Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so no video live anywhere?
Old 04-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Results???......I know it was a late night....
Old 04-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

WOW what a day ! Big thanks to Eric and the TRACK for putting on a great
race had an absolute blast and got to see some amazing racing. Congrats to all the winners. Brad Johnson took the overall win and more importantly the Belt i will have a few pics up soon but my camera flaked out early
cant wait for 2010

Marcus

Turns out only couple pics made it

Last edited by IL_AudiRacer; 04-05-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Man what a great day of racing. Big thanks to Eric for all the work and effort put into this you did a great job. Thanks to all guys who had a hand in this event and to the guys in Tech they work day long there doing a thankless job. The racing action was awesome in all mains....the F main had some real battles and was great to see that everyone was fighting it out. Thanks to all the guys who drove a long way to come to this race....thats one of the things that makes VTA so much fun....all the guys from all over having fun doing this.

Im sure after Eric gets caught up on some much needed rest he will post the results and if anyone has any pictures please feel free to post them.

Also a huge thanks to HPI for planting the seeds to get this class going....if it wasnt for you guys over there this class would have never started. Thanks to Colin from HPI who made the trip out from Cali.

I have some Best of Show pictures.....
Attached Thumbnails USVTA TRANS-AM NATIONALS 2009-rc-bodies-014.jpg   USVTA TRANS-AM NATIONALS 2009-rc-bodies-015.jpg   USVTA TRANS-AM NATIONALS 2009-rc-bodies-016.jpg  
Old 04-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW WHAT A BLAST!!!!
I just wanted to say, GREAT JOB to EVERYONE who help run this event!!!!
Alot of new and great drivers who help me with their tips, and count me there next year.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Great event yesterday

There were alot of out of town guys who came out to this event. There was so much great driving and door to door action it was impossible to not have had a great time. Once again as other have stated thanks to Eric and his family and everyone else who helped put on this great event.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

sounds like a great time - I gotta find a way to get this on MY schedule for next year
Old 04-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks to Eric and family for a great race again, and to the tech crew, who did a great job. It was also so nice to see so many well done bodies on the cars. Thanks to HPI also for all the prizes and sending Colin out. Even with all the general craziness out there, we still had a great turn out, and a great time.

Also congrats to Brad Johnson for UNIFYING THE TITLES!!!! That's right, he now holds both belts!!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Did that convertible Camaro run like that or was it a concours entry?
Old 04-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Did that convertible Camaro run like that or was it a concours entry?
Yes, and all occupants were killed in the roll over crash (decapitation)
Old 04-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Had a great time again.. thanks to all involved putting on the event. The crew from Omaha grew by one this year hopefully we can talk more into it next year because we will be back!

Some highlights for me... Concourse - man some of you take it to a level I didn't know existed! Awesome!!... Don't remember his name for sure but or the exact race but the Yellow/Black camaro that was way out in the lead and broke the rear.. ran two laps with one wheel hangin and still pulled of a second.... Of course the decapitation mentioned earlier... I think I was in that race but saw the after!! Also exploding cars... and then some just awesome battles!!

One thing I'm not so happy about... I never tried to make a pass by jumping the corner!! I practiced it on Sunday and got pretty good at it. That could have been my secret weapon!!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
Yes, and all occupants were killed in the roll over crash (decapitation)
Next year you guys should add roll bars and safety harness' to the rules. Especially with those convertibles. A small plastic guy could get killed in one of those things.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Had a blast this past weekend racing toy cars. I've been racing various forms of rc for quite a while, but this was my first VTA event, and my first visit to The Track.

I was very impressed with the way the program was run. Tech process was smooth, and the program was run as good as any I've ever been seen.

I do have to ask, though, a question to people that have more experience running this class. The quality and style of the driving was very surprising to me. This is not a rant, rather just looking for some other opinions here.

It sure seemed to me that a 'quality pass' was very rare. In my experience, catching the driver in front of you, is one thing. Setting up and making a pass is another. The racing on Saturday, this did not seem to be the case. It seemed like much more like catch, take-out, drive thru the guy in front of you in one 'fluid' motion.

Granted, this was a tight track with a narrow race line, but the 'drive with a knife in your teeth' style seemed to prevail. It felt like an offroad Slash race, where contact is kind of part of the deal.

Was Saturday unique, or is this just the way this class runs?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
It felt like an offroad Slash race, where contact is kind of part of the deal.

Was Saturday unique, or is this just the way this class runs?
This is a great summary of what I've seen in VTA just about everywhere.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

wow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.