... the AB JLR is the King of Kings when it comes to onroad .12's !!!! end of story !
Like i said, show me all the dyno results you want, they dont mean a damn thing on the track. Like I said, we dont race dynos.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
Like i said, show me all the dyno results you want, they dont mean a damn thing on the track. Like I said, we dont race dynos.

Not to argue with you you are right and you are also wrong. While I agree we dont race dynos, where a dyno reading is useful is comparing horsepower and torque from one engine to the other with no other factors such as gearing traction etc. to truely see which engine is capable of producing the most power and at what rpm. This info is useful in a couple ways.
1)If you just wanna flex your muscles saying you have the most powerful engine out there.
2)It works as a great tuning aid if you choose to change your gearing to optimize your power.

With that being said I agree with Maximo. The topic of this thread is what is the fastest/powerful engine(.12) I can put in my crt.5... To truely know this you would need dyno info.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes95_z28

dude if you seen a properly piped JLR run you would know its the king kong of .12's........ the JLR is not only fast on a dyno, its also ballistic on the track as well.........FYI Picco's are some of the most powerful engines in the world.... If your looking for big power pass over the Nova's and OS's and get a Picco........the JLR has killer bottom end and is easily the best suited .12 for a CRT .5......... People seem to think because an engine is fast on a dyno that somehow its not going to be fast on the track, thats a retarded way to look at things IMHO.......... if a motor makes big power on a dyno, its going to make big power on the ground as well..

AB Mods JLR .12 will beat any and every .12 you put against it, end of story !!!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

i have a os .12 tz p5 and its not that fast thats why im asking for somthing faster!

so maximo is the red dot .12 off road just as good?
Old 05-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

the eb mods o.s. tz is fast enough. I have one for sale if your interested
Old 05-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ktmusa
i have a os .12 tz p5 and its not that fast thats why im asking for somthing faster!

so maximo is the red dot .12 off road just as good?
the Offroad has insane bottom end, and will feel like an absolute monster.... one of my buddies tried running the motor for racing but found it was way to potent on the low end.... I myself have never tried it...
Old 05-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

thanks alot i know what motor im getting to run on a big 1/8 track because sometimes i have to race in the truggy class when theirs not a lot of crt.5's to make a class so i need all the power i can get and best fuel mileage i can get
Old 05-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

hey maximo you think that JLR off road red dot will have more topend than my os .12tz 5 port?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ktmusa
hey maximo you think that JLR off road red dot will have more topend than my os .12tz 5 port?

Well the real kicker here is tuned pipe selection........ finding the motor that will work the best with the available pipe/header combos will be the winner in the end... These little .12 engines are very pipe and setup sensitive, so in a CRT .5 we likely will never see any of these engines full potential... The only way to really have the real answer is to have someone with a dyno do some testing with some CRT .5 pipe/header combos on various engines........ IMHO you may be best to look to a bigger motor like a .18, as it will be able to make more power off its displacement and not be so reliant on the the tuned pipe.....
Old 05-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

there is only 2 pipes you can run the one it comes with and the JP5! but maybe i shuld have ask wich one it faster on the dyno and from the dyno specs wich do think would have more top end? and dose more RPM mean more top end?
Old 05-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well considering the jlr .12 can be bought for under $200 we can see whoch engine is the best...
Old 05-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've ran my modified JLR .12s on the stock CRT pipe and they perform very well. Very smooth transition with loads of top end.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

do you guys have any info or tips on setting up and or tunning the ofna picco red dot off road motor?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I myself have run my modified Picco 7port that came with the pro kit with the stock one piece pipe which measured to the same specs as the JP5 and it performed flawlessly with incredible throttle response and more top end than needed. I haven't tried the JRL but I can bet it will work great with the same pipe stock or modified.