Tamiya M-07 Concept

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hemiboy81
what body would work on the m-07
Originally Posted by Markus
All tamiya bodies listed with 225mm or 239mm wheelbase... Or any mini body listed with those wb.
I went with the Mazda 2 which is a long wheelbase body

Like Markus said......
hemiboy81 likes this.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
I'm on step 3 or 4 of my build now. The foam is hokey. As is the aluminum glass tape. What's the purpose of this tape? I didn't see any included with the kit.

Did you guys use the molybdenum grease on the plastic gears? Seems a little thick for my liking. I typically use Tamiya ceramic grease or white lithium on plastic gears.
I think the tape was in the bag with the stickers. It's to try to seal the gearbox so dirt doesn't get in so easily. If you're running outside, use it.

I didn't bother greasing my gears.
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I use silicone lubricant on my gears in all of my minis. Never seems to harm anything.
For my front steering links I removed 1.5mm from the plastic part, so I could run front toe out.
I want to try raising the inner link ballstuds front and rear and see what changes on the car
I use the HPI Honda Civic 225mm body or the Ride BRZ cut to 225mm. Orher popular body is the Blitz VW GTI.
Also have the cf shock towers to fit and test.
There are a couple of setup sheets from Japan floating around, but I can not read them.
Later
50 cal

Originally Posted by gigaplex
I think the tape was in the bag with the stickers. It's to try to seal the gearbox so dirt doesn't get in so easily. If you're running outside, use it.

I didn't bother greasing my gears.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Thanks! The tape was, indeed, in with the decals.

The Tamiya titanium screw kit is really nice, but it's a rip off since it's not 100% complete. So far there are 6 screws that weren't included in the kid. There are even more if you count grubs, balls, links, etc.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Thanks! The tape was, indeed, in with the decals.

The Tamiya titanium screw kit is really nice, but it's a rip off since it's not 100% complete. So far there are 6 screws that weren't included in the kid. There are even more if you count grubs, balls, links, etc.
I had 7 screws xtra.
No screw kit includes all of that,that I'm aware of
Old 07-29-2017, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default First Complaint

Dudes man,

After looking around and found that dealers are selling these kits to be around $180 for a basic kit, I'm going to have to think twice about the mini class.

I thought that the whole purpose of the class was to keep chassis cheap and competitive, around $100 without radio and battery. At the $180 price range, why can't other mini's join in on the race?

Just my rant dudes.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Another rainy day on the east coast. racing cancelled. I decided to take a look at the drivetrain to check for any spots that may be touching or wearing down and noticed that the bottom diff cover section had a little 'half moon' molded into it... as if it was intended to house a 25mm fan. Out of curiosity I fitted a spare 25mm fan in that area. Fit perfect, like a glove and blows air directly onto the side of the motor. Better cooling airflow than any other mini. Be sure to move the battery as far back as possible. I double side tape my pack in. Anyway, thought I'd share.

Old 07-29-2017, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail
Dudes man,

After looking around and found that dealers are selling these kits to be around $180 for a basic kit, I'm going to have to think twice about the mini class.

I thought that the whole purpose of the class was to keep chassis cheap and competitive, around $100 without radio and battery. At the $180 price range, why can't other mini's join in on the race?

Just my rant dudes.
I don't recall anyone ever claiming that the mini class was supposed to hit a $100 price target. You're welcome to race TC classes where chassis are frequently over $600...

Why can't other minis join in? Depends on what your actual class rules are. Some places do allow other minis. But the Tamiya only classes were seeded by Tamiya and their classes are always Tamiya only.
k_bojar likes this.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Another rainy day on the east coast. racing cancelled. I decided to take a look at the drivetrain to check for any spots that may be touching or wearing down and noticed that the bottom diff cover section had a little 'half moon' molded into it... as if it was intended to house a 25mm fan. Out of curiosity I fitted a spare 25mm fan in that area. Fit perfect, like a glove and blows air directly onto the side of the motor. Better cooling airflow than any other mini. Be sure to move the battery as far back as possible. I double side tape my pack in. Anyway, thought I'd share.

You never mentioned you're a genius.
Markus and hemiboy81 like this.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:07 AM
Tech Champion

Neat trick. Though for those that race TCS or something equivalent, cutting that hole out probably won't be legal.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caltek1
Run more toe out on the front. It will lessen the torque steer. I am using 300k in my oil gear and have no issues with torque steer on my M07.
You know, I've never actually seen a M-chassis from directly above. They're longer and narrower than I expected.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

hey Markus. I like the suggestion of mounting the fan behind the motor as in your photo. Have you tried it? my only concern is the use of a 25mm fan (just don't have one) but once the battery is in, is there any airflow for the intake? does the batter block the airflow?
Old 07-30-2017, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

I'm just about done with my build but having problems where I want to fan installed? I was considering the following
Old 07-30-2017, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

fan on the side. Only concern is dirt getting into the drive train but I like the neatness.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya M-07 Concept-side-mounted-holes.jpg   Tamiya M-07 Concept-side-mounted-option3.jpg  
Old 07-30-2017, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

using a TA07 motor mount bracket. I'm big on using all Tamiya products for TCS compliance.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya M-07 Concept-ta07-option.jpg   Tamiya M-07 Concept-ta07-mounted.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.