Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:50 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Please keep your personal issues to your self and them person you adress them to...that's why we have PMs. We dont go around thrashing others in public like you're doing here...its not classy bro..dont ake this the wrong way, either...just letting you know that comments like these should be done via PM...

I'm thinking of getting a TM car soon...I'l comapre it my awesome Type R and see which is best...the Losi will be hard to beat, though
So far they have not answered any of the posts from people with ligit questions. Team B&B made a nice post asking real spot on questions that any company could answer if it is serious.

The other post just called them out and again if the company really cared they would answer that as well. From other posts TM said they would now distribute to the US so now all of a sudden they have a a so called US distributor.

All good questions when looking to hand over 4 to 5 hundred bucks on a touring car only to find zero support for the product. All the top companies on Tech can easily answer questions that have been posted about with ease so I 'm not understanding why they can't. Seems funny to me and apparently many others.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i agree , and i will be comparing the car to my type r this weekend too
Which kit did you get?

Seems like the TME4 might be able to handle mod power with those alum diffs
Old 02-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
So far they have not answered any of the posts from people with ligit questions. Team B&B made a nice post asking real spot on questions that any company could answer if it is serious.

The other post just called them out and again if the company really cared they would answer that as well. From other posts TM said they would now distribute to the US so now all of a sudden they have a a so called US distributor.

All good questions when looking to hand over 4 to 5 hundred bucks on a touring car only to find zero support for the product. All the top companies on Tech can easily answer questions that have been posted about with ease so I 'm not understanding why they can't. Seems funny to me and apparently many others.
Well, I think that if one has questions, one can ask in a well mannered respectfull style...some are just attacking the guy for some reason and taking out their problems publicly...that's different. I guess they can try PMs or e-mail, or call the shop. They have a website and number posted on there...give them a day or two...they might be loaded with e-mails of messages- who knows...I'd try calling, too...maybe someone who knows the area can go and check out the shop and personally speak with the owner?

Any ways...will you be getting one?
Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I can see the one post being out of line to an extent. I think what Team B&B posted what done correctly and constructively without any type of bashing.

No new TM car in my future. I will just sit back and see how you and Marco fair with them.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
I can see the one post being out of line to an extent. I think what Team B&B posted what done correctly and constructively without any type of bashing.

No new TM car in my future. I will just sit back and see how you and Marco fair with them.
Yeah...that Type R vs E4 experiment will be fun...might be a sign of things to come now that Lipo is finally legalized.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:31 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Yeah...that Type R vs E4 experiment will be fun...might be a sign of things to come now that Lipo is finally legalized.
True. Maybe you can find an old HPI Pro 3 Hara edition to throw in the mix. That version was a really nice looking car.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Congratulations! i hope it turns out really nice...

Now we'll bombard you with a few questions...

Which kit did you get?
how was the building process? Parts quality, fit and finish?
Better room for electronics than the Type R?
Have you done a test run, yet?
Is it more reactive than the Type R?
Easy to work on?
well i didnt build the kit i got it from a friend of mine , and he "knows" how to put a kit together Its the first Edition kit. The quality of the car is great and the finish.

I think it has alot more room for the electronics compared to the type r.
I will run it for the first time tomorow(maybe) but for sure sunday

The car is easy to work on about the same as the type r.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

here is my E4

Old 02-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Suspended

Hello yyhayyim: I understand what you are saying and no disrespect attended, so I edited my last post and little so it did not offend anybody that might read this.
But, I know for fact what I am talking about and I am not going to read this forum and read false advertising from someone that is trying to make his new company sound like it is a well knowledgeable r/c business that does religious testing, just to try to fool the average racer that he said he is trying to help. I will stick up for my friends and their local r/c business that they have worked hard to establish that truly helps the customer with integrity. I have become close to the locals in that area and know what is going on.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

We will be happy to answer any questions related to Team Magic products. Questions about our business plan, financial arrangements or contracts are frankly nobody's business and will not be addressed. The location of our warehouse where we store the bulk of our product is NEVER going to be relased. It would be stupid to do so. We saw a lot of people that were hurting and feeling abandoned. We stepped in to help people with their investments in TeamMagic products.

