Wiki Posts
Search

AMB Transponder Cloning

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_destructo
I need to order (2) unique PT's. One for me and one for my son. What do I need to order from the website? How do I let them know that I need two unique #'s? I'm ready to order. Says discounts for 10+. How uch cheaper are they?
5% discount for 10 and free shipping. That's what I've done.

Order Custom PTXs and you'll get 2 unique numbers.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can someone post instructions how I can change the stored numbers on my ptx. I misplaced mine

Thank you
Old 03-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

How to change the ID Number: with PTX connected (LED is on) press and hold the setup button until the LED flashes. The number of flashes displays the ID that is set (also press and hold the setup button to switch between number SET 1 & 2). With the LED flashing in 'setup' mode to change the ID number press and release setup button until the required ID is selected (ID 1-10 "flash" or 1-10 "flicker-flash") then disconnect PTX from power to complete the ID number selection.
Custom / Cloned ID Number selection: sets custom/cloned number (if available) press and hold the setup button and then connect the PTX, the LED will display a "constant flicker-flash", disconnect PTX to complete selection of custom/cloned ID. *To select new custom ID (if available) follow instructions for selection as described and then continue to hold. After 'warning reset flashes' custom ID is set to a new ID.
*Note: WARNING! If custom ID is reset a new ID will replace the previous ID
(after ID reset pass PTX over AMBrc/AMBrc3 loop to display new custom ID)
Old 03-14-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

This is what my manual looked like.
Do'nt know if those listed PTX-numbers will be the same on yours, but offcourse it does discribes the method to use.

page 1:

page 2:

Old 03-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I try to contact MRT, I sent 2 or 3 email since the last 2 weeks and I have not received any reply yet...

I read about MRT fast service in this thread

Is there someone who know if there is a problem with them?

I'm really interest in there product but our track will open for the summer season in about a month, so I need to take a decision fast to know if I go with AMD or MRT for our club transponder...

Ronald
CrazyRonny
www.crazyrcshop.com
Old 03-20-2009, 05:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Ronald, our internet has been off so we're behind with replying to emails. We now have a FAQ page with information on the rclaps website which should help with answers.

I would like to reply personally to everyone and keep up our fast service, but the reality is we have been overwhelmed with orders and enquiries. We really do appreciate having so many enquiries and our transponders being popular. Hopefully the FAQ will help with most things we get asked without the need for sending emails with lots of questions.

The turn around time for orders is currently around a week plus the shipping time after processing, packing and despatch. Apologies to anyone waiting for their order, we're getting orders shipped out to everyone as fast as possible. When ordering custom made transponders or clones extra time should be allowed, it's often 10 to 14 days to turn these orders around, the transponders are custom made to order and not kept in stock ready for immediate despatch.

As you may have found I'm not on rctech regularly these days, any help (other than reading the PTX FAQ Page) send an email to me at [email protected]

Terry S
Old 04-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

For those that have doubts about MRTs. Don't, because they work fine.

Ronny, this is Paco. Terry has a good item here. I've been using them for about a year now and absolutely love them. Not one problem and with them being smaller than AMBs it is easier to find a mounting place for them. I have since sold all my AMBs except for the one I had cloned.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

what scoring system do you use at your track? we use jlap. im one of two guys here in the U.S. at my local track the have these PT's coming. the first time i saw the PTX it was in a RC mag, it was on a mbx6 during the buggy's testing.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCworks216
what scoring system do you use at your track? we use jlap. im one of two guys here in the U.S. at my local track the have these PT's coming. the first time i saw the PTX it was in a RC mag, it was on a mbx6 during the buggy's testing.
You want the hardware or the software. Paco and I have run the PTX at several onroad and offroad tracks here in SoCal. Most if not all use the AMB hardware and various different configurations of timings loops. I can't say if any use the JLaps software but the transponder hits should record just like the original. No issues at all with the PTX.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

i have one on the way. im reading this thread for more info. look like the makers are on to something.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Just sent my transponder in to clone and am looking forward to the smaller footprint.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok .... I've finally decided to try these out.

I do however have a question:

Is there a cloned only PTX, one with just the cloned AMB #, or do all the clones come with the 20 #s + the cloned AMB #?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

That was the PT-i which has been discontinued as far as I know. These work great and they won't just change the number if you are concerned with that. Just set it and forget it. It's that simple. Still love my PTXs and have since sold all my AMBs except the one that's been cloned.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

anyone know the max voltage a amb transponder can take. what to hook a small 800mah 7.4 lipo straight to it with its own on/off switch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.