Old 07-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
long time ago.
i have experience on tamiya clone that previously build
such TL01 rtr for 18$
i think 80% is a waste on this rtr.
i would throw useless transmitter and speedo.
replace almost everyting but chassic and arm and some gear
i have to replace the planetary gear.
any of the material was verry disapointed crack able,
since it was planned for toys.
because it was planned to run on 540 can, without parts replacement suppplied by the factory.
Big disapointed, better use mchassis

and i think http://www.toptoys.cn/en/
was the same
i guess they were plan to run on 20C only,
as the name was toptoys, they were plan for toys, not racing.

there is no prove that this TK416 is race able for mod's yet,

as a tester i would pay
TK416 for 50$ or less
and must be parts supported supplied.
and as clone it should be compatible to all 416 tamiya factory.

other reason not to to buy, i could not trust china,
will stay with this kit for long term.
unless there is video to show :
crash test.
race test.
40C test.
2.5t test for 15 minutes on race circuit.
worn out test.

remember i have been there testing between tamiya tl01 with china tl01.
and china tl01 is very disapointed on cost and quality.

USD18 rtr..? man u were buying some paper car..?

honestly, have u been to china..? or you simply assume that u know so much about what n how they make things..?

this kit isn't bad... it's good for club race as well i guess... we do need some cheaper n nicer car to attract new ppl to join this hobby... well, this is toy... i mean whatever u drive, xray, tamiya, yokomo, schumi, serpent, ae... etc these r still toys for most majority ppl...

crash test.
race test.
40C test.
worn out test.

who tested their cars to your requirement..? tamiya with MR/JGH..? hell, u give them any car, they can still beat most of us by laps... so pls be open minded, maybe this ain't aim for ppl who can afford highly expensive prokit but rather trying to enjoy this hobby... sometimes i think E10 n TT01 can be very very fun too... losi micro-T does look interesting n same as mini-z... n i can afford to buy n race very expensive kits too...

glad company like ezrun and like make things affordable to bring in new ppl into our little world...
Old 07-24-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Champion

I wouldnt buy one if I had the choice of racing one or quitting r/c.

Cheap copies of a great car do nothing for the hobby, all it does is line the pockets of someone who has no inspiration to design and make their own rolling chassis and gives someone a poorly designed/made product that isnt worthy of being anywhere near a track.

Currently i'm racing my TRF415MSXX with the satisfaction of knowing its genuine and very capable of doing well, (Just the guy racing it isn't as good as he could be )...
Old 07-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

perhaps i dont know everything

but i know i have expirience on china product and it's disapointed
not just kit, almost every china product, are very disapointed.

i know some china factory can do better, such thunder tiger.

but they were controlled quality by ae, and i trust ae

perhaps if tamiya would go quality control of this tk416
it may be better,
it's simple because i trust tamiya,

so what ever, still not trust toptoys.

unless the video revealed.

dont forget video is the cheapest way to do promotion lately.
so why not ?
all the test i sugest was for toptoys, i believe they have responsibility
to do that.
for them(factory tk416) i dont think it's expensive to test their cars and parts.

at least testing is better than just copying.

testing also meaning that they do Quality control.

why not share the world to know how are they capable of.
hope my sugestion worth for good.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

My 4 year old son had a pull along duck, that you could push a button and its wings opened, to give a plastic egg.

One wing broke off within weeks, due to thin material. The beak discoloured and the sticker on its back confirmed my thoughts.

"Made in China"...

I say had, because it's in the bin now!

Still, at least the wheels stayed on, they might want to start thinking of making r/c cars, and forget about ducks...

Just a shame the duck had no steering - solid axles all the way!!!!....
Old 07-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
My 4 year old son had a pull along duck, that you could push a button and its wings opened, to give a plastic egg.

One wing broke off within weeks, due to thin material. The beak discoloured and the sticker on its back confirmed my thoughts.

"Made in China"...

I say had, because it's in the bin now!

Still, at least the wheels stayed on, they might want to start thinking of making r/c cars, and forget about ducks...

