Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Truggy isn't sucking gas into the motor. >

Truggy isn't sucking gas into the motor.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy isn't sucking gas into the motor.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Hold your finger over the end of the exhaust pipe and try to start the engine. If you see fuel running through the fuel lines into the plastic thing that has the air filter attached to it, then it is priming. if the fuel stays in the fuel tank and dont move through the lines, you are sucking air....You need to get to a hobby shop, with all due respect, you are way to new to even understand the help we are trying to give. go to a hobby shop, and ask them for help

What you need just cant be done online
Old 01-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Hold your finger over the end of the exhaust pipe and try to start the engine. If you see fuel running through the fuel lines into the plastic thing that has the air filter attached to it, then it is priming. if the fuel stays in the fuel tank and dont move through the lines, you are sucking air....You need to get to a hobby shop, with all due respect, you are way to new to even understand the help we are trying to give. go to a hobby shop, and ask them for help

I'm not too new to understand. I just wasn't thinking that's what you meant. I already did that and no gas through the lines. I think it's sucking air on the back where the pipe connects to the header. The rubber piece is like, no good.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

He might sound rude but its true, you need to be taught be looking at someone else do it, thats a good way to learn!

Dont be shameful lol, i had to go back and forth A LOT to my hobby shop...

My very first engine, i was sort of dumb and uh.. put GAS in to the tank they took my engine apart and the guy said he smelled gas on it, i was so embarassed but he was cool and he even GAVE me a few parts to fix it!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider
I'm not too new to understand. I just wasn't thinking that's what you meant. I already did that and no gas through the lines. I think it's sucking air on the back where the pipe connects to the header. The rubber piece is like, no good.

Coupling

There like 2 bucks at a hobby shop and there pretty much universal

Like these: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/27269

There a bit over priced but im SURE your hobby shop has them
Old 01-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

replace both gaskets while your at it, heres the other one

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6364
Old 01-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pinky2252s
He might sound rude but its true, you need to be taught be looking at someone else do it, thats a good way to learn!

Dont be shameful lol, i had to go back and forth A LOT to my hobby shop...

My very first engine, i was sort of dumb and uh.. put GAS in to the tank they took my engine apart and the guy said he smelled gas on it, i was so embarassed but he was cool and he even GAVE me a few parts to fix it!
Lol I just wasn't thinking about priming. That's it. I knew what he meant the second he explained it...
Old 01-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by losi_racer
replace both gaskets while your at it, heres the other one

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6364
These are what I need! Thanks bro.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Champion

These are what I need! Thanks bro.
np. that gasket gets forgotten alot but its a VITAL point in the exhaust system, hopefully thats all thats wrong
Old 01-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Tech Adept

np. that gasket gets forgotten alot but its a VITAL point in the exhaust system, hopefully thats all thats wrong

Yeah I hope so. I don't think that it's getting enough suction cause of the one that's on there. I'm also going to clean the HSN just in case <_<
Old 01-29-2009, 12:48 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah I hope so. I don't think that it's getting enough suction cause of the one that's on there. I'm also going to clean the HSN just in case <_<

replace the fuel line and pressure line also. its not expensive and its just piece of mind.....

if your comfortable with your skills. you could take the whole carb apart and clean the whole thing.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Adept

replace the fuel line and pressure line also. its not expensive and its just piece of mind.....

if your comfortable with your skills. you could take the whole carb apart and clean the whole thing.
My uncle is really good with the RC cars, we're going to just try the gasket part. The little rubber pieces lol. Thanks for the help man.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Did I sound rude!? I wasn't trying to sound rude, I was being honest. How can an air leak be detected online, without knowing all the terminology?

Apologies DVX I wasn't trying to be rude
Old 01-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Did I sound rude!? I wasn't trying to sound rude, I was being honest. How can an air leak be detected online, without knowing all the terminology?

Apologies DVX I wasn't trying to be rude

Lol no you didn't sound rude, chill dude. You were just trying to give me some helpful advice haha.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Lol no you didn't sound rude, chill dude. You were just trying to give me some helpful advice haha.

Pull the fuel line off of the HSN on your engine and blow into your exhaust. If fuel comes out you are good there. That means most like likely that your high speed needle is clogged. That is the needle where you hook the fuel line into the engine. The key is to isolate 1 thing at a time.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

after you have checked the carb etc check the pipe.
If you have a pipe that has an external nipple (for the pressure line) make sure it is clear. use a piece of wire or something to shove thru. If your pipe does not and uses a hole to poke the line into make sure it is not pushed in too far and hitting the other side of the pipe. The way to fix this for good is to cut the fuel line at a 45 deg so it will never plug if pushed in too far.

good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.