Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Guys I'll be testing a prototype BMI (FK05') Chassis within
the next few weeks. Keep checking the BMI thread for reports.

Mike
Old 03-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Butter,

Will Jason be doing an asphalt and carpet spec top deck? It'll be great if he does a 3mm chassis like the optional XRAy one and includes a wide top deck for carpet spec.

Dom
Old 03-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

OK, I'm a little confused with this fk05 thing. it's my first xray kit. what is the difference between the adjustable front sway bar kit and the standard front sway bar kit? I don't think I've seen anyone run anything but the standard swaybar on an xray. and what about the optional front shock tower for foam tires? what's the deal with that?
Old 03-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

I believe you were looking at the old original T1 sway bar kit as the "adjustable" one. That used to mount on the lower hingepin and arms of the org T1, ala 1/8th blade style front sway.

Dom
Old 03-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dom,

at this time even I don't know what Jason has in store!!! LOL!!! But if I know him, he will only put out the best product possible. I will mention it to him either way....

Butter
Old 03-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by TreyDog
OK, I'm a little confused with this fk05 thing. it's my first xray kit. what is the difference between the adjustable front sway bar kit and the standard front sway bar kit? I don't think I've seen anyone run anything but the standard swaybar on an xray. and what about the optional front shock tower for foam tires? what's the deal with that?
the blade style is the "adjustable front sway kit" I had one on my evo2, but i havent seen anyone else running them.

The foam shock tower allowed you to run bigger wheels at low ride heights... (i think) Not sure if its needed on the FK05 or not
Old 03-26-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The adjustable is for the older xrays kits. its simular to a gas car sway bar. The adjustable will not fit a factory 04 or 05. The carpet tower features new shock positions for better suspension adjustment, this allows you to use 56 and 57mm tires.
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TeamButter
Dom,

at this time even I don't know what Jason has in store!!! LOL!!! But if I know him, he will only put out the best product possible. I will mention it to him either way....

Butter
Yes, most definitely! I would rather pay around $80 for a BMI top deck and chassis, then probably $90 for the 3mm XRAY chassis and another $30 for the wide carpet top deck.

Dom
Tech Master

thanks for the info guys... i have this great looking box of xray parts and can't even start building it. have to go out and get metric wrenches.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TreyDog
thanks for the info guys... i have this great looking box of xray parts and can't even start building it. have to go out and get metric wrenches.
not realy.. all you need is a 5/64 and a 1.5mm xacto. and your in there
Old 03-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Andy C
First what size 64 pitch spur gear will fit and what brand? I thought I saw that some brands doen't fit. second is has anyone raced it on rubbei tire carpet with the stock setup yet and how is it?
The PRS 112 spur is the exact same size as the 48P that comes with the car and it doesn't rub like the Kimbrough. EA Motorsports and others sell them online.

I haven't run it personally with rubber tires on carpet, but I can just about bet that the white springs are too soft. Probably be better off with dark blue and violet.

Originally posted by Korgae
1)Fill the shock to the top, remove the air and re fill to the brim of the shock body. Then screw the cap on all the way to it is tight. (your shock will be hydro locked with the shaft fully extended)

2) release the bottom plastic cartridge ( the HUDY shock tool was designed for this) and then compress the shaft all the way in and let it rebound out to where it stops on its own. (oil will bleed out during this) re tighten the bottom cartridge and you should have a perfect shock that is very repeatable, meaning it is easy to get all 4 to reacte the same.

As for more or less rebound, I have been playing with the XRAY foam inserts or shock O rings, these ofcourse fit under the bladder and make a noticable difference.
That's exactly right Korgae, but let me add one thing...
After assembly, turn the shock over and let it sit for 20-30 minutes with the shaft pointing up before you release the o-ring cap on the bottom. This lets any residual air bubbles in the shock work their way up towards the o-ring. Then when you looen the o-ring cap and compress the shaft into the shock it will push the air out along with the excess oil. Also, if you push the shaft in until the threads are about even with the opening in the cap, count 10 seconds then push the cap back on and lock it, it releases about the right amount of oil to where the shaft will push out halfway and pull back in about halfway or thereabouts.

Originally posted by NVisible
this is pretty much what im waiting on. Should be interesting to see what he'll come up with
I'm sure he will make the slots nice for you tape lovers. However, Jason is a pretty smart businessman (R/C stuff is just for fun to him) and I'm willing to bet when he sees everyone is frustrated with the price of the Xray battery strap, he'll come up with a pimp one for a good price. Just think, those that buy a sweet battery strap this week might be back to buy a whole chassis kit next week.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by TeamButter
Hey Guys I'll be testing a prototype BMI (FK05') Chassis within
the next few weeks. Keep checking the BMI thread for reports.

Mike
FACTORIA!!! FACTORIA!!!!!

FULL FACTORY BABY!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid
Ask Losi! That is if you can get a straight answer from them!

Honestly, I have not decided on the FK05 as of yet, which is why I was gathering information and listening to what people who have the car have to say. I would still prefer to get the Losi, but what can I do if they wont release the car and wont even talk to us about whats going on.

So right now my s&*% is all up in the air. I've been planning since last Oct. to get the Losi, and now I (like many others who have already given up waiting) am forced to consider other options. And the Xray is one of those options I'm considering along with the Mi2, and new Yokomo BD.

I haven't completely given up yet....but if I'm going to get racing anytime soon, I gotta start looking at a back up plan...

Needless to say, I'm not thrilled in the least to be in this situation...
Nice to hear someone else is in my same situation ...actually even after the Losi comes out I'm gonna wait "a spell" to see how it works in the hands of "mere mortals" ...I'm really impressed at how the fk05 works in these "mere mortals" hands ...there's quiet a few racers I run with that gave up waiting on the Losi and picked up the fk05 instead ....I'm "that close" to doing it myself
Old 03-27-2005, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

hi guys going to run my FK tom on an asphalt track. wanted to share pics of my car before i run it.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by PhatPat
The adjustable is for the older xrays kits. its simular to a gas car sway bar. The adjustable will not fit a factory 04 or 05. The carpet tower features new shock positions for better suspension adjustment, this allows you to use 56 and 57mm tires.
lol 56 how bout plastic 55mm wore. can someone actually quote the diameter of trc rim w/o any foam?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.