Just a shame the duck had no steering - solid axles all the way!!!!....
well, if i gonna get this kit i guess i use it as a collection of how easily it can be copied... make a nice show piece though... i don't mean it doesn't worth playing with it... at least i know i can easily get TRF416 parts...

i know a lot of newbies would like the all the option bling blings instead of a TA05... well, most newbies play for only a few months before they quit... only some stays...

copying isn't right but i do believe most of us have something not genuine... MP3..? MP4..? torrent..? any other items..? well, real enthusiast will end up buying the real thing... some will still get this 416c because of curiosity... this is part of the hobby...

china made ain't that bad... i've seen their very good products made in china too... i've also seen some lousily made USA products... same as all other products from around the world...

btw, i'm not from china... it is just my opinion as i've been there a few times visiting their factories... it really change ones perpective of view when u reach there personally... it's very unlike of what u seen in TV or internet...

tc3team,

wher do u still find 36T rear diff pulley for ur 415..? can't seems to find it in most HK webstore... (looking for the black 1)...

can 415 fit with 37T (416) rear diff pulley n 37T front spool pulley..? if yes, what belts will match it..? tq...
Old 07-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Yes the 416 pulleys will fit on the 415. you need the following belts to make it work.

Cyclone front belt and T2, T2'007 rear belt
Old 07-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

what is everyone doing in R/C?
there seems to be so much snobbery (I know that's not a real word)
Are most into R/C to drive around 'Designer' names and show everyone how much money they can spend?

The bottom line is that most racers I know buy their R/C cars to race; to finish first or to the best of their ability and have fun trying.

Does it really matter in the club racing scene if a local Xray car beats a local HPI car? Chances are one has better skill or a better setup.

I understand the point... save the Major companies, copying hurts them.
But think about it, without racing programs and places to race, there would not be anyone buying 'authentic' cars or 'copied cars'. This applies the other way too, without major companies, racers could not buy cars to race. Ahh... the World comes full circle.

The important thing is that we need to grow and accept new racers with their cars to grow and keep our hobby alive. $500 tourning cars won't help that.
Maybe that's part of why many local tracks close down one by one. Due to the lack of new racers and super inflated prices to get started.

I have the copy as well as many 'Real Deal' Tamiyas. I help to keep my local tracks running by buying 'Real' 416 parts for my clone, should I need them, and paying weekly race fees to race.

Where will the Major car companies be when your local track closes and you have nowhere to race? Then you'll have a $500 static model because I know you're not going to bash with a 416. Get out there and introduce new people to the hobby no matter what car they buy. The money will go to the major brand in parts as the newbie's break them.
Let's not make R/C a rich boy toy club.
Done.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Markus
The money will go to the major brand in parts as the newbie's break them.
Let's not make R/C a rich boy toy club.
Done.
The money will go to where people buy there parts from, genuine parts, or copies...

R/C shouldnt be a "rich boy toy club" but it also shouldnt be dominated by people who buy cheap cars/parts and see that r/c is not for them because the copies of genuine cars are not durable and break easily...

Just my 0.02$ and of course, i'd like to see everyone happy, whatever they use.

But I still don't see the need for a copy of a good brand - it can ruin its image and its finances. Especially if the clone of a car is not good.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

The money will go to where people buy there parts from, genuine parts, or copies...

R/C shouldnt be a "rich boy toy club" but it also shouldnt be dominated by people who buy cheap cars/parts and see that r/c is not for them because the copies of genuine cars are not durable and break easily...

Just my 0.02$ and of course, i'd like to see everyone happy, whatever they use.

But I still don't see the need for a copy of a good brand - it can ruin its image and its finances. Especially if the clone of a car is not good.
It's already a little late to keep the R/C scene affordable. To be at the bottom of being competitive you need to shell out over 500$ these days and that is not cheap (think cheap Tamiya kit, radio, batteries, charger; even buying a RTR from tamiya requires battery and charger so you get up to about 500$ again). Big companies need to understand that. And if the copies are indeed that bad, then nobody need worry, for they will swiftly disappear.

