Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Hey Ryan - how will consumers know when the new shock bottoms hit the market? Will they be a new part number, indicated with an asterisk, or??? While I did manage to get mine one, I don't really care to have plier marks all over them.

Also, wondering if you had a chance to review one of my earlier comment/question...

on step B-13 & B-14 is LOS6262 supposed to be 8-32 x 1/2" instead of 8-32 x 1/4" as the manual indicates? The manual and the description in Fast Serve do not match nor does the 1:1 image. It's sort of difficult for our new customers trying to build this truck when they suspect that HW is missing or wrong.

And just on a side note, is there going to be any type of manual addendum to correct the mistakes? Thank goodness for Gary's pics up on FB. This manual needs some TLC. Same with the exploded view insert. It shows only three hub spacers while the manual shows 4.
I will post on here when we get them. Should be end of this week, beginning of next. I understand plier marks are not pretty.

We are currently working on updating the exploded view, although the 3 vs. 4 shims I did not catch. We have a new database on screw sizing built so that all manuals for kits are correct going forward. I missed the 1/4 vs 1/2 on that sizing notation so that is my fault.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ryan, been meaning to post something for a couple of weeks now on the 2.0. First off, congrats to TLR & Dakota for the win at the Cactus Classic. I built my truck a couple of weeks ago and was so impressed with the fit and finish of all the components, everything went together perfect and with no binding at all. Great job !!

I got a chance to get out last week and race it with the kit setup and only changed the shock pistons to 55/2 in front and 55/2 drilled to 1.6 in the rear.
The truck was balanced perfectly, jumped well and had crazy on and off power steering. I was able to win the Pro4 class first time out.

Once again, great job on this TLR product.

All the best...
Old 03-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Buster661
Ryan, been meaning to post something for a couple of weeks now on the 2.0. First off, congrats to TLR & Dakota for the win at the Cactus Classic. I built my truck a couple of weeks ago and was so impressed with the fit and finish of all the components, everything went together perfect and with no binding at all. Great job !!

I got a chance to get out last week and race it with the kit setup and only changed the shock pistons to 55/2 in front and 55/2 drilled to 1.6 in the rear.
The truck was balanced perfectly, jumped well and had crazy on and off power steering. I was able to win the Pro4 class first time out.

Once again, great job on this TLR product.

All the best...
Glad to hear you had fun. Do you mean you made 2 hole 1.6? instead of 1.3? If so what oil did you use with those?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Yeah , was trying to be funny/sarcastic I am sure you didn't do anything wrong , those 1/16 head screws are crap , were crap when the SCTE was released and are still crap IMO . I found a substitute a long time ago with the HPI Z449 2.5x10mm screws that use a 2mm hex head . Why TLR cant source them from the same people HPI gets them from is a mystery too me .
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...d-Hex-Screw-10

This is the one nagging problem left with the SCTE2.0 IMO(now that the diffs are fixed) , otherwise its a very nice rig .

LOL , forgot to put in the emoticon
Sorry thanks missed the sarcasm...lol
after the 1.0 shitty screw issue you would think someone would be all over that....
Again im 100% thrilled with the kit.
just a couple screws and i had and have spares for the rest of the build.
I have been thru PRE horizon Losi builds that had XXX4 with XXXS chassis in the box. 1/2 in too short...
Losi XXT with crappy pin tires that were missing half the pins.

XXXT that came with XXT bodies that were too short.
always seemed to be something every time.
At least these are little problems. that were oversights.
the others were more like
"we know its wrong but ship 'em out like that and we will fix it when they phone and we have the right parts in stock"
That was before Horizon.
Back when it was Losi
Old 03-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Didn't you hear ? 1/16 head screws are fine if you just use MIP wrenches ! LOL!
It was true regarding the MIP toosl for the old cases. I was ready to have a go at the new cases with my MIP tools but on those even the MIPs didn't prevent failure.

I think buying the HPI screws, or having extra screws to pre-thread before you use the final screw, is the way to go!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Hey Ryan - how will consumers know when the new shock bottoms hit the market? Will they be a new part number, indicated with an asterisk, or??? While I did manage to get mine one, I don't really care to have plier marks all over them.

