Wiki Posts
Search

Funny picture!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Arrow Funny picture!!!

So, 16 plus minutes into the 20 minute A-main.... I am a lap down on first and a lap up on third so just pushing hard enough so that if first place crashes or has a problem, I'll be there to capitalize when out of the blue-traction roll, car does one flip onto its lid and goes 35 -40 mph backwards into the pinned down 2x4 boards!!! Loud crack-DOH!!!

Car is half over boards, but body is inside out and flipped over like an omlette!!! Heres the funny results!!!!HOpe you enjoy the pic!!!
Attached Thumbnails Funny picture!!!-bad-crash1.jpg  
Old 09-03-2002, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Yup-broke both ears of the shock towers off and left them attached to the body with the shocks attached. It's hilarious!! The best thing is the car is in perfect shape other than that!!! New shock tower, one shock ball end and its RTR again!!!
Attached Thumbnails Funny picture!!!-bad-crash2.jpg  
Old 09-03-2002, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default OUCH,

gotta love the TC3....
Old 09-03-2002, 06:41 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Looks like you need to use weaker body post pins....then you can have an "ejecting" shell look!!!!

hahaha....good one!!!!!
Old 09-03-2002, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

Unhappy Race Ohio

Yup-and the race was going so well up till then!!! I was not the fastest, but was good. Car was tipping a little first lap or two-then settled down. Then just flipped over!! I think maybe I was a little wide entering corner and went full lock to get car to apex and that extra force traction roled the car. Bummer!!!
Old 09-03-2002, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey man,
where do you race? mentor? i've been up there these last few weeks. which club? later.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Arrow MORR!!!

Hello,

I race with the MORR club, which races at the Great Lakes Mall parking lot. Next race is the Midwest Series event on September 7th and 8th. Hope to see you there!!!

Ray

where do you race? mentor?
Old 09-03-2002, 09:28 AM

Pinned 2x4s huh? Pinned for the whole track or just the outer boards? My only experience with a pinned board track taught me to bring a lot of spares and to inspect the car extra carefully if you hit anything. I can see how you're compressing the toe links now. It sounds as if the MORR track has a lot of traction, what do you expect it to be like this weekend? better? Also how is wear compared to Toledo?
Old 09-03-2002, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Default Some pinned some not!!!

The track has both pinned and not pinned sections. The ends of the boards are not pinned so you can hit them and go on (and block the track for those chasing behind you!!!)

MORR has less traction because they just laid the seal down and we have only run on it once. Tire wear is higher than Toledo. But I fully expect by Saturday night, the MORR track will be very grippy and tire wear will go way down.

I was going to test and see if I could make my car work on harder front and rear tires to combat tire wear in 20 minute main, but I dont think it'll work.