GT-4 pro or serpent impact?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT-4 pro or serpent impact?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Tech Initiate

uh.. its only common sense that more expensive car will usually result in expensive parts. Lexus oil filter is like 39.95 each while toytoa is like 19.95. It might be a identical oil filter but thats just how the market works. This doesnt mean expensive is better and cheap sucks. It just means dont expect a $5 parts from a $500 car and stuff like that. So dont buy a expensive car if you dont want to buy expensive parts.

And only retard will stop buying a car becaues of cant get parts. You wont break any parts if you dont crash. Besides, there are shit load of online stores so there is no way you cant find a parts for any brand.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:25 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nakamura
uh.. its only common sense that more expensive car will usually result in expensive parts. Lexus oil filter is like 39.95 each while toytoa is like 19.95. It might be a identical oil filter but thats just how the market works. This doesnt mean expensive is better and cheap sucks. It just means dont expect a $5 parts from a $500 car and stuff like that. So dont buy a expensive car if you dont want to buy expensive parts.

And only retard will stop buying a car becaues of cant get parts. You wont break any parts if you dont crash. Besides, there are shit load of online stores so there is no way you cant find a parts for any brand.
Actually, maybe you didn't read my post clearly. The parts material are not identical. Clearly Serpent uses better quality parts for their cars. But you pay for the price.

Of course we don't break if we don't crash. DUH! Accidents do happen even if you're a newbie or pro class driver. Accidents happen regardless if you're getting hacked by a newbie driver, glitching, or a simple misjudgement on a turn. Yes, I know I can order online but its more of a hassle than just driving up to the hobby shop and getting the parts quicker. Besides, I want to support my LHS. They've been going out of their way for years to help me and its only natural to give them continued business. This is good to keep our hobby alive and going well.

Oh wait, maybe I am just a "retard"...

Last edited by Dan; 01-11-2003 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

And to fuel this more.

Serpent is only so dear in America because it is being shipped from Europe. Here most Yokomo parts are a lot more expensive that Serpent parts.

It all depends on where you live and where the parts are made.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Initiate

I know its not identical. I was just making a example. What i was trying to say is dont expect to pay small price for a big price car. Its going to be more expensive even thought its the same identical part. So expect to spend money when you have a $500 car. ITs as easy as that. And its common sense.

i know shit happends but you cant blame anyone but yoyrself when crash. Plus if lhs dont have parts, online shops are everywhere so i dont think parts availability is a big deal now in year 2003. YOu want to support your lhs, its your choice but what i was trying to say is parts availability is not a big issue anymore for any brand out there include crap like smartech. So its not a issue to worry about when it comes to choose to car.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Cool

Well put Nakamura......

It shouldn't really matter if you have the money to begain with!!
Old 01-13-2003, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

I know its not identical. I was just making a example. What i was trying to say is dont expect to pay small price for a big price car. Its going to be more expensive even thought its the same identical part. So expect to spend money when you have a $500 car. ITs as easy as that. And its common sense.

i know shit happends but you cant blame anyone but yoyrself when crash. Plus if lhs dont have parts, online shops are everywhere so i dont think parts availability is a big deal now in year 2003. YOu want to support your lhs, its your choice but what i was trying to say is parts availability is not a big issue anymore for any brand out there include crap like smartech. So its not a issue to worry about when it comes to choose to car.
Parts availability online is crap when you break a front right upper A-arm in the second qualifier and realize that, crap, you only have front left upper and front right lower A-arms so you are completely SOL for the main. There isn't any way that you can get online to Stormer's or someone and get delivery in 20 minutes, now is there. . .

BTW, just to correct your "well-informed-ness" - while the MRX-3 may be $500, the MTX-3 is $350 while the GT-4 is $300. Not a huge difference. Parts are also similar.

Nak - "you cant blame anyone but yoyrself when crash" - not much consolation when you get T-boned by someone else and you break above front right upper A-arm. . .

Dan's point is far far better founded in the reality of RC driving than is yours.

