Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ACT Model Car Racing CLub

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 02:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by kingpops
Let me start by saying I do not care about what rules the mini's run to, as I hate my m05 more than any rc car I have owned, even more than my YR4 Yokomo..... and I will not race mini ever again. Not ever

You will find that the parity issues are much more to do with skill than equipment. the guys hosing the crowd with the "fast' gear will still hose the field with "normal" gear.

No doubt that the mini pins make the cars easy to drive, but so what? There is no rule saying I cannot turn up and run cut down low shore tyres on my tourer and use them for single runs if I want to, yet you expect a different set of expectations for the mini class.

My original contention is if you begin to further restrict the class to particular rule sets then it will ultimatley fail, and with such low numbers turing up for indoor making the cars harder to drive by restrictive rule sets will never increase attendance.

Something has happened in the last 18months to basically wither the indoor running to a few committed individuals. I cannot recall it ever being so consistently poorly attended-yet there is no reason for it as the best track surface and size is always available and the racing is now back to once a fortnight which should have pushed up demand. I have no love for carpet racing, but still partake sometimes, but the feel of the race meet is very different to when I first started that is for sure.

The club has lost members and occasional racers for some reason, but has done little to work on preventing that from what I can see. Not much is being done to keep and hold newbies either.... Or effective co-ordination for club organization.... or clarity of direction... etc etc(and yes I can go on and on about it!)
The discussion about the mini tire rules was brought on by the faster drivers to give the others a better chance at being a little more competitive.Drivers are and will still be able to use off road tires on their cars for this championship,as it was only a proposal to level out the playing field. As for the clubs direction and organization, we have just had our annual general meeting and voted in the committee, I noticed that we had very few takers for positions other than the incumbent members, maybe those that say we need change or direction should have voiced their opinions or offered to join the club committee. As we are a small club any and all help, opinions are appreciated and welcomed.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kingpops
Let me start by saying I do not care about what rules the mini's run to, as I hate my m05
Well I was talking to your m05... and let me tell you, it is not real keen on you either!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Enduro

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.....

So has anyone started putting togeather a team for the enduro yet?

One driver has contacted me indicating that he's happy to join a team.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lenjiman
Good meet last night, hopefully a few more turn-up next round.
Says the person who doesn't turn up... Where were you? Too busy crashing planes and Helis?

Another great night of racing! A couple of new racers having a go which was great to see. And some good mini racing with an overflowing field. Sorry Gary, most people had a good night Perhaps a few too many minis on the tight track in building M, but I didn't hear too many serious complaints. And those tyres went good well as well, I believe.

See eveyone in 2 weeks
Old 10-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Pops,

Seems like you and Rick could never get the MO5 to work. I think you should give it to me for some TLC and I am sure it will work.

Not sure where you went wrong, however for some a new chassis doesn't seem to gel with the way they drive.

Must agree on the tyre situation though. The off road mini tyres should be only for off road. The rubber on road mini tyres would give the parity back to the class.

However car setup and tyre selection will never make a slow driver fast.

My two cents worth. Hope to catch up with some of you at a racing venue elsewhere. I will still represent the ACT Club next year.

Later,

Calvin.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Not a great night for me, but thats how it goes when I have to come straight from work.

Its good to see the carpet in Mallee providing a more consistent surface, even if the ultimate grip levels are less then what they used to me.

I had the pace I needed in Modified but could not get it togeather, tore a corner of the car in Final 1 then broke the same part again in Final 2.

The Mini was a hoot, some really close racing there. I had a epic battle with Steve in Final 1 and things were shaping up for more action in Final 2 but I mogned turn 1, rolled and killed 6 spectators . I clawed my way back to 3rd but Ian Naden used his Jedi mind tricks and my car fell over, letting him past.

I think we had 24 racing last night, not huge, but if you look back to the race meeting on the 26th of October 2010 we had 29 entires, so given all that is going on in the world at the moment I thing were doing ok.

Now to get ready for Sunday... anyone brining their 12th out on the weekend?
Old 10-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Says the person who doesn't turn up... Where were you? Too busy crashing planes and Helis?

Hahahaha something like that..... got stuck at work until about 6.30 and by the time I was home it was a little late.

BTW, the cub is still in one piece for now

Anyone need a spare driver for the enduro??

Also happy to take an M05 from the disgruntled owners club??
Old 10-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hahahaha something like that..... got stuck at work until about 6.30 and by the time I was home it was a little late.

BTW, the cub is still in one piece for now
Nothing like a bit of super glue to keep things together!

Also happy to take an M05 from the disgruntled owners club??
No disgruntled M05 drivers here.......
Old 10-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I will be there on Sunday with the 1/12th
Old 10-27-2011, 04:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

It was good to see so many mini's running around and over each other,. didn't finish much but still had fun and that is what it is all about. Mini's fixed and ready for more close racing on Sunday, so lets see as many Mini's there as we can get.
It was fun and frustrating to race in the Mallee Pavilion again, grip levels aren't as bad or inconsistant as they were.
Hope to see all at kambah on Sunday.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord

No disgruntled M05 drivers here.......
Hahaha..... I didn't mean you

Might have to crack out the ol' M03 for a run.... anyone got a Mini spec HW B/L system they want to sell me??

Last edited by lenjiman; 10-27-2011 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

We'll be at kambah with the minis and 21.5. Heading back to oz this arvo with just enough time to charge the batteries and change some tires before sunday.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is there any news on roughly when and where the aarcmcc act titles will be next year??.... Kambah again?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default meh

Originally Posted by Lionel S
Is there any news on roughly when and where the aarcmcc act titles will be next year??.... Kambah again?
should be about the same time as this year.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lionel S
Last weekend of February.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.