2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway >

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 06:20 AM

are you people really seriously taking about where the best drivers come from???? does it matter??? is your life and your happiness derived from who wins what??? unless you personally know the person(s) winning, then fine be happy for your buddy. the only thing that matters is that is was a clean race, and ran according to the rules setup by ifmar and who ever else is involved. this was a world championship r/c car race. drivers came from around the world, and it seems everyone agrees that the best driver won.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hugh janus
[B]
Originally posted by wcoyote
You have to figure there is going to be some secrets at the Worlds. Beside a lot of the manufacturers make one-off cars just to suit the track they are on. And for them to give away secrets? Get real. You don't see the NASCAR teams say, "here everyone want to see the engine tweaks we did to get more power out of this engine," after they have won."

i also dont see people going to the nascar store to purchase their favorite nascar for saturday racing either.
No but other NASCAR teams purchase engines from eachother. people like RCR, RYR, HMS, Roush, they all lease/sell engnes to other drivers. some even sell chassis to other teams.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Kentech-You were very long winded and extremely innaccurate in your assesment of the USA and their drivers.

Your saying the Eurpean drivers have all this technology in their car to lower cg and make the extra effort to be at the worlds and U. S drivers did nothing because we like using big heavy steel bulky parts. Your pissing in the wind. Xray was trying very hard to keep up but all the new tricks did not make them faster. The drivers went back to there old stuff.Also Hara's car looked very stock. Tamiya only had one dominant driver. Schumacher was like in the E main and there were no Xrays in the top 10.

By the way before this race Marc Reinhard had never seen this track here if florida and only got to run on it for 6 packs before laying the smack down.

There is only one Masami, one Hara, one Reinhard... They were the most awesome this weekend. In South Africa Barry was the fastest with a standard TC3.. There was no new technology there. If you think those little bits make you faster then buy them. But driving won the worlds.

It is stupid to say you are more dominant because of where you are from or what you bring with you. I was there and it was difficult for everyone. I was told that Team Xray complained that the track was to tight and difficult for European drivers so they went crying to the race director and threaten to remove the sponsorship dollars if it wasnt changed. Xray was heard and at 11pm the night before practice the layout was reconfigured to allow for the cry babies... BOOO HOOOO

Ask somebody if you dont beleive that. It was a disgrace that a sponsor of a race would try and give his team an advantage.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

By the way Xray was very little help to anyone at the race. They had maybe 10 different setups and no continuity with in the team itself. I ran a stock Xray and I think it was the best. Jarod Scott from the USA was one of the fastest cars and his car was almost stock!!! The requierments for an A main position was very hard to acheive with the 4 out of 6 format.

Also this track is owned by only one person and he does not own a hobby shop. Jorge the owner has run electric races but mainly gas and in my mind pulled off a good show. It is easy to sit behind your PC and critisize but the work was difficult and there were many more divers in this event than any other worlds!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Fastest Xray's where Joel Myrberg and Greg Hodapp.....if youask them they'll tell you Qual points suck!
Old 11-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by rangulo
I was told that Team Xray complained that the track was to tight and difficult for European drivers so they went crying to the race director and threaten to remove the sponsorship dollars if it wasnt changed. Xray was heard and at 11pm the night before practice the layout was reconfigured to allow for the cry babies... BOOO HOOOO

Ask somebody if you dont beleive that. It was a disgrace that a sponsor of a race would try and give his team an advantage.
If true-thats disgraceful. I think its every team manegers job to try and give his team an advanatge, but to threaten pulling sponsorship-BAD. Boo to Xray-again if its true.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang
If true-thats disgraceful. I think its every team manegers job to try and give his team an advanatge, but to threaten pulling sponsorship-BAD. Boo to Xray-again if its true.
Yup if Xray did do that it is a huge disgrace since i am a big Fan of Xray.... Hopefully it really wasnt like that.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ray,

The track was changed at the last minute, thats for sure. As to the reasons, I cannot answer, but I did hear grumblings that the track was too difficult ( what a crock ). I doubt the track change would have had any difference in the results, Marc was just laying the smackdown.

Last edited by TimPotter; 07-16-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TimPotter
Ray,

The track was changed at the last minute, thats for sure. As to the reasons, I cannot answer, but I did hear grumblings that the track was too difficult ( what a crock ). I doubt the track change would have had any difference in the results, Marc was just laying the smackdown.
if that Chicane was removed then it would just make it faster.. Why would xray want that out?
Old 11-03-2004, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by TimPotter
Ray,

Thanks for the pic Tim!! Hope you had fun at the Worlds!! Maybe someday for me..like 8 years

Last edited by rayhuang; 11-03-2004 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Either way that track was great to race on. the layout was fast, and had a lot of overtaking spots. It was one of the more fun large layouts I have raced on.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

We heard way more "complaints" from other racers if the track would be changed to a style that was more like the worlds warm-up track (using a longer straight followed by a sweaper). That would have been more fare to the guys that attended the warm-up I think though. Now it was a shorter version (but still fast) and they opened up the tight chicane so it wouldnt create a pile of crashed cars as that was turn-1 after the straight. I heard no one complaining about the "short" track - we liked it a lot...
Old 11-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Suspended

Yeah, but I beleive IFMAR mandates that the track must be changed a certain amount between the pre worlds and the worlds.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Finally back home again.....

A thank you has to go to Adrian and people from battery Tech, I made their lives to hell Another thank you to all the people who made this event possible after the mess the hurricanes left them! While driving from the hotel to the track, and looking around, you realise how bad it was!

That Marc won already was for me a bit unexpected. I quessed him to be the winner in 2 years. But he did it, 17 years old, with all the pressure of the last A final to 'do the job' and making not a single mistake is just incredible. Never seen before. None of the other A finalist do need to feel bad by being beaten, it was his race. Just another luck it was so hot on finals day, which made the differences a lot smaller, so we had super exciting finals. I could not see any of them, and look forward to the video's being online soon made by our webmaster and Pelle Martin.

I better say nothing about motors and batteries...

Last note, about the layout, it was for all the same. It was not made to suit any car or driver. I was also not happy it was so far of the warm up layout, as it meant all our testing was for nothing. Sure is, the layout was ready the day before the race, and not changed overnight as I have seen in a post. All had to start with a 'clean sheet' and made the best out of it in the few practise runs. This worlds A final included the best of the best, and with 4 qualifiers out of 6 counting the ones who were most consistent fast during 2 days were in that A final.

Last but not least, a big THANK YOU to all my drivers and the people on the back ground, which have made this year an unforgetable one. Without your help and support we would not have made it this far! Its so nice to see you all having fun together, it keeps for sure the team spirit high!

Oscar
Old 11-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where can I find the results of the worlds beyond A main?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.