Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Losirob
Any suggestions? I'm about ready to pull my hair out.
Next time you run the car in practice and it starts to swing out - try bringing the car in and swapping the wheels side to side.

This way you could eliminate the wheel/tire combo from your list of possible causes.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Neil, thanks again man, but I guess that
I will be doing trial and error again, thanks guys.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default Re: Need help with setup diagnosis... ;)

Originally posted by losirob
Sorry for the crosspost. Also posted in "Talkin' to Josh Cyrul."

Here's what's happening:

The car is really planted during right hand turns, but the rear end swings around when turning left, but only about 2 minutes into the race (and keeps swinging out for the remainder of the race during left turns.) Here's what I've checked so far:

Droop is equal right to left in the front and rear.
No bent hinge pins.
No bent shock shafts.
Car is not tweaked according to John Watt's laser tweak board.
Tires are not coming unglued on one side or the other.
Toe and camber are equal right to left.

The only other thing I can figure is that the tires (I'm currently running Take Off 22's) are heating up and getting greasy about 2 minutes into the race. But, if this were the case, why would it only be while turning left? I'm going to switch to 27's this weekend, but I'm not anticipating that this is going to fix the problem.

Any suggestions? I'm about ready to pull my hair out.

Rob
Check to see if something in the drivetrain is binding up. May have a bad bearing? I agree with the other guy to also check the one-way (if you're using one) and the universals.

Blake
Old 03-23-2004, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Formula1fan
Has anyone tried the short arm conversion on asphalt? Also what is the part number for the new bulkheads.
Great sig. Man!!! Now when I drive by Rahal's shop I extend my middle finger, rather than look longingly at what used to be a "real" raceshop. He's such a moron.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey guys look what I found on xray's site

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...843&kategoria=

also

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...48&kategoria=0

and

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...78&kategoria=0

Last edited by theisgroup; 03-23-2004 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Default Axles

Does the factory kit come with these?

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...60aeb77ee2009e
Old 03-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

are you talking about the factory t1 or the evo 2? The evo does not come with those. Those are sweet though. I need to get me some because those green ones they give you get beat up and is a pain to get out if they are bent.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Axles

Originally posted by forty6
Does the factory kit come with these?

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...60aeb77ee2009e
no they come with these

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...79&kategoria=0
Old 03-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

So the Factory kit uses the same front and rear axles? All 22mm?

So these should fit? Thanks.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...18e0fcdc064a83
Old 03-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by forty6
Those look like as long as the rear axles of the Evo2. Any idea which one fits the front of the factory kit, the short or long spring steel axles? I want to get those too when I get the car. Thanks.
With the C Hub suspension both the front and rear axles are the same. Same as the rear end ones for the picto ball. Ie. those wont fit.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default Short Arm Question

I'm installing my short arms onto my Evo2 and something seems odd. On the front suspension, the hinge pins just hang loose? The short arms don't have a set screw that holds the hinge pin like the long arms do, is there any problem with them moving around in a frontal colision? Sure seems like it won't take alot for the hinge pin to slide foward and out of the rear holder causing some very bad handling....
Old 03-23-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Short Arm Question

Originally posted by psbarger
I'm installing my short arms onto my Evo2 and something seems odd. On the front suspension, the hinge pins just hang loose? The short arms don't have a set screw that holds the hinge pin like the long arms do, is there any problem with them moving around in a frontal colision? Sure seems like it won't take alot for the hinge pin to slide foward and out of the rear holder causing some very bad handling....
you should have the hinge pin mounts that are captured. this would look like the rear mount of the front hinge pins. These should be used on both the front and the rear of the both the front and rear mount. also the hinge pins will need to be shortened.

Last edited by theisgroup; 03-23-2004 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Short Arm Question

Originally posted by theisgroup
you should have the hinge pin mounts that are captured. this would look like the rear mount of the front hinge pins. These should be used on both the front and the rear of the both the front and rear mount. also the hinge pins will need to be shortened.
Ahh ok I see what your talking about. Darn, too bad I gotta do that, it woulda been nice to have a reversable setup incase I didn't like the short arms or something. Any piticulars to cutting the hinge pins shorter? They're just aluminum right? A saw should make pretty short work of them I'd imagine....
Old 03-24-2004, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Short Arm Question

Originally posted by psbarger
You could drill and tap the hinge pin mounts on the front to prevent the hinge pin from coming out. I wouldn't tap the a-arm though - might weaken it too much.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

You could try some small collets with locking grub screws on the exposed shaft inside the wishbone pivot points.
Keep the collet towards the front pivot point and it will stop the pin coming out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.