Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 08-27-2004, 05:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hmm, might do, would depend on the outdrive size I guess (dia, and width). Plus whats the number of teeth on the MI2 pulley? would it change the gearing ratio?

Be intrigued to know about this, as I understnad it the front diff on the MI2 is central, like the 415....

on another point....

ahh, racing tongiht, need it afte rthe week I've had, although still not sure how I'm gonna have enough cells chargerd, since my charger blew up last time out.

gonna concentrate on setup adjustment the evening, changing things to see what they do to the car. Think I'll just do roll centre tonight, done springs and roll bars last time out.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Looking forward to racing my 415 tonight too. Special interest as I'm switching to a steerwheel tonight from using sticks
Old 08-27-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

steerwheel = Bleugh

Sticks = thumbs up (literaly )
Old 08-27-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Spool

Originally posted by over gear
EJ, i have the chattering problem with spool too. i move the front a-arms all the way back, so that the spool is slight in front of the axle... when the wheel turns, the universal have a less angle and i see less chattering...... maybe a couple of run with a 6turn motor will cure that...
also I put a lot of Tamiya Anti-Wear grease on the CVDs and out-drives when I use spool and lock pulley.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jeffreylin
That's scary you've got enough parts for another set. I did a quick calculation and it's like $150+ to get all the parts needed.

Anyway here is what the instruction says:

Front--2mmx1 in front and 3mmx2 in rear

Rear--3mm+2mm in front and 3mm in rear

However, it's a bit tight in the rear and I actually use 4.5mm in rear front instead.
it was also to tight at the front and back so had to take some shims out and replce with the 1mm and 0.7mm and now its perfect.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Spool

Originally posted by AlanLim
also I put a lot of Tamiya Anti-Wear grease on the CVDs and out-drives when I use spool and lock pulley.
Thanks guys.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by KilRuf
Okay maybe some of you guys can help me out. I didn't buy the LW suspension kit for my 415. But I have enough parts from my Evo IV to build one up for it. How do you space the arms on the 415? What shims and sizes are up front and in the rear of the arms? I'm guessing the instructions tell you what shims to use where........ Thanks..

Oh, and reading (actually looking at the pictures) one of the Japanese RC Mags... They had the 415 goin up against the Evo IV with what looks to be the same setup. Factory driver Satoshi was driving. The Evo IV produced the fastest lap of both runs thru 8 minutes. But the 415 produced a faster time overall in both runs by a few seconds over 8 minutes. Pretty cool. They actually posted his setup for the Evo IV in the mag too. I'm sure Dave has already seen this..

JMac
How was the track configuration? Did they mention if it was a high grip track?
Old 08-27-2004, 01:24 PM
T-man

Hi,

Does anyone know if E4P has a website? Looking for the 415 spool. Or are there other brands etc?

Marc

Old 08-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Speedtech have a spool for the 415 http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/364.html

Chazz
Old 08-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by E.J. Evans
How was the track configuration? Did they mention if it was a high grip track?
it was a wedium grip track that they were running at

-Dave
Old 08-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
it was a wedium grip track that they were running at

-Dave
Thanks Dave!
Old 08-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by E.J. Evans
Thanks Dave!
Your welcome..
BTW Wedium = Wet med traction
Old 08-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Please someone help me out.
What is the length of the left and rear dif outdrives (each) of the 415 in millimeters/centimeters.

Thanks a lot.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Jeffreylin. I had spare arms and hubs for my Evo IV. But not spare axles. The Evo IV axles will come off and go onto the 415. The Evo IV will get the Pro4/TC3 axle combo (also a scarey thought at almost $100). Oh well. It's just a hobby. And part of the fun with it..

Spool Chatter. That's one reason why I hate spools. Only car I didn't have a problem with chatter and a spool was on my old TC3.

Anyways, I'm about to attempt to build a diff for the 415 from all Tamiya parts. I'll let ya know how it comes out. The 415 is getting ready for carpet season. The Evo IV will handle the rest of the asphalt season for this year.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Ran the car with the spool in again tonight, really starting to get the hang of it.
In the end I lef the roll centres as-is, and adjusted the droop and toe blocks. Settled on droop exactly like Reinhards setup (5mm front, 4mm rear) worked very well at getting rid of some of the one power understeet I had been experiencing.

With the toe blocks, I went C/A on the front, having previously run D/D. made the car have awesome steering, and I was reallt able to carry the corner speed through the turns, a massive help considering I was running 27t stock. Very happy with the car at the moment, my confidence grows evertime I drive it, and my driving is getting better (helped by permantly running stock atm). Also I'm becoming more confident in making adjustments to it, and in knowing what improves it.
Now all i need is thoose bloody springs....
Ed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.