Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Old 08-15-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfish
Which of those Bolink bodies would be okay in VTA? I'd love the 'vettes or the charger.
Under strict USVTA rules neither of the bodies are legal but if your local track is cool with it you can ask to run them in the Vintage class. At my local track the track that held the USVTA nats I run the '67 Vette from Bolink painted in the Yenko driven Sunray Chevy colors in normal club racing and its cool to see some other Vintage race cars out there that are not true TRANS AM cars. If I can get a picture up I will post it of that body.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There is one Vette in the historic pictures. I dont know if its a differrent class, or what. Just like the Alfa Romeos and the old Datsun Skylines. It would be nice if VTA was big enough that you could see the differrent classes portrayed. Not just the one group.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

where are the photos ?
Old 08-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The Corvettes and Porsches came around in the mid 70s--after the heyday of the series. Those cars were not really 2-door "sedans" or ponycars, and they sidestepped the original SCCA rules a lot. A Corvette or a 911 were never and will never be in the same class of cars as the Mustang, Camaro and Barracuda.

The legal bodies are the ones listed on the USVTA site, and until HPI, Protoform or someone else comes up with one of the ponycars from the era the rest of the bodies are from, the list is what it is...
Old 08-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

As far as the Official USVTA is concerned, I think the bodies that are out do a good job of portraying what was running. We could still use a Javelin, and some more year models on the Camaros, Cudas, Stangs. I dont know who it was that made thier own 69 Firebird but HPI should follow with a shell that looks like that or at least a nose cone with a sticker sheet, so you could make one from a Camaro.

But I think the legal list of shells is pretty complete. If you want to run the old Datsun shells or the Alfa romeo then I guess we could have a USVTA-GTU race. Is that how you would say that?
Old 08-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
As far as the Official USVTA is concerned, I think the bodies that are out do a good job of portraying what was running. We could still use a Javelin, and some more year models on the Camaros, Cudas, Stangs. I dont know who it was that made thier own 69 Firebird but HPI should follow with a shell that looks like that or at least a nose cone with a sticker sheet, so you could make one from a Camaro.

But I think the legal list of shells is pretty complete. If you want to run the old Datsun shells or the Alfa romeo then I guess we could have a USVTA-GTU race. Is that how you would say that?
careful your just a racer putting your money out to race this class. your say means nothing
Old 08-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

This looks erily like our local races. I even want to go pick them up and get the spacing right. Or turn it onto its side while I wait for the race to start.

Monkey Im OK with the Official guys right now. Locally we might not enforce every detail, but we know the law, should we want to run at an official event. I can live with that and locally we are having a blast. At least I am.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

This looks erily like our local races. I even want to go pick them up and get the spacing right. Or turn it onto its side while I wait for the race to start.

Monkey Im OK with the Official guys right now. Locally we might not enforce every detail, but we know the law, should we want to run at an official event. I can live with that and locally we are having a blast. At least I am.
Nah cant be our races...i dont see my car represented right.....upside down or at least crashed in the wall lol.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Maybe so but it looks like Chad has the pole.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe so but it looks like Chad has the pole.
yeah but last time i seen his car it had blue strips. But i do think that 1 and that black and gold #13 camaro the girl drove (camile i think her name was) are the 2 best ive seen so far. 1:1 wise.

I have a good suspicion we will see a javelin soon from HPI
Old 08-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah but there are two and Im not sure which one I like better. (Javelins)
Old 08-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

lol i dont have enough AMC knowledge to know the difference at this point. Id love to see some pontiacs tho.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
lol i dont have enough AMC knowledge to know the difference at this point. Id love to see some pontiacs tho.
There is one WITHOUT a hood scoop, '70 I believe and there is one WITH a hood scoop, '71

Personally, i like the one without the scoop better
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-_mtr4097.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-_mtr4064.jpg  
Old 08-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
There is one WITHOUT a hood scoop, '70 I believe and there is one WITH a hood scoop, '71

Personally, i like the one without the scoop better
yeah i like the more squared off look the 1 with the scoop has also. Personal preference but to me it does look nicer. I see 1 of these randomly driving around here (not painted the same of course).
Old 08-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

They are both neat. It would be great if they could just mold the scoop as a separate piece.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.