Time will tell if there is or not any need of copies. Big companies can (still) change the course of history here but I don't think I have seen any sign of interest yet. Perhaps if their revenue was affected they would take it more seriously so I take it they have not been hit. Yet.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

shouldnt be dominated by people who buy cheap cars/parts and see that r/c is not for them because the copies of genuine cars are not durable and break easily...
In my area I don't see any cheap cars/parts running. Unless you consider Tamiya tub cars cheap. I haven't even see any replicas. So I don't think the racing scene will be dominated by them. More of a one or two deal.
Personally, I always assume the worst for anything copied. that way if it's decent it's a nice surprise. I haven't seen a car made that doesn't break when hitting something stationary. But your point taken.

Originally Posted by niznai
It's already a little late to keep the R/C scene affordable. To be at the bottom of being competitive you need to shell out over 500$ these days and that is not cheap (think cheap Tamiya kit, radio, batteries, charger; even buying a RTR from tamiya requires battery and charger so you get up to about 500$ again). Big companies need to understand that.
$500 for the car alone, then add the needed things is very steep indeed.
And if the copies are indeed that bad, then nobody need worry, for they will swiftly disappear.
this is the truth

Last edited by Markus; 07-27-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fly_wheel
USD18 rtr..? man u were buying some paper car..?

honestly, have u been to china..? or you simply assume that u know so much about what n how they make things..?

this kit isn't bad... it's good for club race as well i guess... we do need some cheaper n nicer car to attract new ppl to join this hobby... well, this is toy... i mean whatever u drive, xray, tamiya, yokomo, schumi, serpent, ae... etc these r still toys for most majority ppl...

crash test.
race test.
40C test.
worn out test.

who tested their cars to your requirement..? tamiya with MR/JGH..? hell, u give them any car, they can still beat most of us by laps... so pls be open minded, maybe this ain't aim for ppl who can afford highly expensive prokit but rather trying to enjoy this hobby... sometimes i think E10 n TT01 can be very very fun too... losi micro-T does look interesting n same as mini-z... n i can afford to buy n race very expensive kits too...

glad company like ezrun and like make things affordable to bring in new ppl into our little world...

yeah that right.......
Old 07-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Markus , have you had a chance to race yours yet ? Any comments ?
Thanks
Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Gimpex,

I've been busy getting ready and running in my local TCS Races Glen Burnie, MD and the one comming up at RC Madness in CT. Running my real Tamiya cars (TB03 and TA05).

After the CT TCS, I'll move my electrics and exclusively run the 416we(c).

Just as a heads up. I received the car assembled...
I've pretty much had to take the whole car apart and rebuild it.
tolerances are fine, aluminum pieces seem a little softer, chassis is a little thicker (which is fine for me. I run on a high traction track) and it took a little work to get the car to spin freely.

I would have preferred to receive the car unassembled.

I'll get back to you with a racing report after the Aug 9th TCS. (no, I won't be using the replicar in TCS)
Old 07-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus
Gimpex,

I've been busy getting ready and running in my local TCS Races Glen Burnie, MD and the one comming up at RC Madness in CT. Running my real Tamiya cars (TB03 and TA05).

After the CT TCS, I'll move my electrics and exclusively run the 416we(c).

Just as a heads up. I received the car assembled...
I've pretty much had to take the whole car apart and rebuild it.
tolerances are fine, aluminum pieces seem a little softer, chassis is a little thicker (which is fine for me. I run on a high traction track) and it took a little work to get the car to spin freely.

I would have preferred to receive the car unassembled.

I'll get back to you with a racing report after the Aug 9th TCS. (no, I won't be using the replicar in TCS)
Thats the issue with almost all RTR's and prebuilt cars.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Think a mate just got stung on ebay, he won a 416 that upon inspection we're fairly sure is a knock off.

Just looks/feels not quite up to scratch, also the blue is a deeper shade than "tamiya blue"

Anyone got a sure fire way to confirm it's dodgy?

Ta

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.