Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
What is the correct procedure when you buy from false seller discription >

What is the correct procedure when you buy from false seller discription

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the correct procedure when you buy from false seller discription

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Unhappy What is the correct procedure when you buy from false seller discription

So I bought some brushed motors on here recently.

I was told the comms weren't cut and were hardly used. Sounds good.

I received the motors last night. I measured the comms to be 6.80mm and 6.70mm. So that's contrary to what I was told before sending him payment.

I paid via paypal for goods and services. All correspondence was through RCTech PMs. I sent him a message last night, I know he read it however no response... A little worrying.

I've never had this problem before, so what would be the correct course of action to take?

Cheers.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Sounds like it's time to file a PayPal claim for not as described if the seller will not communicate with you.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

Cheers.

I got a reply, but his solution wasn't exactly what I had in mind. Apparently he doesn't have any money until next pay day O.o;

I asked for a refund for those parts and I'll send him back the faulty goods.

If that falls through then I guess I'll have to go through paypals channels.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

*Update*

And he doesn't want to give me a refund. Fantastic.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Claim it up.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

request a full refund from paypal (not partial refund), give paypal the details of the sale, and mark "item is not as described". paypal will get you your money back
Old 02-07-2017, 05:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Send him a link to this thread so he knows you started it, then go open a paypal case. If you still feel that he's in the wrong escalate the case and get your money back. Be prepared to pay the shipping back to the seller. Then when all iss done make sure and leave appropriate feedback. In my opinion if you have to use paypal to get a refund seller should get negative. If seller refunds on their own I'd probably leave a neutral with a short explanation of transaction either way.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

All the comments in here basically mirror the PM I sent KoroKoro this morning.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Well, as the SELLER in this case, it's nice to see this thread... pity he hid it here, rather than in the Australian forums, where I would see it easier.

I have agreed that there is need for recompense in this situation.

I explained my position to Brendan (KoroKoro), told him about my circumstances, and yet he still went ahead and filed a claim. Now Paypal has frozen all my money from the sale, leaving me out of pocket and overdrawn on my account.

I tried to work with him, offered a refund, it wasn't enough for him. I offered other options, they weren't enough. He has now gone and filed the PayPal claim, and screwed me the full value.

So, the only outcome I have is to offer a full refund, and expect ALL of my items back. As hotrod87 has said, he should be paying postage on the return, which he was expecting to take from some other items I had included with the sale - PayPal buyers can now claim the cost of refund postage with PayPal for returns, so he won't be out of pocket.

As for whether I deserve a negative, well, that's up to conjecture, I suppose. He has not shown the full picture here, just enough to get people baying for blood. I have a 100% trader rating of 109 on here from the last 13 1/2 years, as well as a 100% trader rating of 1174 on eBay, so I have proven over time my trustworthiness. If I have to take a negative for this, then so be it... but it won't be for want of trying to help out this zero feedback member with less than three years on here. Funny, I always tried in past to give the new guys a go, to trust everyone needs to start somewhere.... this might harden that attitude somewhat.

Alex
Old 02-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KoroKoro
*Update*

And he doesn't want to give me a refund. Fantastic.
Well, that's not entirely true.... is it?
Old 02-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

A refund for half the cost of the items, returning other stuff you added for free and postage at my cost. Sorry, but thats not a refund.

I haven't pressed the paypal review button yet. We have only had correspondence through paypal. So now will be your last chance (via paypal) to refund me for the motors. If you accept the refund, you will get your money "to pay your bills". However if you don't, you won't see the $140 for another 30 days as it goes through the paypal review process.

I'll give you until 12 noon Syd time to accept the refund of the D5 $30 and the Yokomo $15. $45 total. Then we will go our separate ways.

12pm today. The ball is in your court.

P.S. a copy of this has also been posted through to paypal.

Regards
Old 02-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

A refund for half the cost of the items, returning other stuff you added for free and postage at my cost. Sorry, but thats not a refund.

I haven't pressed the paypal review button yet. We have only had correspondence through paypal. So now will be your last chance (via paypal) to refund me for the motors. If you accept the refund, you will get your money "to pay your bills". However if you don't, you won't see the $140 for another 30 days as it goes through the paypal review process.

I'll give you until 12 noon Syd time to accept the refund of the D5 $30 and the Yokomo $15. $45 total. Then we will go our separate ways.

P.S. a copy of this has also been posted through to paypal.

Regards

Is anyone else here baffled as to what the heck this means?
Old 02-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Nicely twisted. The refund I offered was what you were after, minus the cost of the item I sent just in case the motor you got was not as good as expected, and minus the cost of postage, basically saying that you would not need to pay it, as you could keep the items.

I asked you to wait a week, until my pay day, out of COURTESY, and I would pay whatever refund we ended up working out. That I only sell items when I have to, to pay my bills, is my situation. I explained that, multiple times, but you still chose to not show me any common courtesy.

Nice ultimatum.

Ad as for
We have only had correspondence through paypal.
Well, you know that's a lie, as we have had SEVEN PM's back and forth over the past couple of days. The fact that you refuse to respond to them any more since opening the PayPal claim is not any less a fact just because you choose to ignore it.

Alex
Old 02-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Harry, Alex knows what it means.

Alex, You misunderstood. No paypal action has been taken "yet". Only correspondence thus far. Failing that, I will start paypals external review process.

I am not going to wait a week for a refund deal that I don't agree to. First we mutually accept the terms of the refund.

I am not going to respond to your PMs if we have a messaging system to follow on paypal. Those are paypals rules. I have responded to your PMs via paypal. If you open paypal, you will see.

According to paypal, the case is still open and you have a chance to respond and take the necessary actions.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Carefully failing to mention that PayPal has now withheld the FULL $140 from me, which I can only get back when I agree to your terms. It doesn't come from nowhere, it comes back FROM ME. Like I said, absolutely no courtesy at all.

Alex

Harry, Alex knows what it means.

Alex, You misunderstood. No paypal action has been taken "yet". Only correspondence thus far. Failing that, I will start paypals external review process.

I am not going to wait a week for a refund deal that I don't agree to. First we mutually accept the terms of the refund.

I am not going to respond to your PMs if we have a messaging system to follow on paypal. Those are paypals rules. I have responded to your PMs via paypal. If you open paypal, you will see.

According to paypal, the case is still open and you have a chance to respond and take the necessary actions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.