One thing that is important is the question of how long are we going to be around. All I can say is that we are in it for the long haul. We get weekly shipments by air and regular container shipments by sea. Our list of dealers is increasing daily. We even have dealer in Canada. We are shipping worldwide (Europe, South america and even South Africa). In the past two months we have logged thousands of miles visiting and signing dealers and giving demo rides. This weekend we will be at the Northwest Hobby Expo near Seattle. We are talking to track owners around the country about putting on and co-sponsoring events. On-Road, Off-road and we are also putting together a drifting event in Florida. As for team drivers. It is something we plan to do but it is a little premature to put a team together.

If you had a bad experience in the past with Team Magic products, distributors, dealers or whatever, so did I. I feel for you but I can't fix what someone else did. Rather than bash on the internet I stepped up to the plate and did something.

If you don't own a Team Magic car I don't understand why you are posting anyway and I certainly can't help you. There is no benefit to anyone and it puts a damper on everyone else's good time. "Bashing" is really just gossip. Sorry but I don't have the time for that. The only real advantage is that we have received many emails of support from customers, owners and prospective owners and even made a few sales so thanks for that. I guess the expression: "There's no such thing as bad publicity" is true.

If you own a Team Magic kit and need parts, or if you want more information We can and will help you in any way possible. It is a good product and is gaining popularity on its own merits and we are doing everything within our abilities to promote it.

If you need a Team Magic part or kit we will do what we can to help you. If you have a local hobby shop that you would like to have carry Team Magic please let us know. We will contact them (If we haven't already) and see if we can get them on board.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wolf Hobbies

The E4FS and E4RS are designed to be LiPo friendly. Unfortunately there is no form factor standard for lipos to follow so it is not possible to predict which batteries will fit.
ROAR did release dimensions for lipo batteries in a 3mm range. It doesnt account for where the plugs exit and things like that but I guess you could answer if packs in that range would fit.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Internet Expert

My first message was edited several times. I want to give Wolf Hobbies the benefit of the doubt without being unnecessarily critical. Wolf Hobbies seem to have an uphill battle due to Team Magic's past blunders. I would not waist my time on this forum unless I wish small changes were made to make the product successful.

The bottom line is: If my local hobby shop can buy the E4, stock parts, and provide service, then I would buy this car today. I have been searching for an alternative to the Losi Type R for several months. A well balanced car that can house a heavy brushless motor and a light LiPo battery with the XRAY like quality, service and support is all that I am asking for.

The local hobby shop knows how to ask the right questions from a distributer before they decide to stock and support a brand. They can't hide behind a web site or telephone from irate customers.

I will wait until I see the E4 sitting on the counter of my local hobby shop. I will forward Wolf Hobbies number to my local Hobby shop to see if they can get in the products.

Thanks for having the "keyboard courage" to tell us about the E4 general availability.

If we can't know your physical address, at least post a picture of your smiling face holding the E4.

Last edited by TeamB&B; 02-05-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Suspended

Thanks guys for the good reading material, I will not post on this thread any longer, it is probably just starting to waste your time for you guys to read. I think now it has proved its all funny stuff with no true answers. I had to bring out the truth behind everything that has been brought out in the open first by wolf hobbies and you can see that wolf hobbies is ducking behind the questions from everybody. I am sure that they will be able to answers some of the questions asked in the next 24 hours, they are still thinking on stories for the first 20 hours of questions asked. All he did was bring up financials, nobody really cares, so great answer. If this was a bash only, I can see everybody getting a little offended and pissed off, but they are true honest facts brought out in the open and have not been addressed or truthfully by wolf hobbies. I feel that nobody should be told stories to boost their company to make sales that we all might be buying product from, specially a Distributor.

I am out of here…..
Old 02-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Looking good. What battery is that?

Last edited by Tomradio; 02-05-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

wow, now maybe this thread can get back on track!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.