Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

I think he means the rear button head screws which are 4-40 but 7/16" in length. If this is the ones then all you have to do is use 1/2" screws with a washer that is 1/16" thick...or about there.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

I really don't know what he's talking about.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I think he means the rear button head screws which are 4-40 but 7/16" in length. If this is the ones then all you have to do is use 1/2" screws with a washer that is 1/16" thick...or about there.
Ahh, I think you're right. Good detective work.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

All I'm saying is that the screws in the kit that are 4/40 x 7/16 are not common at all .....at least not at the 15000 square foot fastner place that I shop at ....my tools work on all touring cars ....it would have been nice to have the same screw types as well ...in stead of the need to source out harder to find sizes and now to have to buy more wrenches to match the fastners that this kit uses.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Well, 1/12 is not touring car, and touring car is not 1/12..... Most of my tools will work on a traxxas, but not an e-savage. I'm sorry that the proper size fasteners to make car specific parts work are not available at your 15000 square foot mega fastener store. They are, however available at crc, I'd try there.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Do the owners no there being represented by a d@&k on the Internet lol ....talking like that with a CRC avatar really makes me want to by more CRC products ....how's that for sarcasm tuff guy !
Old 12-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

I found in my Xi there were a few screws that I could use longer ones and a few where I could use shorter ones in a pinch. 3/8" screws might work or as I mentioned earlier use 1/2" screws with a washer. Also those screws rarely need to come off the car so I wouldn't worry about stocking up on spares.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:09 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Do the owners no there being represented by a d@&k on the Internet lol ....talking like that with a CRC avatar really makes me want to by more CRC products ....how's that for sarcasm tuff guy !
CRC is a reputable house, but they are also very competitive. i suspect each fastener choice is a well thought out balance between durability and performance. By the way, my local hardware store 'Loveladies' in Torrance CA carries any and all required fasteners.

But more to the point, there is no need to be a drama queen, but it is becoming clear that 'theatriks' is mispelled but quite aprapo.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not trying to be a dick, dork, duck, dink, dank, or anything else, you are complaining about not being able to find a specific fastener for a specialized product. The local Walmart may have an automotive section, but that does not mean you find parts for every car. You may have to try an auto parts store, but they may not have what you are looking for either. Next, you would have to go to the dealer.

If you have had a Chevy for 20 years, then to buy a Nissan, you will also have to buy new tools to work on it for the same reason. That's all I'm saying.

The tools used for this car are a 1/16, 3/32, 5/64, and .050. These are standard imperial tools. If your tools don't fit, it's because your tools are metric. Most touring cars use metric tools because the are manufactured overseas where metric fasteners are more prevelant. Most 1/12 kits use imperial fasteners.

This reminds me of the issue a few months back when someone was upset that the kit did not contain a servo saver. These kind of things are prevelant in racing and have been for quite some time. I guess some us us have been around long enough that we know that is the way it is.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

While living in Asia, I have hard time finding standard screw locally, I run CRC since my first 1/12 car and love them. trying to convert other is HARD because people don't want to buy another set of tool for it and most LHS don't carry these tools at all.

Did CRC ever consider changing the fastener before ?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Try this tool it works for my CRC XTI ( associated Part #: 1655 ) its a great tool for both 1/12 and TC . Good luck and happy racing!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

one of my personal pet peeves is to not have the basic items needed for my cars. this includes tools and fasteners. to me the fasteners are everybit as important as a good motor or battery pack. when i bought my mbx6 i went through the manual and ordered 100 of each. when i bought my photon ex, i went through the manual and ordered 100 of each. 3 weeks ago i received my new xti and 2 weeks ago i went through the manual and bought 100 of each. i spend 40-50 dollars in gas and food to go to a race,15-20 dollars in race fees....don't really want to call it a day over a 50 cent fastener...
Old 12-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If you don't like it, go buy an Xray. That has some really weird fasteners on it.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kiwidave72
This new "altered ego" chassis sounds good. does anyone know when we will see this on the shop.

ive just purchased a xti, and will be running this on both a small asphalt followed by a large asphalt track at our nationals next year.

do people find the transverse layout better for asphalt, then inline??
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words here. The Xti has been a huge success and we thank all of you for the support. In the stock inline configuration, the car has won at all the big events so far in 2012; Vegas, Halloween Classic and the Indoor Champs.

The stock Xti has proven very quick with exceptional speed in the corners and through the chicanes. The true inline setup of the car really makes for a nimble machine. Maybe a bit too nimble for some, hence the "Altered Ego" chassis. The Altered Ego has some geometry "alterations" to mellow the car, making it a bit more stable and providing a more locked feeling to the rear end. Three different pieces make up an "Altered Ego"; chassis; rear lower plate, rear upper plate.

The car can be run inline or transverse, however, the geometry alterations do make for a tight fit between the 1s pack and the reversed servo in the inline configuration. I have run the car inline and it is awesome. However, only the smaller speedos make this possible. In the transverse position, the car has a ton of room to mount electronics and move the transverse cell back and forth.

In addition to the "Altered Ego" components, there is a new "solid" chassis available for the Xti using stock geometry, direct bolt-on. The new solid chassis incorporates the transverse "wings" much like the Altered Ego version. Also, all the new chassis (stock, solid and altered) have been beefed up as we have had some chassis breakage in the body mount area. This has been more of a problem for those who do not use a bumper.

These new parts were available at the hobby store during the Champs and should be on the site later today (Tuesday).

Other news is that replacement spare Slider pods are finally in stock and the latest batch is perfect. The slider pods have proven to be a bit difficult to make however, we really nailed them perfect with this latest run.

Thanks again... see ya at the track!

FC
Old 12-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
If you don't like it, go buy an Xray. That has some really weird fasteners on it.
If you mean the following 4 tools are weird ..
  • 1.5mm hex
  • 2.0mm hex
  • 2.5mm hex
  • 5.5mm socket driver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.