Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Designing A Prototype Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Your Ideas

Hey FowlerJr68, dont be upset we havent shot down anyones ideas yet, we are slowly narrowing our slections.

night all
Old 09-23-2003, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by speedxl
ballpy the market is good i dont know what type of job you'd like but the hospitality buissnes is good here there are a lot of tourest and trade coomerce is strong aswell as banking, if you into the automotive buiss there are plenty of jobs esspecially a tech. good news that there are probably 15 r/c racing tracks in 51/2 drive from here we have three in an 1/2 hr radius perfect place to live plus south beach 15minutes south! plenty of booty!
I am into networking and that kinda stuff. I am a network engineer/administrator currently. So if you know anyone looking for someone to work on their computers let me know.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default Car

I rather liked the Losi prototype XXX-S...

I think belts can rival shafts, and Schumacher also has a nice drive train layout. If you keep the rear belt short and free you get maximum acceleration and I would also prefer to make the pitch diameter as large as possible. Direct drive to the rear and belt to the front would be neat (but a smaller rear spur than the assassin).

Another outside the box scheme would be to transverse mount a motor in a shaft drive layout.

wrench
Old 09-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Talking Dragonxmx

Hey thats a good idea, right now i am stuck between the shaft system and that pully/ Spur gear system.
But the spur/belt system would be fairly compicated, but its a challenge and thats what i am up for.

Does the Corally Assissan with the driect spur system have the rear diff locked out or is the spur mounted to the diff case?

I dont know .... does anyone have close up pics
Old 09-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BallPy
I am into networking and that kinda stuff. I am a network engineer/administrator currently. So if you know anyone looking for someone to work on their computers let me know.
ballpy you need to get the miami herald where ever you are at and see the classifieds they post a lot of computer tech jobs on there try your local library or news stands and see if you can find it or go to job searches on the internet monster . com or what ever !
Old 09-23-2003, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

How about a system that lets the drivetrain freewheel from the motor, kinda like a motor one way... A seperate brake disk... Sure it''d require a computer radio and an extra servo, but you'd have much more brake control...
Old 09-23-2003, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The spur and rear pulley would be locked together.....

Problem is you need a rather large spur gear to allow for proper gear ratios and to keep the motor off of the rear suspension...
Old 09-23-2003, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

vtl that would be called a clutch ! and flywheel assy with inertia ingaging it via springs and wieghts like a nitro car. (to much wieght) impact no need to search to far the corraly already found the solution on how to mount the spur to the diff!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

I know what it's called... I'm thinking more along the lines of a one way... Just throwing idea's out there.... I'd have to draw out what I'm actually thinking because it's very different from a clutch setup...
Old 09-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

are you talking about viscous coupling like a 4wheel drive truck has!
Old 09-23-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Speedy- actually I knew that, I was referring to the "use a smaller spur" post.

VTL- I totally understand what you are saying, however the main problem I see with the idea is the added weight of the extra servo, and braking aassembly... besides with a good computer radio and programable speedo you can go from very little brakes, to "lock them puppies up"...... and anywhere in between.....
Old 09-23-2003, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

OK heres what we got so far..

Drive Train - TC3
Suspension ?????
Motor mount?????
A-Arms????
Hub Carriers???
Drive Axels???
Transhousings- going to be machined out of Aluminum.

Feed me your choices for what should fill in the question marks

ps i cant use the live chat forum doesnt work at all for me.

Sorry uys
Old 09-23-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

If I were to design a prototype car, I will let Tamiya see my designs first, haha.

If we want to lower CG, maybe we should make motors smaller but longer!, and batteries flatter also. just imagine if you can do these! Bulkheads would be half the height as they would now. and shorter shocks too...... just maybe, so we will have a lighter car too.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

I have a few idea's running through my head... Yea, the brake assembly, servo, etc would add weight, but it could be made to work in your favor if the car was light enough...

I'd love to have proportional brakes front and rear and be able to control the amount of brake each end gets, just like a real car... Yes, with a 1-way you have no front braking, I know...

But imagine being able to freewheel like a 1 way but also being able to dial in the amount of front and rear brake you wanted... you could do seriously outbrake others into a corner, dial in a 60/40 front bias...

Ok, I'm dreaming or I'm wanting 1/5 scale and hydraulic brakes on 1/10...
Old 09-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey got the trans housings done.

But i need some one to help me, and tell me the over all lengh of the TC3 using s Vernier Caliper ,diff from one end to the other.

in inches please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.