Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

They arn't for the tub chassis they are for the IRS flat plate graphite chassis.
Old 01-29-2002, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default delrin outdrives?

Can anyone tell me where to get delrin outdrives for the TC3? I'm on a quest to make my drivetrain as light as possible.
Old 01-29-2002, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rcruv
Anybody have used or using Take off cs tires and Yokomo tires?
Are they good?

What are the equivalant tires of Sorex 32R and 36R?
I have TakeOffs, Sorex, and Yokomos. Depending on the track, all these tires should be in your toolbox What is nice aboout the TakeOffs is that they come with an isert for the same price as other tires.

Since this is the cold season in SoCal, the TakeOffs 27 and 22 are working very well for me. They are probaly the equivaliant of the Sorex 32 and lower numbers. Regarding the Yoks, I have Sprints and 138g. I have not tried the new ones. The 138g work great outside. I have used them at Ultimate and Covina.

My favorite tire right now is TakeOff and Sorex. The Sorex are lasting 4ever.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2002, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by marvi
anyone tried the IRS stiffening kit for TC3? it looks like a couple of carbon fiber strips that install on the sides of the stock TC3 chassis. do they hold up well in a crash? are they necessary, since i still have the stock chassis, not the molded graphite one? thanks for any info
I have them and they worked great and inproved the handling of my already great handling car. its a MUST if you have the IRS chassis (like i do). I think they would be worthless on the stock chassis, but i think that you still can use them on it. Hope this helps
Old 01-29-2002, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

wolfeman09 > Does that mean TakeOff, Yokomo tires are softer compound than Sorex?

Is Proline H13 any good?

I want to give TakeOff or Yokomo try to feel the difference.

Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 01-29-2002, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

If available you might also think about the new Pitshimizu tires. The tire has been redesigned and with the new contour work better than the old tire. You will most likely want the 27's with a Yok firm or equivalent insert. Sorex is a very good tire, but I think the pitz work better longer.
Just my two cents worth.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: delrin outdrives?

Originally posted by Cosmo
Can anyone tell me where to get delrin outdrives for the TC3? I'm on a quest to make my drivetrain as light as possible.
I used previously to the release of plastic diffs the GM Delrin outdrives and switched to the plastic diffs at almost lightspeed. The delrin outdrives flexes a lot more than the plastic and binds the transmision.

If you want to avoid problems, stick with plastic diffs.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Is Proline H13 any good?
For me are very good I use normally as like the S3 compound. Some people blames that don't last so much time, they aren't belted, bla, bla, bla....

This is my idea: if a tyre grips a lot, it should wear a lot. I'm very happy with the H13 and S3 compounds. Give them a try.

P.D: Maybe I've read it somewhere on setup sheets, ProLine is making some new prototypes of tyres belted (at last...). Does anyone know something about this?
Old 01-29-2002, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the tips guys.

I'll try take offs, yokomos, and pit shimizu.
I found that stormer sells pit shimizu.
I guess 30 or 36 works fine here in So Cal.

Is ABS rims better than nylons?
I really don't like the idea of soft nylon rims.

I thought about carbon fiber rims though they might be too heavier.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: delrin outdrives?

Originally posted by Corse-R

I used previously to the release of plastic diffs the GM Delrin outdrives and switched to the plastic diffs at almost lightspeed. The delrin outdrives flexes a lot more than the plastic and binds the transmision.

If you want to avoid problems, stick with plastic diffs.
if u want to avoid problems, stay away from GPM products
Old 01-29-2002, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I can't remember names to be able to answer people so I'll do it by subject.

ONE WAYS. The Fastrax, apart from being 1/3rd of the price, as someone said, is also beefier, so it should last longer. The standard AE one breaks outdrives like I eat breakfasts.We simply don't use them any more. If you have tracks where you need hard application of brakes, then you need full 4wd anyway.

GEARING. I agree with all that has been said. Certainly 9 to 1 will pull a truck, even with a low wind motor. Incidentally, we have a huge track, by standards, yet we still get the best lap times/duration with 12 turn motors, geared 70/30. The 10s and 9s are ballistic down the straight, but just don't give 5.30 minutes, even with 3000 cells, so you have to gear them down so much, you might as well use more winds.

TYRES. The most popular tyre here is the Pits. I have run Take Offs with good results, and their standard moulded insert actually works well. They last well too. Yokomo 138 grips like crazy but doesn't last - unfortunately. Yesterday I received a consignment of stuff from Orion, including a few sets of their new EUROS tyres. I tried some and they work very well too. We'll see how they last. But generally here people always fall back on Pits. They seem most consistant.

PRO LCS. Among the stuff received from Orion were a couple of Pro LCS timing devices....for sale of course. I tried one yesterday evening. It's pretty handy. It gives you all the information the AMB system does, each lap, fastest lap, race average, number of laps in 5 minutes, etc. A great piece of kit, which I recommend to any serious racer.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-30-2002, 09:32 AM
Tech Rookie

I Know where to download TC3 Tuning Guide if anyone's interested
Old 01-30-2002, 10:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the tips guys.

I'll try take offs, yokomos, and pit shimizu.
I found that stormer sells pit shimizu.
I guess 30 or 36 works fine here in So Cal.

Is ABS rims better than nylons?
I really don't like the idea of soft nylon rims.

I thought about carbon fiber rims though they might be too heavier.
i'd rather have my rims flex than crack. i've had better luck w/ nylon rims than the abs rims.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pirating the TC3 Tuning Guide....

Nice....
Old 01-30-2002, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

wolfeman09 > Does that mean TakeOff, Yokomo tires are softer compound than Sorex?

Is Proline H13 any good?

I want to give TakeOff or Yokomo try to feel the difference.

Thanks for the advice guys.
Dont try the H13's, in my opion they SUCK. I bought a pair and never use them. Stick with TakeOff, Yokomo, and Sorex. Regarding the softness, i have no idea, anyone?

TP > Where are you racing this weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.