Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Darkseid-tags. I saw a production kit being built.

btw-I love your sig-its so true. I do remember Star Wars at that age. Saw it 3x in two weeks-which isnt easy to do when your that age and from a very frugal family upbringing.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

Just found this

http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14862
Old 03-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Darkseid-tags. I saw a production kit being built.

btw-I love your sig-its so true. I do remember Star Wars at that age. Saw it 3x in two weeks-which isnt easy to do when your that age and from a very frugal family upbringing.
Thats cool. I thought the idea of tags was pretty cool and different. Just like the car itself.

I like the signature too. I think I'll get more comments on it as the madness of May 19th gets closer! Hopefully some of these critics will read it just before they head out to the theaters.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:28 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Ray is right, they use tags. My first impression of the kit is that all performance stuff aside, it is a technological marvel. The shocks are quite simply the coolest design I've ever seen. No more gripping the threads with side cutters to screw on the rod end, no more trying to spring E-clips off an oily piston, no more bleeding and re-bleeding a shock to get it just right. I think TRF shocks have met their match.

Similarly, being able to adjust the belt tension *without* removing the bulkheads is awesome. Other kits have had this feature but you had to remove at least one side to rotate the diff housing. On the JRX-S, you just remove a screw, rotate it, and put it back in. Just like the quick release hubs on the ADE2 truck, it's one of those "why has no one else done this?" things.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Shane-this is one of the biggest reasons I sold my RDX-it was too hard to work on. Reminded me of working on a Serpent Vector car. Yeah-it was fast-but when you need 30 minutes to change roll center, pull the battery to chnage pinion or reset gear mesh.......

Its thinking like that that I can appreciate it. As Paris wold say "thats hot".

Anymore I chnage shock oils, pistons and lower hingepin angles to tune. ITs my comfort zone. I am liking this JRXS more and more by the minute and unlike you-I dont have one yet. j/k-enjoy it.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by futureal
Ray is right, they use tags. My first impression of the kit is that all performance stuff aside, it is a technological marvel. The shocks are quite simply the coolest design I've ever seen. No more gripping the threads with side cutters to screw on the rod end, no more trying to spring E-clips off an oily piston, no more bleeding and re-bleeding a shock to get it just right. I think TRF shocks have met their match.
GOOD TO HEAR! One of my biggest beefs with car threads is that nearly right after the release, all you hear is. "has anybody tried so and so's shocks on the car"...."has anyone tried so and so's chassis on the car"..."has anyone tried so and so's springs"...I can't stand that crap. It eventually completely overruns a thread and drives away the people who want to actually talk about the car that came in the box. If the shocks are really that good, then at least thats one thing less to hear about people switching.

Similarly, being able to adjust the belt tension *without* removing the bulkheads is awesome. Other kits have had this feature but you had to remove at least one side to rotate the diff housing. On the JRX-S, you just remove a screw, rotate it, and put it back in. Just like the quick release hubs on the ADE2 truck, it's one of those "why has no one else done this?" things.
Sounds good..
Old 03-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

My pit table downstairs is officailly ready for the building of the JRXS oh yea and when is this car comming out?
Old 03-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Nathan

Well done for Carpet Wars. Does this mean you're going to stick with the JRXS?

I think I'll be down Southend this Tuesday - will you be there with the car?

OLI
Old 03-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Real quick thing i want to say. How many of you guys are gonna get a chassis protector sheet to put on the bottem of the chassis so it wont get scraped up. When i get mine im thinking of getting one so it looks nice for a longer time. One other thing. If it is released next week it just gives some of us something to do over Spring Break. Those who are in school, or work (if you get off next week.) Ya seeing this board after the car released is gonna be amazing. I wonder who is gonna get their car first.
Its gonna be a blast building the car. Its gonna really help us get to know the car more and how it goes together. Im gonna take my time building this one. I want it perfect. No binding, rubbing. I want the car real free (even though it already is) I dont want to mess up. Make the car the best it can be.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Sure will
Old 03-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
Real quick thing i want to say. How many of you guys are gonna get a chassis protector sheet to put on the bottem of the chassis so it wont get scraped up.
Yep...I will be using chassis protector. I have a history of not keeping cars for long. So to keep the re-sale value up, I always use chassis protector.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default Reality

I'd say we can expect about 5 stages after we get the cars...

"1st-The 'gasp' heard round the world, as we are all in shock, that its finally actually happened.

2nd-Post flow rapidly to the board as we all tell each other we got the kit and ask each other ("do you see this part or that part") like all of our dumb azzes don't have the exact same kit!

3rd-Then, an eerie 6-8 hour quiet as we all settle down to build our cars as quick as possible.

4th-'Thudds' heard round the world as we all pass out because we haven't stopped building to eat, drink, or go to the bathroom

and finally

5th-After recovering, and having our wives force us to eat, we flood the thread asking if anyone has set up sheets!"

--------------------------

6th The guy who you sold your tricked out XXX-S G+ to for $75.00

bumps you into the wall as he laps you.

7th The crash with the wall breaks your left fron A-Arm.

8th Your LHS doesnt have any JXRS parts or any ETA when they will get them. Stormer doesn't have any parts listed and Horizon shows them all on order.

9th After a 3 week wait the part arrives its $19.99 and they send you the right side one and you needed the left.

10th After another 2 weeks the right part arrives

11th You return to the track

12th In the first heat the same guy jumps the starting tone and rear ends your car on the starting grid bending the right rear dogbone at a 30 degree angle.

13th You are booked for assault and battery. Your JXRS is seized as evivdence.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Thats pretty good stuff there Jonah.

Brant
Old 03-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Well I certainly hope it doesn't turn out like those last few stages! I went through the whole 'got the car, but no parts' thing with the Pro 4. And I'm not looking to return to that again.

Having to buy parts from Hong Kong just to get back running....well.........well it kinda sucks!
Old 03-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I hope this car comes soon the natives are getting restless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.