Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 8ight building and setup >

Losi 8ight building and setup

Losi 8ight building and setup

Old 02-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking Hey guys

Hey guys I have a relly quick question. Ok when I go to adjust the droop on my 8ight when do I need to like what signs will I see when I am racing that I need to adjust it. Also to put more droop in you tighten the screw right, and to take droop out you loosen it. Also for the back droop do I just want to have it with no droop and what about the front, this is to like start out with then I can go from there. Ok maybe it was a few quick question . Thanks again this website is awesome you guys are always there if I am asking a question.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mremtr
If your wasting throttle servos you must have something a miss . I have never lost a throttle servo , they wear out before they ever break! Your linkage and endpoint set-up is EVERYTHING ! be sure to check to see if your radio isn't messing up and over throwing at random ! I have had this issue before when running a Futaba radio ,I now run KO Propo ,much better.
Yeh, I checked everything 4 or 5 times and I understand the end-point thing. I am just kind of pissed off. This was the first throttle servo I burned up after only 8 tanks and I thought I had everything right. I spent alot of time setting it up to what I thought was correct. Oh well 1 more try. I am sure everyone is sick hearing about this throttle servo thing. I guess just user error. Sorry to vent.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustinWZP
Rich-
Those look perfect!! I'm ordering mine asap....I'll let him know you sent me.

That's the Mugen box....right?

I've been using the Team Magic box but I think I might switch over to the Mugen.

How do you have your box set up? I think I see some grinding work near the wheel. Did those two different pegs come with the box or are you using something aftermarket? Batteries?

I'm currently using the X5 with two Venom 4600s and it works well but I'm having durability issues with the wheel and one of the belts.

THANKS!!
Get the Mugen box, its the only one to get! Box is all stock and I have a Lipo in it Gotta run but will post some pics of it later.

kyracer, no copying my paint scheme Chromepickle painted my body and he's awesome!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking Josh

Droop is the down travel your suspension will have beyond ride height. When you lift the car from ride height it is the total throw until the wheels come off the ground.
Less droop will help in high bite situations. More droop will increase traction and will help on hard landing areas.
You should have a little less droop in the front than in the rear. Do not dial it all the way out.
If you need a little more steering going into (slowing down into) a turn then add a little rear droop. It will help the car transfer to the nose where you need the traction.
If you have too much droop you can high center and traction roll. Too little and you will bounce all over the place.

Hope this helps some.
TEX
Old 02-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know some will laugh but I run a jr 590 high torque (wrapped in heat tape) on throttle/br on my eight and it works awsome. Its setup just like the pics on page 42 or whatever page and epa is set correct and Ive been through half a gallon without a glitch. I really dont see the need for a digital on the thr/br, i guess its just a preference thing but I think the digitals on throttle are more reluctant to blow because of their constant load and how precise the linkage/epa etc has to be. Everyone I race with says there is no need for digital on thr/brk but I know some on here will disagree. the 590 works perfect on thr/brk, and its cheap, just my two cents.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

J/K
Old 02-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know some will laugh but I run a jr 590 high torque (wrapped in heat tape) on throttle/br on my eight and it works awsome. Its setup just like the pics on page 42 or whatever page and epa is set correct and Ive been through half a gallon without a glitch. I really dont see the need for a digital on the thr/br, i guess its just a preference thing but I think the digitals on throttle are more reluctant to blow because of their constant load and how precise the linkage/epa etc has to be. Everyone I race with says there is no need for digital on thr/brk but I know some on here will disagree. the 590 works perfect on thr/brk, and its cheap, just my two cents.
That makes two of us!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

I'm using a hi-tech 925MG on throttle, 5 gallons no issues.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

New Lid:

Old 02-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by weezer23
I run a z590 also in throttle and it works great. It is good and it is pretty cheap so if it breaks I am not out $115.00 plus I have like 6 extra from my lst2 so I am good
Old 02-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by tex1
Droop is the down travel your suspension will have beyond ride height. When you lift the car from ride height it is the total throw until the wheels come off the ground.
Less droop will help in high bite situations. More droop will increase traction and will help on hard landing areas.
You should have a little less droop in the front than in the rear. Do not dial it all the way out.
If you need a little more steering going into (slowing down into) a turn then add a little rear droop. It will help the car transfer to the nose where you need the traction.
If you have too much droop you can high center and traction roll. Too little and you will bounce all over the place.

Hope this helps some.
TEX
Thanks TEX1 very much I really appriciate it alot. Now I have one more question for anybody on here when do I know I need to adjust swaybar front a rear like what simptoms will I see. Thanks guys for all your help I really appriciate it.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking ok

Ok I have one more question about the droop I set my front droop at about where you can see 2 threads of the screw and my rear with about 3 1/2 threads. Now the rear tires on the car are supposed to be lower than the front right.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Any of you guys know where I can find one of those Mugen 1/8 scale off road boxes in stock? I've been searching EVERYWHERE.

I just shreaded a belt on my TM X5 and I need a backup ASAP
Old 02-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking Hey guys

Hey guys I asked some new questions above like, when do I know when I need ot adjust my swaybar, what I am trying to say is like what simptoms will I see and what do I need to adjust front or rear like what track conditions will i see it in. And I have a nother question how to I adjust antisquat. Thanks you guys again.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

thats a sharp looking buggy. I just installed the new alumunim front steering knuckles. they are nice. you can see a picture of them on our online store.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.