Also, wondering if you had a chance to review one of my earlier comment/question...

on step B-13 & B-14 is LOS6262 supposed to be 8-32 x 1/2" instead of 8-32 x 1/4" as the manual indicates? The manual and the description in Fast Serve do not match nor does the 1:1 image. It's sort of difficult for our new customers trying to build this truck when they suspect that HW is missing or wrong.

And just on a side note, is there going to be any type of manual addendum to correct the mistakes? Thank goodness for Gary's pics up on FB. This manual needs some TLC. Same with the exploded view insert. It shows only three hub spacers while the manual shows 4.
AGREED!!!!

This running change nonsense has to stop... New part number or gtfo.. I can't always compare old part and revised part, side-by-side to determine which is the newly revised part... Unless they are labeled with an updated part number, like the new diff housings, are! Now THAT, is what I'm talking about... They used to do that for the XXX cars, all the time, when a revised part came out, the part number and descriptions were different from the originals..

Please!! Please do this, TLR... Please.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I will post on here when we get them. Should be end of this week, beginning of next. I understand plier marks are not pretty.

We are currently working on updating the exploded view, although the 3 vs. 4 shims I did not catch. We have a new database on screw sizing built so that all manuals for kits are correct going forward. I missed the 1/4 vs 1/2 on that sizing notation so that is my fault.
Thank you Ryan. Sign me up for a set when they come in. Todd has my info from back in my Losi days.

How about some HA 7075 hub spacers as an option part like we have on the 22?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by weavty1
AGREED!!!!

This running change nonsense has to stop... New part number or gtfo.. I can't always compare old part and revised part, side-by-side to determine which is the newly revised part... Unless they are labeled with an updated part number, like the new diff housings, are! Now THAT, is what I'm talking about... They used to do that for the XXX cars, all the time, when a revised part came out, the part number and descriptions were different from the originals..

Please!! Please do this, TLR... Please.
Why would you change the part number when it is the same part...something changed along the way which caused shrinkage in the production process. They have fixed the issue and run a new batch..same part.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Glad to hear you had fun. Do you mean you made 2 hole 1.6? instead of 1.3? If so what oil did you use with those?
Yes, the rears I made 1.6. Running 32.5 since I am running at night outdoors and the track is wet, bumpy and loose so it really helped the rear stay planted. I think tonight I will put in the 55/2's in the rear and lighten the oil up to see how it goes.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Buster661
Yes, the rears I made 1.6. Running 32.5 since I am running at night outdoors and the track is wet, bumpy and loose so it really helped the rear stay planted. I think tonight I will put in the 55/2's in the rear and lighten the oil up to see how it goes.
Very interesting, thanks for letting me know...
Old 03-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Anyone have a list of part numbers needed to convert a 1.0 to 2.0?
TLR03000
Old 03-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Brazman
Why would you change the part number when it is the same part...something changed along the way which caused shrinkage in the production process. They have fixed the issue and run a new batch..same part.
So when I order said revised part(s) from A-Main or Horizon, I am 150% certain that I'm getting the updated item.. Not just hoping on a wing and a prayer, that they did get rid of their old stock and now only have the new replacements...

Happened to me twice now already. Ordered SCTE shock shaft o-rings, instead I did the ones that were accidentally mis-packaged diff o-rings. That and another winner. Can't remember exactly what that one was, but I was still equally upset and without the proper parts I needed to race that weekend.

See the problem now??
Old 03-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

If anyone wants the Stock Body and Stock 2 sets of wheels, PM me. I'll give you a good deal.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
If anyone wants the Stock Body and Stock 2 sets of wheels, PM me. I'll give you a good deal.
haha, i did the same thing with the rims...dont really care for them as i like the 22SCT rims and the proline F11 rims
Old 03-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
basically everything in the center of the chassis except the motor/diff mount but the top plates on the diffs are different. Plus the CF shock towers, TLR chassis for relocation of the diff and other stuff, side guards, and the rear bumper and front bumper have been tweeked a bit i believe also

Basically just go the link and scroll down til you see the SCTE 2.0 by the parts title and thats what you need....Basically scroll down about 2/3s to 3/4 of the way down the page and will see the SCTE 2.0 next to the part names

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Rel...g&SubCategory=
Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.