TC4 OR YOKOMO BD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC4 OR YOKOMO BD

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Cheers for the input most helpful im goin to wait before i make a decision my bro will be running his FT TC4 on friday so i will see how much quicker his lap times are but i was warming up to a BD before i started this thread
Old 11-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

both cars are equal...you cant buy a car based on how fast someone else drives it...99% of the R/C community cant even drive a car to its fullest potential...you have to experiment alot on setup to try to get the most out of your car so a new car(if you have a new breed) isnt really gonna make you faster
Old 11-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
both cars are equal...you cant buy a car based on how fast someone else drives it...99% of the R/C community cant even drive a car to its fullest potential...you have to experiment alot on setup to try to get the most out of your car so a new car(if you have a new breed) isnt really gonna make you faster
So very true ...
Old 11-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ike
Any rubber tire I've ever run starts to handle markedly worse after two racedays. I'll take foams over that <shrugs>
Sauce 'em, scrape 'em then bag 'em in an airtight ziplock bag.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys, he said which is more durable on carpet the TC 4 or CGM. If parts support is not an issue my vote goes to the CGM. Stiff chassis ideal for carpet, runs well on asphalt, great for stock and 19turn. The LCG is a great upgrade for asphalt. But the BD is simply a great car for asphalt, there really is too much flex in it to run mod on carpet with foams. I believe it would be OK on carpet with rubber tires, maybe not as good as a CGM. just my 2 cents.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

The BD would be ideal for carpet with rubber tires. In fact yokomo has had success with the car in that very type of racing.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Initiate

The reason i want a comparison is because ive had my cgm from when they first came out and the car is a little worn out and im not in the mod to change all the worn bits when i could get an upgrade to a better more uptodate car the bd looks good so does the tc4 im running stock 19 turn on rubbers which i forgot to mention its not a case of me wanting a car to make me faster that jus isnt the case what i was looking for was jus a little comparison and experiance on what is the better out of the 2
Old 11-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

orde of preference
BD
LCG conversion
FTTC4 i would go for the later because i like to be different (can be a bad thing also)

But BD is real good

if you go for stiff chassis you need to be on the ball with car setups ,coz there is a small window where the car will work real good
unlike `soft` chassis a bigger window to work with
Old 11-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Initiate

cheers for the reply jolly thats interesting i didnt see it from that angle
Old 11-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

This is why quite a few off the `BIG` car makers do it with `flexi` chassis ,so that even a std club racer can get them to handle on any given surface/wheels

since foam racing is not big over here flexi is where it`s at
unlike usa foams are big though
but if you have xxx main setup book in your head i would go for
BD
LCG conv
your choice belt or shaft (another thread please )
Old 11-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

remember too though, that the tc4 factory team has a very adjustable chassis, so it can be made from very stiff to very flexible just by changing the number of screws in the centre spline and other supports (8 screws). This allows very easy and quick chages.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

very true the TC4 does have that option.

I feel the BD is the best overall car of the two.
For me its this simple;

get the BD unless you are racing stock, the shaft drive of the FTTC4 might just help you out.

I've driven the BD on tarmac, carpet with both rubbers and foams and ive also driven the car on a slippery floor. You wont go wrong with this car on any surface, whereas the TC4 wont outdrive it unless its in stock, although even that difference may not be visible unless you are racing at the highest level.

You wont go wrong with either car, but look at the facts and you have better odds of getting what you want if you go with the BD IMO
Old 11-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Shaft cars are not faster in stock just becasue of the shaft. When was the last race that a shaft car won stock?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Buyer Beware

The BD is best!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
The BD is best!

I though you ordered a Cyclone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.