Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do I use the Castle Field Card with the CC BEC

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default How do I use the Castle Field Card with the CC BEC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi:
I have just installed a Castle Mamba Monster 2200kv motor combo in my 1:8 road car,but apparantly I will need an external BEC to power my high torque Savox 1256TG steering servo. I plan on buying the CC BEC,but after reading the installation directions,where do I now plug in my Castle Link or Castle Field Card?. Seems that the RED wire needs to be disconnected, which is where I normally would plug the Field Card or the Castle Link to adjust the settings on my Mamba Monster ESC.
Do I need some sort of adapter cable?. Can't figure out how to get power to the Field Card now that the power wire on the ESC is disconnected?! Surely Castle must have something planned for the thousands or more that use their BEC with the Field Card or Castle Link?
I have done a search and thought I would find my answer on the Castle web-site pertaining to my question, but nothin!
Maybe someone can shoot me a link or a video they have seen would be great! Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

One way is adding a short "servo extension", basically an extension cord. Should be readily available at any shop in various lengths, very common in planes.

Hack (and insulate!) the red wire from the extension, use that to run the BEC with.

Then the original ESC plug is unmolested for the Link. And using without, selling it, warranty if needed, etc.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dave H
One way is adding a short "servo extension", basically an extension cord. Should be readily available at any shop in various lengths, very common in planes.

Hack (and insulate!) the red wire from the extension, use that to run the BEC with.

Then the original ESC plug is unmolested for the Link. And using without, selling it, warranty if needed, etc.
Thanks! Huck
Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

No problem. Guess in this case there is no need to insulate, just get rid of the red wire completely in the extension.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dave H
No problem. Guess in this case there is no need to insulate, just get rid of the red wire completely in the extension.
Thanks! Just so that I am clear on this...if I want to use the Castle Field Card to adjust the ESC settings,I would have to power up as usual and unplug the ESC wire going to the receiver and plug the Card in there and if I want to use the Castle Link to change ESC settings,I don't power up and just use the computer USB power and plug into the same place? When adjusting the voltage settings on the BEC,I would unplug where the BEC wire goes to receiver and plug Castle Link in there?. Thanks,Huck

Last edited by Huck50; 02-01-2012 at 04:47 AM. Reason: spelling