Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 03-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodo
had the same problem, apply anti-squat to the rear end and it's solved. now car is planted even with 2deg rear toe in
Thanks i'll try that this weekend
Old 03-10-2010, 02:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
Guess I'll try the blues in the rear and the mega anti-squat
Going to try settings out of the norm too. Who knows, I might stumble upon something.

Does using the muchmore shock oil make that much difference? I currently use AE because that's the only oil the LHS carries. I know the viscosity rates are different, but you guys think MM55 is too hard for asphalt?
MM should be in CST, do you mean 550? If so that's pretty hard, I've used 550 on asphalt but only when the grip is reasonably high and the temperature hot. In any case, it doesn't matter what shock oil you use as long as the weight works on your track. That said, too thick oil normally makes your car understeer not oversteer. If I were you I'd start with 35wt rear and 45wt front and HP blue rear and silver front springs. You can also go to D/D at the front which will really mellow it out. I'd leave the anti-squat in the kit too
Old 03-10-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz;
Which rear top deck screws did you take off? Can you show pics of your mod to the chassis? Were you running Mod during TITC? I was running Mod too and my tyres overheated after like 5-7 laps.
I didn't do any mods to my chassis

But I did cut down my lipo tray so i could
center my batt more

But jonest has it second last row
Old 03-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
I didn't do any mods to my chassis

But I did cut down my lipo tray so i could
center my batt more

But jonest has it second last row
I mod it!!!! hahahaa......

tried the "New Car" at nite where the traction was good and the car handles pretty good..... much better than previous.... now I need to try it out in the day and also the anti squat to make the rear more planted...

And awaiting patiently for the Smoke-em chassis!!! heheee
Old 03-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Show us some pics
Old 03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jonest
I mod it!!!! hahahaa......

tried the "New Car" at nite where the traction was good and the car handles pretty good..... much better than previous.... now I need to try it out in the day and also the anti squat to make the rear more planted...

And awaiting patiently for the Smoke-em chassis!!! heheee

Post here soon on the handling differences if you have the SMOKEM chassis install, I ordered EXOTEK one and its on its way now.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Hi quick question

In the Red RC videos of Jilles Groskamp building his 416 hes always shimming everything out. Im just wondering where you purchase all the shims from?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
Hi quick question

In the Red RC videos of Jilles Groskamp building his 416 hes always shimming everything out. Im just wondering where you purchase all the shims from?

Thanks
Here
Old 03-11-2010, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
Hi quick question

Thanks
http://www.planet-rc.ch/product_info...m-Set-3mm.html
http://www.planet-rc.ch/product_info...m-Set-4mm.html
http://www.planet-rc.ch/product_info...m-Set-5mm.html
http://www.planet-rc.ch/product_info...-Set-10mm.html

Old 03-11-2010, 04:20 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Thanks Stein! Thems the ones
Old 03-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know where I can get 416x decals/stickers?
Old 03-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Default TRF416X Chassis Balance

Can someone help? On my TRF416X, the weight is distributed as per below picture. Originally, I had the PPD Billet Ez-lipo weight tray under the battery which weighed 84.6 g, but had a really hard time trying to get balance the car on the Hudy tweak station.

I have checked the numerous times, the chassis straightness, the droop is correct, and shock lengths and tensions are the same, but ultimately was able to balance the car w/ the removal of the PPD Billet weight and simply adding the 35.9 grams behind the battery.

***Doesn't this seem weird??? Can anyone help, by advising where and also how much weight I should add to my car, w/ the below weighted items, in the specified locations???

On the left-side;
- BLS451 Servo: 57.4 g
- AMB Transponder: 7.9 g (on top of servo)
- R603FF Receiver: 12.6 g
- LRP SPX esc: 69.6 g
- Trinity Duo 17.5R BL: 175.0 g
-------------------------------
Left-side total weight: 322.5 grams

On the right-side:
- Lipo Batter: 264.5 g
- Additional lead weights: 35.9 g (behind the battery)
Right-side total weight: 300.4 g

With the body and wheels on, the total weight becomes 1334.5 grams

Your help is deeply appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-trf416x-2.23.2010-weight.jpg  
Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HACHIROKU13BT
Can someone help? On my TRF416X, the weight is distributed as per below picture. Originally, I had the PPD Billet Ez-lipo weight tray under the battery which weighed 84.6 g, but had a really hard time trying to get balance the car on the Hudy tweak station.

I have checked the numerous times, the chassis straightness, the droop is correct, and shock lengths and tensions are the same, but ultimately was able to balance the car w/ the removal of the PPD Billet weight and simply adding the 35.9 grams behind the battery.

***Doesn't this seem weird??? Can anyone help, by advising where and also how much weight I should add to my car, w/ the below weighted items, in the specified locations???

On the left-side;
- BLS451 Servo: 57.4 g
- AMB Transponder: 7.9 g (on top of servo)
- R603FF Receiver: 12.6 g
- LRP SPX esc: 69.6 g
- Trinity Duo 17.5R BL: 175.0 g
Left-side total weight: 322.5 grams

On the right-side:
- Lipo Batter: 264.5 g
- Additional lead weights: 35.9 g (behind the battery)
Right-side total weight: 300.4 g

With the body and wheels on, the total weight becomes 1334.5 grams

Your help is deeply appreciated.
I had the same issue as you. But in my case, I could not balance the car, even with the same amount of weight L/R. The issue was weight distribution. The motor is the heaviest object on the left side. If you look at your diagram, the car gets heavier as to go towards the rear. So naturally you would put more weights to the rear side of the battery. It also helps if you move the battery out to the edge of the chassis at an angle like some of those lipo trays. But you shouldn't balance with 22g less weight to begin with though.

Going to try out the Exotek chassis this weekend. Had some fitment issues, but the build is coming out fine. I need to weigh out everything after completing the car, but I feel 60g on the batt side might a little too much for a TP5000mah. I tried to use the inner most batt position, but the front steel weight hits the steering post so I have to use the middle hole position. Still yet, I have to test everything out once I have car in race ready form to balance things out. Will chime in later.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by redbones
I had the same issue as you. But in my case, I could not balance the car, even with the same amount of weight L/R. The issue was weight distribution. The motor is the heaviest object on the left side. If you look at your diagram, the car gets heavier as to go towards the rear. So naturally you would put more weights to the rear side of the battery. It also helps if you move the battery out to the edge of the chassis at an angle like some of those lipo trays. But you shouldn't balance with 22g less weight to begin with though.

Going to try out the Exotek chassis this weekend. Had some fitment issues, but the build is coming out fine. I need to weigh out everything after completing the car, but I feel 60g on the batt side might a little too much for a TP5000mah. I tried to use the inner most batt position, but the front steel weight hits the steering post so I have to use the middle hole position. Still yet, I have to test everything out once I have car in race ready form to balance things out. Will chime in later.
Redbones :
Thank so much for your input! I'm sort of happy that I'm not the only person w/ this problem.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default 416X Build Help

I'm in the process of building my 416X and I have a few questions:

- Do you guys recommend using Loctite on the screws that thread into the bulkheads and motor mount?

- Is there an option part for the long blue alloy ball connectors? Part #? I fear the longer ball connectors may break or bend.

I still have the suspension to complete, but much of it seems to be a lot like my TA05 IFS-R.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.