Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Which do you feel is the best 3 port engine and why it stacks up against the rest? >

Which do you feel is the best 3 port engine and why it stacks up against the rest?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which do you feel is the best 3 port engine and why it stacks up against the rest?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

I'm looking to get a new nitro car and i'm still deciding on what to get but i'de also like to know what engine you guys feel out performs best . My choice of cars are the NTC3 , or the MTX-3 or -4 or the R-40 a maybe the the serpent! i'm trying to do the home work for an enjoyable and competative ride!I'de appreciate your help on this matter! in my past ive always went with OS reliability.Also what pipe would you tune with!
Old 07-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

The mugen seiki X12 is the best and still the fastest motor out there My frind Uriah Murnan modified mine and this thing screams he sells his modified X12 for $370 and stock for $290. O and always go with the mugen cars too!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grasshopperr
The mugen seiki X12 is the best and still the fastest motor out there My frind Uriah Murnan modified mine and this thing screams he sells his modified X12 for $370 and stock for $290. O and always go with the mugen cars too!!!!!!!!!

Im just curious, and im not doubting the enigne, but when i look at some past roar winners and ifmar winners, its alot of SIRIO and NOVAROSSI. people constantly talk about some good engines on here but i never see these two companies mentioned much. im not saying the muran and all arent good, but why do i not see them as past winners? its confusing the hell out of me, seriously.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Uriah Murnan is a guy in Georgia (I think). He is a one man modifier and a lot of people have been very satisfied with his engine work. The Mugen X12 is an engine that Novarossi OEM's for Mugen. Pretty much any of the Novarossi based engines will give you a fast engine, good reliability, and easy tuning. The new OS engine seems to be quite good. Not a lot of data on longevity and of course many people disagreeing as to if it has the top speed of the novarossi. So far, it seems to be a good engine. If you want a sure thing, get a novarossi. On the sirio: I can tell you that the major reason they won the worlds was simply a matter of better prep. They did a lot of testing, tuning and work to optimize the engine and pipe combo with the 16% nitro limit. I am not saying it is not a good engine, but the novarossi is a sure thing.

Out of the cars that you have listed, I would go with a Mugen if where you race has available parts. With the new car coming, you are kind of coming in at a tough time. The NTC3 is a fast car, but fragile. I have never driven or even raced against the HPI, so I will not comment. The serpent is not a bad car, but parts are less available, and most people I know that have them, say they are more sensitive to setup as well as losing their setup easily.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for the input and keep it coming , ide like to hear more opinions from more nitro racers because the investment is high so ide like to make the right choice !Yes i have to agree the Novarossi is a great engine but i also have been hearing good points about the Sirio. Would the Cevec pipe be the choice for these engines ?
Old 07-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

if you have the funds, i would say get the manufacture pipe with the same maufactuer engine. i havent bought a pro race engine yet, but im postivie i will not get anything besides novarossi or sirio. alot of dudes speak with heart about the x12 muran so that sounds like a real good modfied. you can get the evo 3 from sirio and the pipe for about 300 from www.rcmart.com . its not exactly 300 put close to that, ya know.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Try this Nova base New N12LL3 modified by M.SPEED
Old 08-01-2005, 04:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just about all engines can be tuned to perform great, my STS D3R still beats some standard Nova's i have. The by far best engine i have for the moment is the JP FX12 T3, awsome bottom and nearly unbelievable top end. Too bad nearly every racer has modified engines these days so it's all a matter of needle tuning, gearing and clutch adjustments
Old 08-01-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

I'll agree with Sparx.

A good tune, gearing, and clutch setup will go alot further than a all out motor. I'm am quite happy with the Mugen X12 motor, as I can keep up with some very modded motors on the back straight of my home track.

Once you learn to tune a Novarossi motor, they tend to keep the tune pretty well. Same goes for the OS motors I've seen (though I haven't seen the new one, and probably won't at my track). I've seen Sirio's, but they always seem to have problems keeping a tune throughout a race day.

My advise, you don't really need a high hp motor to be fast around a track.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Rody RB V12....always seem to feature prominently in the A finals here.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

Keep em coming guys !
Old 08-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BatJam1
Keep em coming guys !
also do you have any links i could use to check out Engine modifiers!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

www.murnanmodified.360k.com/products.html x12
www.maxysfuel.com engine that won roar last year
there are others such as the rody v12 and jp modfied but those can be found at dealer sites such as www.rc-mushroom.com www.rcmart.com
Old 08-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://rbmods.net/home.php
Old 08-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks i'm gonna check them out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.