aptyk88

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default aptyk88

Well this is where i'm at ... I bought a mbx5 from aptyk88

found here ... http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...r-prospec.html

I sent paypal as a gift since he said it was $5 cheaper ... well I'll never sacrifice $5 ever again by using paypal as a gift thats for sure!!!

so here's how its gone down so far...

06-21-2011, 05:24 PM - paypal is sent!!

he replied right away that as soon as parts for it from amain get there he will be shipping it out. so a week or so goes by and I ask if its been shipped yet.

06-30-2011, 12:58 PM - yupp should be there sometime next week, i sent my gf to the post office and she didnt get a tracking number, so just be on the lookout for it

after two weeks or so of me commenting that I didnt receive the buggy yet he had assured me that he sent it. again a few more days and ... you guessed it, no buggy. But incase you didnt know this "illinios usps has been really bad lately, i bought something from 3 hours away from me and didnt see it for 5 days". I can't believe that usps is even in business for stuff like this!

07-08-2011, 09:55 PM - "im pretty sure i sent it to the right address" - oh could you ever be more assuring now??

here is the last pm back

Today, 04:55 PM (7-19-2011) I sent out 5 packages after i sent out that mugen, usps says they dont know where it is, i dont know what to do and i dont have money to refund you

So $115 down the drain ... unless somebody on here can help him figure out what to do to make this right on my end. obviously everything is perfect on his end since he just ripped me off.

such a loyal seller (I slipped on all this sarcasm on the floor)

just wanted to warn others incase this happens to them

MAKE SURE YOU NEVER USE PAYPAL AS A GIFT

Julia lasinsky - paypal is unverified
[email protected]
Old 07-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

wow, that really sucks. Just another reminder to never send payment as a gift, its not worth the measly $5 savings to get screwed over.

Maybe try contacting his local PD or file a claim in small claims court from your home state. They will summons him and if he doesnt show it will be ruled in your favor.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Is something like this reason for bad feedback? As a seller I never ship something without a tracking number or insurance on the item incase an issue would arise with the shipping provider. However, in this case, as a buyer I have no proof that the item was even shipped except his assurance. He got my money, I have that documented and he already spent it.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wishmasstir
Is something like this reason for bad feedback? As a seller I never ship something without a tracking number or insurance on the item incase an issue would arise with the shipping provider. However, in this case, as a buyer I have no proof that the item was even shipped except his assurance. He got my money, I have that documented and he already spent it.
There is two sides, he can say he shipped it(even if he didnt), and you can say you didnt receive it(even if you did).

However as a seller the burden of proof is on him. Shipping anything without tracking is a very unwise thing to do, if you ship UPS it doesnt even cost extra, at USPS its 80 cents, wooowooo.... Does he have a receipt or anything?

Since you sent the money as a gift your only real action to take is to try and talk to his local pd which they may or may not get involved. Some Cops will say its a civil matter and do nothing, but some cops will actually try to contact the person which might scare him enough to pay you back.

or like i said print out all of the e-mails, pm's, the for sale thread, the paypal payment. Get it all together, document it and label everything. Then file a claim in small claims court. It will cost you around $30 to file, however if the kid doesnt show up on the court date it will be ruled in your favor. You might not get your money back, but at least it will be on his record and mess up his credit.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

FWIW, he's currently viewing this thread. Guess he doesn't have any good excuse at the moment.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I know i shipped the buggy and thats all that matters, yes i do feel bad that it never arrived and i do reget not getting a tracking number. But look at it from my side he may of gotten the buggy and hes just trying to get his money back...
Old 07-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aptyk88
I know i shipped the buggy and thats all that matters, yes i do feel bad that it never arrived and i do reget not getting a tracking number. But look at it from my side he may of gotten the buggy and hes just trying to get his money back...

If I look at it from your side, unfortunately, you are the one at fault. Kicking a box out the door is not all that you are required to do as the seller.

I think everyone should read the "sticky" at the top of the feedback thread and refresh themselves on a good way to do business.

