is this the new HPI PRO car?.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is this the new HPI PRO car?.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default is this the new HPI PRO car?.....

Guys;

HPI's past history is not one of copying the competition, but of innovation and originality. Look at some of their past and recent examples for reference.
The more I hear People complaining about this Car, the more fun it's going to be to Whoop them with one.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Prototype testing

Frank McKinney;

If HPI California needs another Nitro Driver for Prototype testing, I'm availible!
Old 05-13-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by fastharry
for someone who was defending OFNA's ld3 like you were against naysayers who had "bad opinions" of the usual OFNA low quality,youre not being very openminded here..

I agree 100%
Old 05-13-2003, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I agree with you popsracer. I have been running the proceed for 2 years now and it is nothing like the other 1/8 scales.it is alot easier to work on has a great clutch that serpent copied with there new cars and there shocks are great so easy to get out all the air and are all very consistant with eachother, yes they dont back the car like I wish they would but with dave campbell from delta mfg. we have alot of real handy hopups for the car and premounted tires and most of all support.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AndrewtheRCman
WOW! i am not impressed in the slightest way

i dont get the fuss. so its gonna be a brittle VoneRR that needs alotta hop ups??

no thanx, ill stay american
Thats funny. HPI was started in Califonia and NOT Japan. Even though Mr. Wantanaby(sp?) was from Japan.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:49 PM
Tech Initiate

haya

So if i read you correctly you say that serpent borrowed the 2speed idea from hpi? hmm interesting! did they also borrow the shock idea from hpi as well? ....o well it doesnt really matter.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb

wheres that battery pack going to b mounted?
Old 05-13-2003, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

The battery pack looks to be mounted beneath the fuel tank, similar to the mugens.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: haya

Originally posted by lost man
So if i read you correctly you say that serpent borrowed the 2speed idea from hpi? hmm interesting! did they also borrow the shock idea from hpi as well? ....o well it doesnt really matter.
somehow I remember reading that serpent copied the clutch type 2 sp from associated old 1/8th scale rc250/500 series..
Old 05-13-2003, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Prototype testing

Originally posted by popsracer
Frank McKinney;

If HPI California needs another Nitro Driver for Prototype testing, I'm availible!
and you can send mine to the east coast for ROAR region 1 and 2 testing...
Old 05-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

well i know hpis. im never impressed by them, raced a few onroads bashed with their offroads, extremely brittle and not very quick.

im usually open, but this vonerr wannabe isnt impressive, just another piece to add to a persons collection, nothing special
Old 05-13-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Andrew....................

i dont understand, why everyone is in a piss fit. RC is not an original design hobby anymore. everyone takes a proven design and expands on it so on and so forth.

this was your reply in the LD 3 thread when everyone was saying the LD3 was nothing but a bad copy of a tc3...

now comes along an HPI with what looks like fresh new ideas ,and your beating up a company that has proven to innovative...yet you defend a company making cheap knock offs..

your opinion's are proving to be as valid OFNA's original engineering theories.....non-existant,to say the least
Old 05-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool acceptance

I think this car actually looks pretty good. Id like to buy one myself. It LOOKS like it would be able to compete with the top notch cars out there. I like it! But i still think the serpent has to be the one of the most wonderfull looking cars out there. The daddy of em all the 705! My love will never be given to another car. Not that anyone cares...i just had to let it out. thnx everyone.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

the 705,and the Impulse are great cars......I have a killer Impulse with Impact floating rear body mount..and a lola body...
Old 05-13-2003, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AndrewtheRCman
well i know hpis. im never impressed by them, raced a few onroads bashed with their offroads, extremely brittle and not very quick.

im usually open, but this vonerr wannabe isnt impressive, just another piece to add to a persons collection, nothing special
Thats funny.....*I still win over mugens, kyosho, ofna's and even ntc3 rtr with my 97 model hpi rs4 rtr modified. LOL!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.