Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Pook,
I was thinking of doing that... did you CA just the pads to the diff plates or pads, diff plate, & gear pulley?

Thanks
Peter
Peter--Yes,yes, yes, and yes. Not to mention that was in my XXXSG+ and I was using steel outdrives! Now, on my JRXS I have been using an old set of diff rings that I cut small grooves in where the balls set in the pulley. No glue, and I have not had the thrust screw back off yet. Really. all I did was to hold the bare diff ring in a spare pulley and marked the lil boxes where the diff balls sit with a Sharpie. Then I used my Dremel tool to cut the shaded area on the diff ring. Simple, cheap, and so far effective!

Brant
Old 07-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Peter--Yes,yes, yes, and yes. Not to mention that was in my XXXSG+ and I was using steel outdrives! Now, on my JRXS I have been using an old set of diff rings that I cut small grooves in where the balls set in the pulley. No glue, and I have not had the thrust screw back off yet. Really. all I did was to hold the bare diff ring in a spare pulley and marked the lil boxes where the diff balls sit with a Sharpie. Then I used my Dremel tool to cut the shaded area on the diff ring. Simple, cheap, and so far effective!

Brant
Brant,
a couple of questions if I may (cos I'm a little brain dead). Did you dremel the little boxes right through so you could fit the diff balls and lock the diff up that way or
Just scuff them up witht he dremel so the pads would grip better on the plates to the pulley?

(need more sleep!! )
Old 07-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Brant

If you guys have the time and a drill press, you can pin and epoxy the whole rig. I made two, the first was so-so, I changed some things on the second and it came out perfect.

Click on pic.

Last edited by Doug D; 10-13-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
Jay- some dude on here liked your avatar so much..... he stole it! LOL
His Screen name is "Team Duratrax"

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...t=74770&page=2

LOL - Well, at least "Team Duratrax" doesn't have an "RDX" avatar like the thousand Corally Team Drivers...ahahaha
Old 07-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Brant,
a couple of questions if I may (cos I'm a little brain dead). Did you dremel the little boxes right through so you could fit the diff balls and lock the diff up that way or
Just scuff them up witht he dremel so the pads would grip better on the plates to the pulley?

(need more sleep!! )
Peter--Yes, cut a slot completely through the diff ring. At first I wanted to keep the slot for each ball small and only grip each ball. As I proceded, I found my " Ultra-Mega-Micro fine" eyeball was off just a little on a couple cuts. This caused theballs in the pulley to seat into the slots at different degrees so I inlarged the cuts. Once I did this, everything lined up and locked up very nicely. I even left the stock thrust bearing assy in it. Since the ring has the slots and the balls are captured in each one you do not need the sandpaper pads. The only word of caution I see any need for is to be sure and do not cut the slots too far in towards the center of the ring. My buddy Jimm went a little bit deeper than I did and after a couple bad crashes he actually split one of the diff rings and broke the spool. Other than that, it seems very good. later

Brant
Old 07-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doug D
If you guys have the time and a drill press, you can pin and expoxy the whole rig. I made two, the first was so-so, I changed some things on the second and it came out perfect.

See pic.
Nice job Doug!!

Brant
Old 07-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Guy's have a great nite! I'm rollin to Memphis to run the TCS tomorrow!

Brant
Old 07-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Peter--Yes, cut a slot completely through the diff ring. At first I wanted to keep the slot for each ball small and only grip each ball. As I proceded, I found my " Ultra-Mega-Micro fine" eyeball was off just a little on a couple cuts. This caused theballs in the pulley to seat into the slots at different degrees so I inlarged the cuts. Once I did this, everything lined up and locked up very nicely. I even left the stock thrust bearing assy in it. Since the ring has the slots and the balls are captured in each one you do not need the sandpaper pads. The only word of caution I see any need for is to be sure and do not cut the slots too far in towards the center of the ring. My buddy Jimm went a little bit deeper than I did and after a couple bad crashes he actually split one of the diff rings and broke the spool. Other than that, it seems very good. later

Brant
OK all done, I used a dremel to grind out small cones for the 12 balls to sit in on both diff washers, with the spool pads also included. When it wasn't tight it operated like a normal diff, but once tight, it felt like I could have broken an outdrive before it would slip.

Only time will tell now....

Thanks Pook.... (of course I hold you responsible if it breaks again )
Old 07-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

OK all done, I used a dremel to grind out small cones for the 12 balls to sit in on both diff washers, with the spool pads also included. When it wasn't tight it operated like a normal diff, but once tight, it felt like I could have broken an outdrive before it would slip.

Only time will tell now....

Thanks Pook.... (of course I hold you responsible if it breaks again )
LMAO--I take no responsibility for what may lay ahead ! Glad you got it built up. Keep an extra set of outdrives with you just in case.

Brant
Old 07-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi! I finally got my JRX-S finished and raced it a couple of days ago. It seems to be much smoother than my TC3 in terms of steering and acceleration. I got my lap record and was very pleased. Great job Losi!
Old 07-11-2005, 12:24 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by airbear87123
Hi! I finally got my JRX-S finished and raced it a couple of days ago. It seems to be much smoother than my TC3 in terms of steering and acceleration. I got my lap record and was very pleased. Great job Losi!
SWEET!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doug D
LOL - Well, at least "Team Duratrax" doesn't have an "RDX" avatar like the thousand Corally Team Drivers...ahahaha

Hey don't hate on us, because we are proud of our TEAM! LOL

Shouldn't the Losi guys have a Dremel in their avatars?

Last edited by imprsme; 07-11-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

How much is a spool for this car?
Old 07-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Gotta have love for the dremel!
Old 07-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Its just for perfection.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.