Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by buckeye dan
i use a sakura zero s u can buy a new chasis for about 100 dollars I have been very competative with it running much more expensive cars.
3Racing parts for the Sakura's are available in the US at:
Hot Shot Hobby (http://www.hotshothobby.com)
TQ RC Racing (http://www.tqrcracing.com)

RC Mart and RC Platform, if you don't mind ordering from overseas, have websites as well as eBay presences. A couple of other HK stores have strong eBay presences as well. I can order from HK and have it in Atlanta in 7-10 days.

TQ RC also has parts for the new Spec-R chassis as well.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Thanks everybody! Think I'm going to buy a TC4! Thank you for all the info
Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

after putting about 2 good race nights with my TC4 Club racer, I can honestly say that I am very happy with the car. The only real modifications you need to do with the car is clean the ball bearings, get some sway bars and replace the front drive shafts with the blue aluminum ones. that's really all you need to be competitive with the car.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hokie6260
Thanks everybody! Think I'm going to buy a TC4! Thank you for all the info
great choice...dont forget the RPM bumper...helps to keep the c-hubs from getting broken...and as Will pointed out below.

Originally Posted by JustWill75
after putting about 2 good race nights with my TC4 Club racer, I can honestly say that I am very happy with the car. The only real modifications you need to do with the car is clean the ball bearings, get some sway bars and replace the front drive shafts with the blue aluminum ones. that's really all you need to be competitive with the car.
I still havent did my bearings yet...Im going to before next race and see how much more I can free up the car..
Old 12-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default ROAR 2013 Carpet On-Road Nationals

ROAR On-road Nats at Horsham RC Raceway. VTA is usually a good class at this track. Should be a good showing for a nationals event.

Dates
March 14th through the 17th.

Schedule
Thursday- Practice (open or controlled tbd)
Friday- Practice + 2 Qualifiers
Saturday- Practice + 2 Qualifiers
Sunday- Mains
Old 12-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bertottius
ROAR On-road Nats at Horsham RC Raceway. VTA is usually a good class at this track. Should be a good showing for a nationals event.

Dates
March 14th through the 17th.

Schedule
Thursday- Practice (open or controlled tbd)
Friday- Practice + 2 Qualifiers
Saturday- Practice + 2 Qualifiers
Sunday- Mains
are they even having VTA and under what rules?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Oh I'm sure they will have it there. That track gets 3 VTA heats almost every week.

It's a ROAR event so, I'm sure it will be ROAR's VTA rules.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I run USVTA rules, never even looked at Roar's. That being said, will a USVTA car pass tech or does things need to be changed?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

From what I can tell, a USVTA car would pass ROAR but, a ROAR car would not pass USVTA. If that makes sense at all.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
are they even having VTA and under what rules?
IF they (ROAR) follow suit like the last 2 nationals (After the 2011 nationals), it should be the USVTA version of the rules...I believe the last carpet nationals followed that rule set - I remember all the conversation about Mr. Phalen's car being 100% USVTA legal and winning the show..

The PA/NJ/NY/DE area are almost all 100% USVTA compliant - just 1 hold-out track in SE PA that haven't changed...But Horsham is 100% USVTA (maybe minus driver) and has been since last January
Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

yes a USVTA car will pass tech at a ROAR Race...Tony did very well as did Eric G to take both ROAR Carpet and Pavement VTA titles...

the issue is they still have to allow ROAR VTA cars...so a Trinity 25.5 D3.5, Tekin esc, and 6500 70 lipos are legal...how will that stack up against a Novak 25.5, Novak esc, and Gen Ace 5000 lipo...?...who knows in the right hands...

I wish the ROAR National event would use USVTA rules, but not likely to happen
Old 12-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hopefully no one is dissuaded from going becuase of the ROAR vta rules instead of USVTA rules.

I ran second to Tony P at the carpet nats. my car was not USVTA legal. I ran a LRP SXXv2 in blinky mode and a revtech 6500 65C battery.

Me and Tony were dead even on lap times, in speed on the straights, and in the infield. Hell, TQ was set by less than a tenth of a second between the 2 of us. Our cars were identical.

In the end, he drove a cleaner race than I did and deserved to win. Everyone looks to be worried about blinky speedos and big batteries at ROAR races, but i can tell you first hand, it does not matter. The 25.5 can only pull so much power, and its gonna be the same if you have a old GTB and 25c battery, or a SXXv2 and 65c battery.

Myron can attest to my driving ability, its not that my car was faster and i wasnt as fast of a driver. It was two cars identical speed seeing who could be closer to perfect for 8 minutes, just how a race should be decided.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jonesy112
Hopefully no one is dissuaded from going becuase of the ROAR vta rules instead of USVTA rules.

I ran second to Tony P at the carpet nats. my car was not USVTA legal. I ran a LRP SXXv2 in blinky mode and a revtech 6500 65C battery.

Me and Tony were dead even on lap times, in speed on the straights, and in the infield. Hell, TQ was set by less than a tenth of a second between the 2 of us. Our cars were identical.

In the end, he drove a cleaner race than I did and deserved to win. Everyone looks to be worried about blinky speedos and big batteries at ROAR races, but i can tell you first hand, it does not matter. The 25.5 can only pull so much power, and its gonna be the same if you have a old GTB and 25c battery, or a SXXv2 and 65c battery.

Myron can attest to my driving ability, its not that my car was faster and i wasnt as fast of a driver. It was two cars identical speed seeing who could be closer to perfect for 8 minutes, just how a race should be decided.
I don't think anyone will really be dissuaded. I'm sure their will be quite a few drivers in VTA for this event.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertottius
I don't think anyone will really be dissuaded. I'm sure their will be quite a few drivers in VTA for this event.
Hope that is the case. The pavement nats only had ten total there, and it was in USVTA s backyard. And there was over twenty locals there for the asphalt assault race just 2 weeks earlier. Those issues seemed to be the common complaint.

Just would love to see vta grow at the big roar races
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

thats the point...I would have figured the Pav would have been 30 deep at least...but most of the VTA guys Ive talked to say that the reason for low turn-out is that they dont know what to expect...unlike an official USVTA event you pretty much know whats out there...

and as you stated, you wasnt USVTA legal, nor was others...and if a mistake was made by Tony, you could have taken it as well...and Dirla with the stupid fast lap...lol, wasnt USVTA either...

I hope the VTA guys come out in force...Im going to try and make it this year as well...the date is an issue for me as my wife will be graduating that weekend...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.