Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F1 CARPET TRACK IN HYDE PARK, NY

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for your hard work in building us a place to play, looks good. I will probably land in the RCGT class, 17.5 brushless ok?

Suggestion about the track layout. With your back to the storefront, can the track extend from the columns over to the left wall? Seems like the space from the columns over to the right wall could be the drivers area and where customers could walk so they are not always bringing outside dirt onto the racing surface.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I thought the spec motor for RCGT was a silver can...and HPI xpattern tires, scaleish body. i'm going to double check, but i think there's even a battery limit. RCGT isn't a class we're making up...it's a class that's being run at other places, we're trying to adopt their rules seeing as the class fits the small space we have.
as far as the layout is concerned....if the drivers stand behind the poles we're giving up half the space we have to race.

Road course racing is tonight...we have six definites and 2 maybes
small start...but at least it's racing.
Everyone is welcome and we'll get everyone a chance on the track if they bring a viable car.
RCGT is not going to be full rule compliance tonight, as almost everyone has to get tires, bodies, and a silver can. for tonight, and possibly next week, we're going to run any roar stock motor other than cobalts(blue can trinity based). we'll figure out gearing tonight and i'll post that as soon as it's final.

If anyone is looking at the track and saying"it's not much of a roadcourse", we're keeping it simple for the first few weeks as most of our racers are oval guys(they don't turn right very often ) i have another layout drwn up that will be more technical that we'll probably try some time in january.

Lastly, 1/12th scale should be ready for next week ( finding tires at this time of year is tougher than i thought it would be, everyone is out of stock on the compounds we need)
Old 12-05-2009, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcracer1958
we're hoping to generate a 1/12th scale class(we already have 4 ), and also a RCGT class (any 1/10th tourer,stock 27 turn motor,rubber tires, scaleish body), so far we have 3 of these.

Silver can will be more better for RCGT.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, we got snowed out last night. it didn't actually turn in to much, but at the time everyone was travelling it seemed like blizzard conditions. i saw 5 or 6 people off the road on my way home from work and only imagined it would get worse as it got later( guess i'm really getting old )

i was wrong about the RCGT rules....it is any 27T / 17.5 brushless...but...with the size track we're on, i think the silver can is really the way to go. they really are the great equalizer also.

ok...so we're shooting for next saturday as the first official race night.

and Raffielli...if you want to give it a shot with the brushless you can come and run..we'll see how it matches up....but we're pretty much in agreement on the silver can as the final motor choice as soon as we can get enuf of them in stock.

Martinsville racing is today and i'll be there today
Old 12-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

17.5 is too fast for that track i think. I think that silver can in the right move. I asked about 17.5 when I saw you posted about 27.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

actually leaning towards 21.5 brushless now...supposed match for silver cans ???

rules for RCGT are as follows :
1. any 4 WD touring chassis
2. HPI X Pattern premounts (#4733 0 offset, #4734, 3mm offset, #4735 6mm offset)
3. any non roar approved sedan body( must be semi scale looking)
4. silver can motor or 21.5 brushless ( every one interested so far likes the idea of brushless)
5. 6 cell NIMH/NiCAD or 2 cell lipo

gear restrictions haven't been decided yet, not really sure if we need it with the size of the track, the body/tire combination, along with the size should be enough of a restriction.
HPI F10 class:
stock chassis, oil filled shock allowed
silver can motor
4 cell battery pack
soft bridgestone tires allowed(rubber only, no foam)

open F1 class
any F1 chassis
silver can or 21.5 motor
any tire
6 cell nimh.nicad or 2 cell lipo

18r class
basically an open class, chassis mods,foam tires, mod motors and lipos allowed.
12th scale
is a stock class, 27 turn or 17.5 brushless, 4 cell nimh or 1 cell lipo

we will be racing this coming saturday night.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds great! I'll get a 21.5 and run my TT01.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

perfect....you'll need xpatterns though...with the stock open cell foam inserts...that's why we're recommending the premounts...no tech required.i'm assuming you're running a scale body if it's a tamiya.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

of course...you don't need all that to try it out....we'll accept any body at this time...but rubber tires at least if not x patterns....we're going to give a few weeks grace for full compliance to get every one started.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Racing yet?
Old 12-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

yes we're racing. saturday night @ 7:00 pm.

This week we should be running RCGT, 1/18th scale, tamiya formula one, and HPI cup racer
Old 12-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

well, the threat of the blizzard forced the cancellation of this past saturday nights on road racing so we're planning to try to get it in this coming tuesday night if we can get a turnout. i'm calling all who weren't there for racing today to let them know and see if they can make it. i'll post tomorrow evening if it's definite. 1/18th scale oval is still on for this coming wednesday night.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Don't know what was going on but I couldn't log into tech net all last night and even til this morning.
Anyway, we will be running road course tonight, racing will start around 7:00pm.
6 Drivers definite...of course every one is welcome.
Hoping to run RCGT, Cup racer, F1(tamiya), and 18R's
Old 12-23-2009, 02:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

We had 7 drivers last night on short notice. RCGT is turning out to be the popular class.Ran mine with the 21.5 last night, won every race, the old Losi is dialed .
The consensus was to try for this coming Saturday night even though it's the day after the holiday. All are welcome, and we'll try to fit any type of car in.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

definitely racing this Saturday night.

I placed an open invite to drivers on the marshalls thread, hope to see some new faces at the track.

Raffielli....are you going to make it anytime soon ? and where is ed?...we need some more F1 drivers...it's just me and randy right now...Alan has personal problems he's dealing with and won't be racing for a while

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.