Tamiya F103 Forum

Like Tree9Likes

Tamiya F103 Forum

Old 10-25-2001, 03:30 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ha, okok...

but it would be pretty special in the race having a Bentley ...
Old 10-25-2001, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

So the Bentley body is the red/white Toyota body?????

Anybody ever race with or been associated with the "FORCE"(formula one radio controllled enthusiasts) group in Cali.....are they still around????That acronym worked out great didnt it!!!!It would be great if there were a big F-1 movement nationwide, a "FORCE" if you will, and F-1 racing would blow up!!!!I know Tamiya has there races, but it is only Tamiya cars.I have raced in some of their races in Texas and Oklahoma and they are alot of fun, but having a Kyosho,Tamiya,Cross,HPI and maybe some scratch built F-1's racing together would just be toooo kewl!!!!!
Old 10-25-2001, 04:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Well, that would not be a bad idea. Food for thought: We have a very divers group of people from all across the world on this thread. Maybe we should think about forming an impromptu club in order to promote the world of F-1 R/C racing? I know that people at my track were hooked once they saw how cool the F-1 cars are racing around...
what do you think?
Old 10-25-2001, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

That is exactly why I started Formula 1 RC (http://www.formula1-rc.com). I wanted to expand on Richard Hing's work that he did with Formula R/C Activ. I wanted to create the best source of information for R/C F1 racing and foster a commuinty of F1 R/C drivers to share information etc.

If you notice on the site it states that we need everyone's participation and support in the sport. Everyone visits the site, but only a few care to contribute. We average over 200 user session per day from all over the world. That's 200 people that are interested in F1 R/C racing that visit the site every day

If you guys are serious about making F1 more successful then contribute to the websites. It's great that everyone participates in the forums but their are a lot of people out there that don't look at these (count the number of active people in this thread....there aren't that many are there?).

There could be people visiting Formula 1 RC from your own town interested in getting into F1 racing but they aren't aware of you guys. That's one of the things that keeps people out of the F1 scene...they don't know about it or available races.

Let me know what you guys think. There are lots of ideas for stuff to put on the website.....forums....online F1 parts store....club listinges...etc.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

I probably have "more" fun and spend "less" money on my F-1 car than any other type of racing i do.

I think the "FORCE" name is cool, if its not being used right now.

The Tamiya races i attended were pretty popular..then it just died in this area.....I think Tamiya having only 2 tire compounds is one of the best things you can do for racing...if you race sedans you know what i'm talking about..the truly mind boggling variety of tires and inserts is crazy.Also...i like the Big Johnson motors...they are plenty fast for F-1 cars..at the extreme..maybe run street spec motors...something a little faster or the 5 degree.Spec brushes maybe...just keep the racng fun, where youre not spending time tweaking motors, i know people tweak Big J's but..theres only so much you can do.....sorry..just thinking out loud.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:14 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Yup, I'm 1/200 that goes to Formula1-rc.com everyday.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Thenige...i already had your site book marked..if i come up with anything i'll send it to you.It would be nice if we could get all tracks that have a F-1 program to post there so peeps would know where to race.I know TARMAC does some F-1 racing, and they have a nice track...never been there, but sweet pics.

Anymore word on a F104??????
Old 10-25-2001, 05:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Then lets get some participation from you TRF...let us know what you want to see on the site....let us know about the racing scene in Toronto....send us pics of your cars...write an article about something or send in some tips or tricks.

if each one of you wrote a 4 paragraph article we'd have so much content on the site it wouldn't be funny....
Old 10-25-2001, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would forget about the F104 until the next hobby show at least. There is some promise of a renewed interest of F1 in Japan with Sato racing for Jordan next year.....hopefully this will allow Tamiya to introduce a new chassis successfully....or at least give us a new Jordan body kit. I'm all for pushing the Cross F1. Don't let them die too....make them profitable so they keep innovating for us.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Here is an idea i've been tossing around.....I'm sure almost every big town has a sports car club(SCCA) what if we introduced R /C racing to them...They are after all racers...get permission to set up a track at their next event....theyve got tons of space....doesnt have to be huge...bring some cars for them to run and see what happens...i'm sure R/C racing would be a great way to fill some time..and the investment would be nothing compared to what they spend..also...theyve got "kids" who maybe cant drive yet, and this would keep them busy while dads wrenching...plus...since what a R/C car experiences translates to full size cars...camber caster etc. they would be getting a mini education in car dynamics. ...thoughts....
Old 10-25-2001, 05:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Indeed, I think that we should have a registry on the F-1 R/C site that has every track and a description of the F-1 racing at that track. Unfortunately, my main loacl track will not be running F-1's inddors this winter, due to size limitations of the track. However, they will be running these outdoors in the spring.

There is also another track in my area (well, an hour and a half away) that runs F-103 chassis with GT1 bodies. They hosted a TCS race a few months ago and had a dozen or so F-1's. I will see what I can do about getting some pictures and writing something up in the next month or so as soon as I get the go-ahead from F-1RC.com.

Jody
Old 10-25-2001, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Odie....send what ever you can....it doesn't have to be much. I'll start working on the Track Directory soon. I'm about half done coding the Forum as well.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

http://newweb.wt.net/~tajorge/images/ruf/usgp01/892.jpg
http://newweb.wt.net/~tajorge/images/ruf/usgp01/870.jpg
http://newweb.wt.net/~tajorge/images/ruf/usgp01/869.jpg
http://newweb.wt.net/~tajorge/images/ruf/usgp01/868.jpg

A friend of mine went to the Indy F-1 and they had some vintage cars there.Check these out!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2001, 06:32 PM
TFR
Tech Master

In my area, there is no Leman race except when TCS comes, then there will be Leman class, So far I haven't even seen a F1 at the track before.
It just me and my friends practicing around with F1 cars.

Ok, i will try to get a picture of my car, and maybe you could put it on the reader's ride??

I think so far your site is fabulous...
what you could add is maybe a forum??
well, rc tech is enough

OH ya, since I just saw the Bentley car, maybe you could ask Les?? to write up an article step by step to make the Bentley alike??
Old 10-25-2001, 06:33 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Opps, just saw that you are working on the forum already...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.