You state in your words.. I feel bad it never arrived. I regret not getting tracking. Show the receipt for shipment at the very least. Without ANYTHING to prove your story I feel you're liable.

Make an effort to resolve this, it's the right thing to do.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with eri3f0g, with no proof its sent, you are at fault aptyk88.

You should do the right thing, see if the post office can find out what happened. If not then you should refund his money and take this as a lesson to always get delivery confirmation.

I'm sorry but the old "well i shipped it, it must have got lost in the mail" excuse just doesnt fly....
Old 07-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Your word that you shipped the buggy doesnt matter at all actually because you have nothing to back up the fact that you shipped it at all, for all you know your g/f shipped it to the address of a dishonest rc'er and they kept the buggy for themselves rather than returning it to you. What matters is the fact that I paid for a product and didn't receive it. I have a receipt of my payment to you, you have nothing to show me that you sent the buggy yet. If this would have happened with any company or a honest individual they would do all they can to make it right. This is the reason considerate people get tracking numbers so their buyers can feel assured that the items they purchased are on their way.

Please feel free to come to my house and look for the buggy, i'm an honest guy and am willing to open up my doors to you. I've bought many trucks off this forum in the past and sold them also on here also without any issues. I also have many personal friends that are on this forum who i'm sure would be more than happy to back me up that I never got the buggy yet.

Not once did I mention you sending money back to me, I said you should be taking the action to make this right. You said you dont have any money to return to me.

The disturbing part of this is how you made up excuses from the start as to why you didnt send the buggy, ordered parts from a-main for the buggy ... who knows what those were you never did mention that you were buying new parts for it or what they were. Is there a receipt for this to prove that this part of the story was even true? then like ten days go by or so then its shipped, another ten days or so and still nothing but now your usps is so slow that to get a package 3 hours away it'll take 5 days to get?? come on, they don't travel by horseback anymore. William Wallace could have made the trip 100 times in 5 days.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Even though its a gift payment, paypal will usually let you dispute it given its a 1 time thing. Just call them and explain what happened that you paid and didnt receive it. They will start a claim.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

im gonna try and make this right guy ok? wishmastir ygpm
Old 07-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kylar
I agree with eri3f0g, with no proof its sent, you are at fault aptyk88.

You should do the right thing, see if the post office can find out what happened. If not then you should refund his money and take this as a lesson to always get delivery confirmation.

I'm sorry but the old "well i shipped it, it must have got lost in the mail" excuse just doesnt fly....
thank you for giving your opinion on this as an outsider, obviously i'm a little heated about it from my lengthy frustrating replies that probably dont make any sense at all
Old 07-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

No proof he shipped it, no insurance, no tracking, and you sent money as a gift.

Lots of holes in this.

aptyk88 should of shipped it with tracking and insurance. It is HIS problem that it didn't get to you. With no proof of delivery, I highly doubt it will get to you if you know what I mean. Most sellers usually know this, and do it without asking. You also asked to send as a gift. Which, is not really allowed by paypal even though everyone does it.

Don't want to throw cheerios on the floor...

You didn't ask him to ship it with anything special, and you sent it as a gift, knowing what could happen. Unless he flat out refunds you by himself, your probably out 115$.

Both in fault. Aptyk88, you should give him a refund for the full amount.

Wake up calls with your own money seem to hit alot harder.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Like the majority here, I have serious doubt that anything was shipped. But the worst part is that this whole thing could have been avoided for 80 freakin' cents! The only time I have ever shipped something without delivery confirmation is if it was a freebie I was sending to someone. If any cash is involved, confirmation is a must and many times insurance also.

Not that I believe the buggy was ever shipped, but who in the world would send a high-dollar item such as an r/c car without any type of tracking or anything?!?!? You might as well set it out on your sidewalk before you go to bed at night. It's the same thing. Once it leaves your hands, you have absolutely no idea where it is or whether it's actually even going anywhere.

Just my 80 cents.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (80%+)
Default aptyk88

sounds like another scammmmmmmmmmer 2me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.