Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

B74 vs Eb410

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 06:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default B74 vs Eb410

Is the b74 as durable as the tekno I like the 4 wheel drive aspect but the tekno looks more durable
Old 07-10-2019, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antman219
Is the b74 as durable as the tekno I like the 4 wheel drive aspect but the tekno looks more durable
Both cars are 4wd. They are just different layouts and designs. The Tekno is cheaper but comes with less premium parts and less tunablity. It needs more parts besides what comes in the box to be competitive. Mainly front sway bars. The b74 comes with multiple sway bars and more carbon and aluminum parts but it is more expensive. Personally I would go with a b74 but either one could be competitive.
​​​​​
Old 07-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I see my tekno friends with spares for everything including bulkheads. Oh plus the chassis wears out where it gets real thin and can crack. New cars are thicker here I guess. Its still a weak point though.

I bought a used nice b64 and ran the crap out of it and broke 2 front arms and 1 rear. The rear was my fault and the 2 fronts were from hitting wrecked cars on the straight away I couldn't see (blocked by marshal/pole). Well I killed a few spur gears but you should use AE/Reedy pinions as they are wider to match the spur gear. Also the B64 is as fast or a little faster than the EB410 on dirt, and has won tons of carpet races. A good buddy of mine switched from the 410 to the 64 and went faster as its easier to drive.

My B74 looks even tougher. I have about 12 packs on it and its had some hard pipe hits already zero issues, and everything looks and feels stronger than the 64. Also its faster in every way and the setup doesn't have 2 years of development like the B64. The B74 is the top of the line car out right now. Everything is adjustable and when you adjust things it shows on track. Its fast and smooth right out of the box and every pack I've ran on it has been great. I don't see the need for spares much beyond the arms and hubs and spur gears I have now. I have no concerns minus huge wrecks that would break any car.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:53 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

interesting, haha , which would be better for a hard packed , dusty to blue groove? 8th scale jumps.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

I recommende u to ask RazorRC about this... He got both cars. You can also checkout his youtube channel for his review. But i highly suggest u ask him personally
Old 07-11-2019, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a1
interesting, haha , which would be better for a hard packed , dusty to blue groove? 8th scale jumps.
Still the B74. It will be adjustable to any condition, and there are team drivers posting setups on those types of tracks. Petit rc has them now as they are being developed they post more. And one of the biggest improvements the 74 has over the 64 is the longer shocks help the car jump and land better. That will definitely show on a larger out door track.

Also keep in mind the 410 is very small and crowded chassis. Its hard to package electronics and they only fit in one place really. The 74 is open and flexible and easy to work on. Everything fit perfectly and was super high quality when I was building it as well.
a1 likes this.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't own a b74, so I can't comment.

The Tankno is very durable. But no car is immune to breakage.

I'm not sure what tunability people have mentioned that can be done on ab74, and not an eb410, suffer from the optional sway bar in front, which I haven't needed yet.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I have both, and will always be a Tekno fan and they did a GREAT job on their first 1/10 car. The next will be even better im sure. B74 hands down, durable, tunability, build is perfect, and comes with all carbon, tini shafts, etc. So where its priced at is just right.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jon003
I don't own a b74, so I can't comment.

The Tankno is very durable. But no car is immune to breakage.

I'm not sure what tunability people have mentioned that can be done on ab74, and not an eb410, suffer from the optional sway bar in front, which I haven't needed yet.
The ae car has diff height and hub height adjustment and more fine tunable chassis flex with the carbon spines.
​​​​​​
Old 07-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

I drove the crap out of the eb410, and now have a b74. I race High-bite indoor clay. In a way, it is apples and oranges. I think of the eb410 more like a Dart. It takes monster jumps well. If you start sliding in the corners, apply more gas. I think of the b74, more like a refined 2wd with more traction. Outdoor Dirt (that I have not raced on), I would think the eb410 would have an edge. Indoor high bite or carpet, b74 all the way.

Out of the box, I believe the b74 is smoother, and stronger. I don't miss replacing bulkheads on the eb410.

Another factor may be where you race. Big 1/8 scale track, maybe there is more support for the eb410/et410 and maybe even make a Shortcourse out of one. It is nice there are about 95% of the same parts. et410 Trugy, is a fun beast.
FastPete and a1 like this.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

XB4, enough said. Tune-ability, quality, durable, fast anywhere/everywhere. No lack of set-ups for every condition/surface.
rcgod and rippen like this.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default I'm in the same boat....

I'm having the same dilemma, trying to decide which of these to build right now.... or possibly even a CHEAP used B64D....
. Was leaning to the EB410 just for price, but the cramped layout, amd descriptions of how it drives with the forward weight bias has me leaning more toward the 74 now....especially after watching some eb410 more closely after a few chats at the races.... i could definitely see the rear of the eb410 looking unsettled a lot after I knew what I was looking for...
. I'm going to be building one for next outdoor season, so uabe a bit of time....but right now I'm leaning towards the 74, and excited to see what the new TLR looks like when it comes out....

Please let me know what you decided and how it's going....
Old 10-11-2019, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

I've been running my B74 quite a bit. 13.5 and indoor clay. Not broke a thing. I still have my Eb410's, but they now run Truggy and Shortcourse. I still feel the same. B74 is stronger, and more adjustable for different surfaces. Eb410 is a blast to drive, and probably could hold it own outdoor on dirt. Eb410 made into a Truggy and even a shortcourse, a blast to run. But no way I'm going back to running a eb410 indoor Clay or high bite. B74 is a beast. With that said, I have had my B74 beaten by a eb410. It just seems overall the B74's are dominate over the b64, eb410 and Belted Losi. Not sure about the others, as they are mostly ran by Pro's.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I own the eb. Never driven a b74 or any ae for that matter. One thing to consider is that this platform is Teknos first attempt at 1/10 scale.(and its a pretty damn good car) The development of the eb started 5-6 years ago. They'res only 6 people in the company.... They definitely do the r&d..From the time they were first developing ebuggy conversions till today is not a very long time considering the amount of success they have achieved. Seriously. I dont run 8 scale but Im a huge fan. They're truck is a monster. Also with the new 2.0 buggy they are really pushing the limits of design. In fact, thats one of their main focuses. To be different. They've campaigned in the uk and have a decent size team there as well. All 7 -8 years. Daniel Lewis is a very forward thinking business man. He emphasizes on developing his young drivers as he believes the youth is the future of this hobby/ sport. As far as eb410vs b74, cant say, but what is evident is that Tekno is very successful in the local levels, and developing as a company and if the eb410 cant hang with the b74, consider it another way. Teknos first 1/10 scale platform vs 50 years of experience.
RCSteveH likes this.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just get both and call it a day.

Both will break if you crash hard.
As for lap times, it all depends on your driving skills.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.