Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree19Likes

Nitro Fever

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Nitro Fever

I have several electric 1/8 scale cars and have been racing a few years but recently bought a nitro buggy and now I think I have the fever. I dont even care about running my electric cars anymore, all I can think about is figuring out how to put this buggy in the amain. The difference between electric and nitro is quite vast, currently I am focusing on figuring out how to tune and drive the car around the track without blowing corners. Sometimes i feel like i did 3 years ago when I started racing. It's a big challenge but so fun. Honestly I think my driving skills (electric) have improved overall in just the past few weeks. Great fun! Anyone that is thinking about it should dive in. You won't regret it.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:12 AM
Tech Champion

Heck yeah. Nitro is where its at.

Electric indoors is fun during the winter, but can't come close to the racing action that nitro provides.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nitro is fun but I don't have anybody to pit for me so I run electric.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Make some friends and help others pit if you can.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Right there with yall . I had nothing but nitros for the longest time. And than I got fed up with it for some reason I couldn't get it right with the . So I divorced my nitros and picked up electric . After 15 years I just put together a rc8b3.1 went to the track ripped it around and had a blast then I pulled out my brushless truggy and was bored so nitro I am back too
Old 05-13-2019, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Right there with ya. Nitro is a headache at times don't get me wrong but it's what makes it worthwhile. Kinda what I imagine having kids will be like.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:47 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Solico
Right there with ya. Nitro is a headache at times don't get me wrong but it's what makes it worthwhile. Kinda what I imagine having kids will be like.
im on my 14th year of nitro... nitro is worse than kids. however if you spend max coin on o.s, good servos and good quality gear etc its much better on the brain
Old 05-13-2019, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FloridaST
Ask someone. Most nitro drivers dont have their own dedicated pitman. we figure out when we get to the track. There should be no issue finding someone to pit. If there is at your local track, come race with us here in Colorado and we will show you hospitality. I just posted on FB. I got an ebuggy, ran it for 5mins, put it back in my car and started my nitro..... the fever is real.......
BrettL, snowninja and frewster like this.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FloridaST
tell one of those nubs lingering around to fill 'er back up
Old 05-14-2019, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Something about power-bands, clutches, BRAAAAPPP off the pipes, and the day you get the perfect tune for that race. Its hard to explain the sens of accomplishment when years of mechanical knowledge all come together with good driving, and then you lap the sh!t out of everybody. Nitro separates the mechanics and the dedicated from the "instant gratification people" in 1/8th racing. I'll admit I will be forced to build an electric rig because it is the trend, but I'll always love and remember my best days with nitro over the silent. sole-less electrics. Running long mains, and pitting with fuel guns is actually fun. Turn marshalling, and pit work are the sport part of the hobby. ..and for all the video game, lazy, soy boy. electric only drivers, go suck it! LOL! Its too noisy, its too smelly, its too dirty,... you all sound like a bunch of little b*tches! JK. This is a family channel so I'll go easy on you...

I started racing electrics in the 90's, so I guess its come full circle, all the way back to electrics. If you cant beat'em, join'em, but I'll never love it! LOL!

Rant over...
snowninja likes this.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Yep, nitro is special and more satisfying than electric. Unfortunately, my local tracks are electric only.
I used to travel a lot every weekend for practice and big races, but I got fed up with that after doing that for 7-8 years. I still have my engines and cars, but no tracks
I hope there will be a day that a new track opens in the neighbourhood that allows nitro.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nitro is addicting and for me its the gratification of finally getting a solid tune on the engine and the rig running good. I've ran Electric for a few years now but I was raised around the nitro scene from my dad since I was little. I finally saved up my money enough to pick up a nitro buggy and a OS engine and everytime I hit the track or work on the car, its nothing but smiles. On the other hand before I got into nitro I was always wanting to play Pitman for someone. Now thats a serious rush of andrenaline when your driver is in contest for the top 3 spots in a close battle then comes in for fuel then part of the drivers race position relies on your ability to get a quick and efficient fuel stop! That feeling right there is why I decided to get into nitro, nothing but smiles everytime I mess with it. Before hand I would always marshall for the nitro races learning the throttle inputs and lines the rigs were taking from the infield point of view. Just the experience is the true feeling of RC racing.
raylesk, BrettL, snowninja and 1 others like this.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KeeneRc
On the other hand before I got into nitro I was always wanting to play Pitman for someone. Now thats a serious rush of andrenaline when your driver is in contest for the top 3 spots in a close battle then comes in for fuel then part of the drivers race position relies on your ability to get a quick and efficient fuel stop! That feeling right there is why I decided to get into nitro, nothing but smiles everytime I mess with it. Before hand I would always marshall for the nitro races learning the throttle inputs and lines the rigs were taking from the infield point of view. Just the experience is the true feeling of RC racing.
good tips - i've pitted for a few people but never in a long main, that would be fun! and marshalling some qualies would be a good way to watch and learn exactly what you said - throttle inputs, and lines chosen.

i was able to put some more time into mine this week. one thing i noticed after a while was the car felt like it had a drag brake set as i was attempting to roll through corners. i was near the end of my track time anyway so pulled it off and later found a clutch bearing had seized up. maybe the cause not sure.. anyway i found a package of JT UCB's in my mailbox when i got home so will see how durable these are..
Old 05-17-2019, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Let us know how they work out. You might want to put springs between your brake pads if you don't already have them to keep them from dragging.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by frewster
Let us know how they work out. You might want to put springs between your brake pads if you don't already have them to keep them from dragging.
will do. i don't have springs between the pads but was thinking of doing that.. good call.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.