Talking

Originally posted by Slayer PR
Thanks for the info.
anytime!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally posted by KLANDERMAN
I believe lower gear ratio gives you more top end...
If the R-40 is your first nitro car, Then you now that the spur/ pinion combination works awesome, but I you want more speed it's better to try changing the pinion T number than the spur T number, so If you want your car to have more top end and less torque so you don't spin it out on a turn I recommend you go up a tooth on the pinion gears. Your stock ratio is:
First gear: 48+16 = 7.260 ratio
Second gear 45+19 = 5.731

What I did to improve my speed is this:
First gear 48+17 = 6.832
Second gear 45+ 20 = 5.445

Afterwards I moved up to the lightweight 2 speed tranny, which has a greater acceleration.
I'd also like to add the stock gear ratiow will actually run slower than the LW gear ratio even if they were the same due to xtra rotating mass. The stock setup is sufficient, but when you get your hands on the LW 2speed and shafts you'll never go back. A higher or shorter gear ratio will provide more acceleration, but less top speed while a lower or taller gear ratio provides more top end with less acceleration. A taller gear is good, however your engine must be able to pull this ratio. My MT12 is quick however I'm thinking of getting something a tick quicker. I'll most likely will be trying that OS .12TZ when it comes out otherwise the RB V12 3 port. For now my R40 lays in shambles, but soon I'll get this beast running again. I ordered the graphite shock towers and an integy rear aluminum brace. Gonna get those Mugen shocks as well since my stock shock the alum top got smashed. The buggy will also be getting upgrades. Here are my two monsters again for who ever missed them.
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-dscn2132.jpg  
Old 04-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by HarKonnenD
I'd also like to add the stock gear ratiow will actually run slower than the LW gear ratio even if they were the same due to xtra rotating mass. The stock setup is sufficient, but when you get your hands on the LW 2speed and shafts you'll never go back. A higher or shorter gear ratio will provide more acceleration, but less top speed while a lower or taller gear ratio provides more top end with less acceleration. A taller gear is good, however your engine must be able to pull this ratio. My MT12 is quick however I'm thinking of getting something a tick quicker. I'll most likely will be trying that OS .12TZ when it comes out otherwise the RB V12 3 port. For now my R40 lays in shambles, but soon I'll get this beast running again. I ordered the graphite shock towers and an integy rear aluminum brace. Gonna get those Mugen shocks as well since my stock shock the alum top got smashed. The buggy will also be getting upgrades. Here are my two monsters again for who ever missed them.
Say HARK where can I see those mugen shocks? I take it they are aluminum???
Old 04-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Another shot.
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-dscn2136.jpg  
Old 04-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

The mugen shocks are gun metal and WAY stronger than the HPI aluminum shocks. I'm gonna get those, because they are the same price as the HPI shocks.
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-dscn2114.jpg  
Old 04-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

The mugen shocks are gun metal and WAY stronger than the HPI aluminum shocks. I'm gonna get those, because they are the same price as the HPI shocks.
Do they have those shocks at your LHS, or are you going to order them elsewhere?
BTW did you ever get to see the link I posted with my cars?
Old 04-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

MY friend bought the last pair, but we will have them in soon maybe around next week. I ordered two pairs, the graphite shock towers, integy alum brace (engine carb side) and a spare LW gears. For now I'm just upgrading the car instead of dropping in a new engine. I also got the parts I need to repair the R40 as well in stock.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Lightbulb

Holy cow, check out the integy parts for the R40!! I'm gonna get myself some!

http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...tml?p_catid=67
Old 04-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

NICE! Thats what I did, I got the LW parts for the car instead of another engine...
Old 04-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Holy cow, check out the integy parts for the R40!! I'm gonna get myself some!

http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...tml?p_catid=67
Which parts exactly do you plan on getting because I have like 2/3 of what posted there, but they are GPM, maybe I can help you choose the best parts...
Old 04-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, they have some wicked parts there. I can't wait! graphite suspension mounts too instead of the aluminum ones.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'd probably get the graphite lower suspension
battery plate, but that about it, most of the aluminum part, I have for bashing, but they weigh a lot and they are expensive, so stick to the stock pulleys
Old 04-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

HARK did you check your upper deck for cracks? also check the aluminum lower mounts to see if they are bent in anyway, and check to see if you didn't bend your chassis. When I swithced chassis to the LW, my stock chassis was bent upward by atleast 1 or 2mm....
Old 04-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

I checked but it doesnt seem like anything else took any hits. Everything checks out ok thankfully. The LHS has all the parts I need to get back to running, but I'm gonna break in this picco .26 engine first. BBL GUYS!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

I checked but it doesnt seem like anything else took any hits. Everything checks out ok thankfully. The LHS has all the parts I need to get back to running, but I'm gonna break in this picco .26 engine first. BBL GUYS!
Yeah I guess most of the impact was received by the body post, the front shock tower because of the agle on the tire, I take it the blow was head on with the tire, or did you hit the side?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.