Wiki Posts
Search

EFRA decision. 5 cells -1350gr

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 03:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAi
2008 Worlds will be driven with 6 cells, for sure.
Americans will never drive 5 or 4 cell.

EFRA has to follow 2008.
If this is so EFRA will have done somthing really smart

Maybe the speed will be a little slower on the big outdoor tracks, but so what. It will be the same for everyone, and with time the speed comes up again.
At witch cost? low vind motors and 5 chargers for one batterypack (like they did use i japan)
Old 11-23-2006, 04:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CAi

EFRA has to follow 2008.

American drivers going to the worlds will drive what IFMAR rules are.
They are racing for competition whatever it will be 4, 5 or 6 cell.

Ifmar still has to decide.

Japan has tried 4 cell racing and, what I read from it, it was not a succes.

What most Americans forget is that in Europe we drive on real big outdoor tracks, and thats were the prob's begin. On a tiny (indoor) track like ICC or Snowbirds ( compared to the huge outdoor tracks overhere ) we allmost have no prob's.

Before giving remarks that's it's stupid etc try it yourself and then come back with an statement, not just an biased opnion.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frans H
American drivers going to the worlds will drive what IFMAR rules are.
They are racing for competition whatever it will be 4, 5 or 6 cell.

Japan has tried 4 cell racing and, what I read from it, it was not a succes.

What most Americans forget is that in Europe we drive on real big outdoor tracks, and thats were the prob's begin. On a tiny (indoor) track like ICC or Snowbirds ( compared to the huge outdoor tracks overhere ) we allmost have no prob's.

Before giving remarks that's it's stupid etc try it yourself and then come back with an statement, not just an biased opnion.
A few of us have been running 4 cell mod for a few months and its pretty fast ,very close to the lap times with 6 cells
Old 11-23-2006, 06:49 AM
CAi
Tech Apprentice

I think they will vote for 6 cell. But who knows...
Old 11-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CAi

EFRA has to follow 2008.

That could soon be proved wrong!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pookat
That could soon be proved wrong!!!
I agree with that !

Going 4 cell ? ask the Japanies drivers and their sponsors first !!
Their replies will tell it all !!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

I think the "racing dad's" should stop here...

Definitely way to many assumptions, rumours and misinterpretations here which are taken as facts!

4-cell might be tough for brushed motors in regards of power & runtime, but it would have been fine with brushless. 5-cells might be a good compromise for everybody, but I'd have prefered seeing the change in all the classes. Definitly a nightmare having different number of cells for many classes now...

The guys that keep saying that brushed and/or brushless motors (manufactured according to current ROAR/EFRA/IFMAR rules) have no problems with 6 cells are definitely not telling the complete truth! Yes, on small carpet tracks there is definitely no issues for anyone since all the power can not be used, but on all outdoor tracks where the power can be used it was definitely A BIG ISSUE for everyone in modified. This is a fact and was the same for ALL MANUFACTURERS and all technologies.

The people to blame for this are the chinese... they made too good cells without notifiying anyone before...
The manufacturers (motors, speedos, cars) can not build products that can withstand the power/currents under ALL circumstances when running 6 cells in TC modified... Whoever does not admit that is simply lying!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Perhaps we should see how 5-cell works before discuss 4-cell?

John have some interesting thoughts here:

Originally Posted by HappyHippo
You can't just have one class i touring, not everyone like modified and wants to race somthing less serious
True. Serious is not important. Fun is!
But sometimes, often quite quick, 19t also gets serious. Andreas and Joel told me 19t was as, or even more serious than Mod at Snowbirds, when it comes to "motortuners" and how good the batteries have to be in order to be competitive. I belew "limited classes" are very important, but not for the "best boys" as they can use there knowledge and contacts to get superior equippment, and destroy the "equal & fun" part.

I think we will se a boost in 1:10 offroad racing and 1:12 and a major loss in touring cars, just look at the entrylist for DHI-cup not even 70 drivers in mod and over 120 in 19T
Maybe because there are to many classes in Touring? It might be so. I donīt know, but it just might.

And since 19T is the biggest class in some countrys we should elieinate that class and just race mod?
I realy donīt know. The first thing we need to sort out is why they drive 19t.
Is it to be able to win races, where competition is weaker? Or is it that Mod is to fast? Only 19t drivers can give a good answer.

just an example from Norway here are the sponsred drivers from "the dark side" they want race mod since there is more fun to race 19T with 6 celles and foamtires, and they say that if we go with 5 cells I'll only race 19T, and then how long will that class live as a normal class for average joe?
From "the dark side"? WoW
Who are they?
Old 11-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by burito
I think the "racing dad's" should stop here...
Oh, Sorry Reto. I was writing my answer while you wrote yours...
Old 11-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

The first thing we need to sort out is why they drive 19t.
Is it to be able to win races, where competition is weaker? Or is it that Mod is to fast? Only 19t drivers can give a good answer.
Different drivers will give you different answers but some feel that stock is too slow whilst others will say that mod is too fast for them and they cannot handle it. Essentially, the 19t is a nice speed to drive and race at whilst still having a car that they can control.

It is very competitive and drivers feel that they can get hold of the kit to be competitive and still enjoy themselves.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anders

Here in Norway pepole race 19T since it's cheaper? but also to mention that 19T races with foam tires here and that's a lot cheaper than rubber

The hole point is to have one normal class for the average joe and on class for those who like to race on a higher level

I think the problem layes on the equipment manufactors who can make a speedo/motor who cant handle batterys we use now, strange to see that one manufactors speedo runs much cooler with 5 cells and don't blow up like they usually do with 6 cell
Old 11-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mike Haswell
Different drivers will give you different answers but some feel that stock is too slow whilst others will say that mod is too fast for them and they cannot handle it. Essentially, the 19t is a nice speed to drive and race at whilst still having a car that they can control.

It is very competitive and drivers feel that they can get hold of the kit to be competitive and still enjoy themselves.
So the new 5-cell, or even 4-cell would work for everybody then?
Old 11-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree with that !

Going 4 cell ? ask the Japanies drivers and their sponsors first !!
Their replies will tell it all !!
I will be doing just that on Monday.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Got real quiet in here now that there is the ROAR 4-cell touring car thread to beat on.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Got real quiet in here now that there is the ROAR 4-cell touring car thread to beat on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.