Dan - you're not the retard. . .trust me.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Well Well Well... $200 and thats not a big difference? Man, i cant wait to enter the "adult" world. Money are everywhere i guess.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:34 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

$200 difference between MRX-3 and GT4. Not the MTX-3.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Tech Initiate

ok.. so $150 and $50 difference. Still a lot. I am not make off money like you people are.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Default I must be a retard to DAN. lol

I guess i must be a retard too.

I wanted to run an STS Pro 10 this year but parts aren't available in my country.
Dang, I could always order online from one of the other European countries. But thats not much use to me when I'm at a meeting and when I also race every weekend. Most overseas purchases take at least 5 working days.

Get real.

Dan, your not a retard
Old 01-14-2003, 02:02 PM
Tech Initiate

1. how can you get a car at first place if there is no parts support ie no exclusive distributors bring in the brand? If there is car, then there must have parts. Just might not be in your area.

2. IF you are in a race, just buy from whoever host or near the race. IF someone does run into you, too bad. Its true that You cant buy online but the host lhs might not have all the parts too. It goes both way. Even lhs does have parts. Lets say someone run into you. I am sure races wont wait for you to dirve 10miles, buy a parts, install it, test it make sure it works..etc.

Its very clear that i was referring to during bashing purpose only not during race. But what the hell, i am going to be pick on anyways.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

i do love a good arguement

answer the original question of thread serpent 705 should be a tough car to beat

you could also look at mtx-3 but we dont all have to drive the same car

i was going to get the 705 untill i saw mtx-3 and since i was already a mugen fan i went ahead and got it

serpent does have advantages though in the fact some of the parts are somewhat interchangeable throughout theyre entire product line and they seem to sell upgrade kits so that your old car can be updated

i have heard that it is a very durable car too

oh yeah im also a retard

not only does it matter what the lhs has in stock but what the other racers have so that parts can be got even when store doesnt have them

i wish i could stop wrecking and breaking parts maybe if i build a bumper all the way around the car so it can never break i think more stuff gets broken in practice then racing i strongly support a seperation by driver skill and even the better drivers could use a lesson in patience then we would never break and they wouldnt even need to sell replacement parts
Old 01-14-2003, 02:11 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

If you're bashing, $50 may mean more but not really a lot when you start racing. A set of tires will set you back at least $40-50. And usually you need more than 1 set of tires for different track conditions. Then factor in cost of spare parts in case of an accident. Factor in race fees, about $15 for me for one class and $10 for an extra class. Make that $25 then. That nearly doubles the cost for spare parts because I run two cars. Not to mention running about close to 1/2 of my gallon of fuel when the day is over. And you say $50 is a lot? Shipping from ordering online adds up over time and you still have to wait. I show up to the races with roughly about $1,500 worth of cars and equipment invested. And I still wished I had a tire truer, Hudy setup gauges of my own, and a bunch of extra foam tires. There are lot of guys who spent tons more money than me and much better prepared. Everyone actually ends up losing money. Why do we do this then? Because its FUN.

$50 is not a lot when considering a car for racing. Most of the guys at the track choose the car that is easy to get parts for and performs well. Cost is not a major factor since there are already people dumping more money into hopups (i'm guilty of this as well.) The field is full of Kyosho, Yokomo, NTC3, Mugen, but very few Serpents.

BTW, I am not made of money, although I wish I was. 95% of all my RC stuff is paid by myself from working.

modellor, Boomer, I knew there were other people who thought the same.

Edit: Oops, typed a bit too slow and too late. Point still stands.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

To start with, when I buy a car I buy it from America so I would obviously be giving my money to Mr Calandra.

Secondly, the STS distributor in the UK is only dealing the engines because he doesn't want to tread on Serpents toes and sell an identical car so parts are not available at all.

Even LHS's keep parts - I agree. But they can't keep parts or get parts that aren't being distributed.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

i find it even hard to believe you have 2 cars worth only 1500

im sure they were more than that

ive probably got 1500 in my 1/8 buggy and then some

i know ive got well over 1000 in my mtx-3 alone

i carry somewhere between 300-500 worth of spare parts and still its the thing you dont have you will need every time

and at least 100 in tires

and i thought we were talking about 2 different race cars on this thread not driving hpi rs4 up our street and back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.