Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Hitec coreless servo >

Hitec coreless servo

Hitec coreless servo

Old 11-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default Hitec coreless servo

Hi, i am new on coreless digital servo. May I know what the different between coreless digital and digital servo? I do owned few digital servo and I can hear clicking sound when i try to put some load on it but this coreless servo the clicking look noisy then my digital servo, is that normal for a coreless servo act like this?? Thanks.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Prophet

i have a diginal futaba servo thats cordless the diffrence i notice is they are smoother and a bit faster maybe and center pretty good ,my doesnt make a clinking sound it just buzzes
Old 11-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i have a diginal futaba servo thats cordless the diffrence i notice is they are smoother and a bit faster maybe and center pretty good ,my doesnt make a clinking sound it just buzzes
Man theres that cordless servo again. I gotta get me one of these.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

opppp!!!! I should said buzzes sound Ok, is this buzzes sound keep buzz is normal? I feel it keep buzz then a digital servo....

Originally Posted by Frank L
Man theres that cordless servo again. I gotta get me one of these.
Better then normal digital servo? How was the power comsuption between cordless and normal digital?
Old 11-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tkhoo
Better then normal digital servo? How was the power comsuption between cordless and normal digital?
You guys are cracking me up... I cant take it anymore... Its coreless not cordless. And I have no idea what the hell the difference is. I run the hitec 7950 & 7940 on a 2s lipo and they seem to last about 1 hour to 1:30.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Prophet

its a cordless motor in the servo thats what futaba says aleast
as for the buzzing noise its normal but it should stop after 1sec or so but its fine , as for power compusion it doesnt seem to bad actually maybe cause it has a cordless motor it has less residence
Old 11-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

You guys are cracking me up... I cant take it anymore... Its coreless not cordless. And I have no idea what the hell the difference is. I run the hitec 7950 & 7940 on a 2s lipo and they seem to last about 1 hour to 1:30.
Hahahaha.....Hitec show coreless.

its a cordless motor in the servo thats what futaba says aleast
as for the buzzing noise its normal but it should stop after 1sec or so but its fine , as for power compusion it doesnt seem to bad actually maybe cause it has a cordless motor it has less residence
my is keep buzz, i put it on throttle and maybe the resistance that keep pushing the carb close that casue keep buzzing, what you think?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Prophet

do u have a small gap on the throttle linkage where the collar is at
my does it when im at netual but soon as i push the trottle spring back it stops i just have to take a other coil off then it shuld stop
Old 11-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Coreless refers to the rotor or winding type. The rotor in non-coreless uses copper or steel whereas a coreless (or ironless) motor can use aluminum or lighter mass material. Coreless motors are faster and more efficient (from less friction or cogging) but draw more power and run hotter.

I had to look this up.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Take a 27t stock motor, look inside. See how the windings are attached to a steel armature made up of stacked steel plates called a lamination stack.

Coreless motors don't have that. They use a basket weave of wire that deosn't need support the way standard winds do. So they are lighter and have less rotational inertia giving them faster response.

At least thats what it looked like to me on the motors I've seen. (not servos though)

Just stick to Hitecs 7955, 7950, 7940 and you don't have to think about these things anymore.

You could call a brushless servo motor cordless. It has no cords or bushes contacting its rotor........

Ready dis to exorcise ye brain:
http://www.electricmotors.machinedes.../bdeee3_2.aspx
Old 11-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 11-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

do u have a small gap on the throttle linkage where the collar is at
my does it when im at netual but soon as i push the trottle spring back it stops i just have to take a other coil off then it shuld stop
you mean collar is the one at the front on the linkage where servo horn push it to make the carb open? If yes, then I do not set it a little gap. Also i think when my throttle in neutral position the throttle return spring give the servo a load and the servo keep buzz is because it keep looking for center?

by the way, if a servo is looking for center and we prevent it to center like on throttle do it able to kill the servo?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Prophet

the servo should center when u let of the throttle ,not sure if you dont let it center when your throttle it will kill it but u do what a gap inbeween the collar and the spring.your spring might be to stiff i wouldcheck that that will put a load on the servo
Old 11-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

the servo should center when u let of the throttle ,not sure if you dont let it center when your throttle it will kill it but u do what a gap inbeween the collar and the spring.your spring might be to stiff i wouldcheck that that will put a load on the servo
Ok....I wll try to make the servo as less load as I can. I might try to cut off some of the spring. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Prophet

one spring at a time though and test it out everytime not to much cause itwill be too soft

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.