Wiki Posts
Search

Horizon discontinuing XX4??

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Of course this widens the profit margin for manufacturers, but oddly enough doesn't mean cheaper kits here in the states...usually?

Computers are cheaper there
Dog food is cheaper there
Toothpaste is cheaper
Baby toys are cheaper
Tires are cheaper too....

Of course they just executed the man in charge of over seeing exports for taking bribes and passing on inferior products to over seas consumers.

...But, it's cheaper.

Are we headed in the right direction??

All are manufactured over seas as cheaply as possible, not as good as possible.

hmmmm
...Jim
W.E.D.
But you also get paid 9 cents a day to assemble as many Associated shocks all day. Which may be like 2 if you do it right.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
I knew you were going to say that. The XXXT-MF, MF2 and CR are based of XXXT, the Mini and Micro-Ts appear similar, but do not share any parts. They are not "shrunk" to scale either.

I think many of the American racers who were dedicated to supporting Losi care. The HPI and Academy (thanks mfishel) will be nothing revolutionary, as you can see with the CAD pics of the Academy car. Its also unlikely that Kyosho will release another truck, due to the size of the market for it. Although I wish they would to add another option there. In fact as a long time AE guy, Im buying an RB5, haha.

well it is BASED on the XXXT, or else it wouldnt even look remotely close to one. Obviously a 18th scale isnt going to share parts with a 32nd scale car.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_King
well it is BASED on the XXXT, or else it wouldnt even look remotely close to one. Obviously a 18th scale isnt going to share parts with a 32nd scale car.
Im well aware I'll never win an internet debate. We can agree that the RTR crowd is far stronger than the race crowd, and that RTRs are far more luctrative.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
We can agree that the RTR crowd is far stronger than the race crowd, and that RTRs are far more luctrative.
That really annoys me. The only was RC is really going to grow and advance at a noticeable rate is with race-worthy kits. If RC just turns into a bashing sport then cars won't have to have the precision and the technology they need for it.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

There is a difference between Thunder Tiger buying AE and Horizon buying Losi...Thunder Tiger is still owner by a hobbiest, Horizon is not. Kyosho is owned by a hobbiest too. I think AE/TT and Kyosho will be fine until those compaines are sold to and owned by somebody who isn't a hobbiest. Thats why a company produces racing kits, because the owner has a passion about racing r/c cars, obviously its not to make a hugh profit. The owners are a bit more distant from the end product at TT and kyosho, but there are still there.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

it is very sad but companies such as losi ,associated etc are a business and the directors job is to make money for the owners and they will do this the best way they know how and sometimes cutting programs such as race teams can slash overheads.still sad though
Old 08-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

What really sucks is that Horizon already owns basher brands such as Sportwerks that all the non-race oriented vehicles could be released through. My gut tells me that after the 8ight and 8ight-T, Losi will not be releasing any more race cars (I dont consider the XXX-T CR , repackaging parts you already produce doesnt count).
Old 08-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mfishel
Yok is coming out with a 2wd? You sure you aren't thinking of the new Academy?
........he probably ment Tamiya, as they have a 2wd in the works.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stickman310
That really annoys me. The only was RC is really going to grow and advance at a noticeable rate is with race-worthy kits. If RC just turns into a bashing sport then cars won't have to have the precision and the technology they need for it.
The only way R/C racing is really going to grow is with involvement outside of the industry.
Tell the manufacturers to cut their budget for advertising in half, and use that money to promote the racing. Do they think they won't sell any more stuff if they don't have 4 pages of glossy ads in every magazine every Month?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

The only way R/C racing is really going to grow is with involvement outside of the industry.
Tell the manufacturers to cut their budget for advertising in half, and use that money to promote the racing. Do they think they won't sell any more stuff if they don't have 4 pages of glossy ads in every magazine every Month?
Thats on the right track. I heard a really wise analysis of the industry: The manufacturers are competing for the same x number of customers, when they should be trying to expand the market so they each have x number of customers to themselves. Traxxas is one of the few, if not the only manf who advertises outside of the rc rags. They realize the truth...and have benefitted tremendously.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:27 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

last thing a company wants to do is have a kit thats really good for too long. they have marketing payrolls to speak for. really hard for them to put food on the table if they cant 'spin' you on the new latest/greatest/precision piece of plastic. not every1 has a 'rc10' name they can sell yr after yr either.

sadly while u guys are in here upset over the 'ReRe' loss, there are many of more out there (maybe some of u), that help propel the marketing machines that feed these big companies ur hard earned $. all b/c ur jammin is so last yr...

its a shame really, but hey, thats business. i wish there was a kit to make my CR a dirt oval car in the winter, then i might have more reason to keep it. shame to see where his old company has gone, but get used to it. however...

...all good things come round again in time, it just might not be called a 'losi'.

R
Old 08-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

I think (?) I understand what you are saying. The arguement has always been 'don't complain about the pusher, he wouldn't be there if people weren't buying'.
Just ask yourself the next time you're at a race where the Red Bull tent is? Or the Bud tent?
Andy is right. These guys just want the same insular market to self perpetuate itself. They don't want the racing to get bigger because they may lose control of it.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by convikt
........he probably ment Tamiya, as they have a 2wd in the works.
I think we could well see both Yokomo and Tamiya running 2WD at the worlds.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

I think (?) I understand what you are saying. The arguement has always been 'don't complain about the pusher, he wouldn't be there if people weren't buying'.
Just ask yourself the next time you're at a race where the Red Bull tent is? Or the Bud tent?
Andy is right. These guys just want the same insular market to self perpetuate itself. They don't want the racing to get bigger because they may lose control of it.
Major corporate sponsorship isnt involved because no one has pitched involvement to them. The organizations and people who have the power to, also like having the "power" in general. If RC is to grow, and if racing is to grow, these people are going to have to sacrifice some of their power. Someone like a Red Bull, Monster, or Rockstar wouldnt bat an eye at 10k for a title sponsored event. That same 10k to an rc race would be HUGE though, the track would be sick and the event could be run perfectly. ROAR, the Distributors, and the major rc companies dont seem to care. An expanding market would allow room for both racers and hobbyists, and ample customers for all manufacturers. This in turn would benefit the Distributors, ROAR, and the LHS.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:37 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

The owners from Xfactory were racing at my local track yesterday. I overheard them saying that Losi is still producing parts.I think they would know better than us maybe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.